Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Men Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Damn, all I have to say is that if Plushenko skates like this at the Olympics, then it might be over for the other men. I hope the other guys are watching this performance and be prepared to fight for gold.

plush just sleptwalked into that 3 axel...was a beauty, yea? love how he lifted his left leg as he glided backwards and easily catapulted himself sky high to do a +3 GOE jump... . he's nearly 27 and still can pull off amazing feats like that.

he's earnest about competing for the top spot, no doubt. the other guys better be watching.

Custom Title
    Damn, all I have to say is that if Plushenko skates like this at the Olympics, then it might be over for the other men.
    You mean if he's scored like this.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    A clean Rippon looks better to me than a clean Johnny at this point.
    Rippon still has too many juniorish qualities to me.

Looked mostly like same old Johnny except for some of the steps.
    Even if I agreed, I have no idea why this would be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by taylorfax View Post
    You mean if he's scored like this.

Rippon still has too many juniorish qualities to me.

Even if I agreed, I have no idea why this would be a bad thing?
    I didn't say it was "bad." Just have heard so much about the new Johnny and I didn't think he looked all that different.

As far as "juniorish" I recall Tara and Sarah doing OK with a juniorish look!
    But perhaps it is different for the men??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulswan View Post
    plush just sleptwalked into that 3 axel...was a beauty, yea? love how he lifted his left leg as he glided backwards and easily catapulted himself sky high to do a +3 GOE jump... . he's nearly 27 and still can pull off amazing feats like that.

he's earnest about competing for the top spot, no doubt. the other guys better be watching.
    Yes, it is truly amazing after being away from competition for 3 years, you would think he would be rusty with his quad and 3axel. But, he does it like it's second nature when the other men spent this entire quad trying to perfect. The Olympics is going to be one exciting competition.

Yes, it is truly amazing after being away from competition for 3 years, you would think he would be rusty with his quad and 3axel. But, he does it like it's second nature when the other men spent this entire quad trying to perfect. The Olympics is going to be one exciting competition.
    They might be very exciting ,,,,,,,unless Yuna and Plushy eliminate the need for an LP ........ as we just saw at TEB and back in Torino.

Just something to ponder......

ETA: I hope seniorita packed plenty of tissues
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-23-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Custom Title
    yes, plush is competing for the gold....but i recall that he did say he'd be okay with any medal....even a bronze as it'll be a complete set for him at the olympics. but he's going to try his hardest for the former, of course.

i like his long better and wonder if he'll do 2 quads here. that's his goal for the olympics... very risky...

Custom Title
    As far as "juniorish" I recall Tara and Sarah doing OK with a juniorish look!
    But perhaps it is different for the men??
    Didn't say look, said qualities.
    But then, perhaps we appreciate different things in figure skating.

Custom Title
    They might be very exciting ,,,,,,,unless Yuna and Plushy eliminate the need for an LP ........ as we just saw at TEB and back in Torino.

Just something to ponder......
    Of course, let's hope they push their competitors to bring their A-game and not another snoozefest.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorfax View Post
    Didn't say look, said qualities.
    But then, perhaps we appreciate different things in figure skating.
    Good point and although I said "look" I would also say Tara and Sara had juniourish qualities. But clean skating is clean skating whether one is 16 or 25.

I was a fan of neither girl but I do like Rippon. He is still a work in progress and hope he is marked at Natls for what he does on the ice and not on "potential."
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-23-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Edgy Details
    I just saw Plushenko SP. The jumps are soooooo pretty. Yet, the step sequences.... He could skate them to any music... They do not go with the music. So typical Plushenko here Windmill arms, lol

Weir's music is sleep inducing...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I agree with you. He is young ? So is Patrick Chan and he gets rewarded... I am tired of protocol judging, there should be no such a thing , if someone is good, reward him.
    Kozuka actually said something to the similar effect last season in Japanese interviews, right? He said that he feels frustrated by (cannot reconcile himself with) the fact that he and Patrick Chan moved to the senior level around the same time but he cannot get as high points as Chan does (I'm paraphrasing here). I also think he mentioned specifically that he feels frustrated that he cannot get higher PCSs. Seriously, his PCS score was too low. Poor guy. I hope he didn't feel too frustrated this time. Well, judging by his looks at the kiss and cry, I think he did.

I really love his SP program! I loved it the first time when I saw it, and it's getting better and better. I'm sure this will be one of my favorite programs this season.

As for Plushenko, no matter who you're rooting for, you gotta admire and respect this guy's incredible will and perseverance. His 4-3 is really something to behold. I'm actually kind of glad he's back.

Well, I really love Johnny...let's say I hope his LP is better than his SP, especially the music. I really don't like the music he used for his SP.

The camera work here really leaves a lot of things to be desired.

Off to see other programs. How can one survive in this world without youtube?

I thought Plush's combination and 3Ax and combo spin were better here than in Perm but doubling the lutz was strange (he doesn't have a big history of doubling).

I think he deserved to be in first (from what I've seen on YT) but I do think the judges were being a little generous with the margins. (nothing new there). I enjoyed Kozuka more than him or Weir (haven't seen the rest)

I don't have a problem with the generous judging at this stage, and it will be interesting to see how he does skating last tomorrow (especially if some of the other men have good days). I just hope the rest of the field doesn't give up before the LP...

I wonder what Alexei Yagudin was thinking as he watched all of this....sure wish we could see him skate again!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    I wonder what Alexei Yagudin was thinking as he watched all of this....sure wish we could see him skate again!
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29151 Scroll down, there's a quote by Yagudin.

I hope seniorita didn't have a heart attack watching Plush today

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast