Men Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

herios

Medalist
It still bothers me. And it's not like Taka is super young. If the Japanese are so good that they could actually sweep the podium in Vancouver, than they should be allowed to do so.

Found my banner. Will go pouting now.

I agree with you. He is young ? So is Patrick Chan and he gets rewarded... I am tired of protocol judging, there should be no such a thing , if someone is good, reward him.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
It still bothers me. And it's not like Taka is super young. If the Japanese are so good that they could actually sweep the podium in Vancouver, than they should be allowed to do so.

It bothers me a lot!!! But... that's what usually happens to No3's, does it not. They are scapegoats. Takahiko can beat both Daisuke and Nobunari in Dec in Japan Nationals though, he'll have his chance.

That is a complete BS.

Sure. As you wish.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Yay for Evgeny and Taka!!:clap::clap: I want these two to go 1-2 tomorrow also in any order. I agree Kozuka's PC score is a bit low and Plushy overall a bit higher compared to Verner last week but we can't really compare scores from one competition to another, is unfair since there are different judges plus a difference of 81-82 falls between personal impression range. If we were talking about a +10 points difference then there would be a problem.

PC's should be reduced to just 2 categories : S. Skills and Overall Artistic Impression, why bother with TR and CH when we know they are never used properly?? that way people wont get so bitter at boards complaining about them:laugh: Oh and perhaps a third "Reputation" category, :laugh:

Happy for Tretiakov and Schultheiss making the final group. Personal faves of mine. Borodulin is good but too Plushy-lite for my taste, specially when he's competing with the real thing.:p

Sad for Mroz..

Last edited:

enlight78

Medalist
I think Plushenko and Kozuka has 1 and 2 locked up. Weir might be off the podium depending on how Artem skates in the free. /kozuka actually beat oda's teb pcs in the short

enlight78

Medalist
I think Armodio ; Sawyer: and Mroz really need to step it up in the long program if they want a chance at Olympic birth because feds are going to be really paying attention to gps

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Watching Plushy's SP with more attention is the footwork that has let me down a bit. Its still difficult and agressive but not as passionate plus the SL sequence hardly goes with the music. All the rest is impressive for a 3 year absence.. good for him.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Good news - Plushenko was offered Skate America. That surprises me actually, since the roster for the men at Skate America looked more like: "Let's give Evan Lysacek a huge and nearly unmissable chance to win this for the first time in his career." Plushenko is thinking about it.

Also, it would make the GPF look a little less than a cheesefest, because till now it looks like that: no Chan, no Lambiel, no Joubert...

sillylionlove

Medalist
Good news - Plushenko was offered Skate America. That surprises me actually, since the roster for the men at Skate America looked more like: "Let's give Evan Lysacek a huge and nearly unmissable chance to win this for the first time in his career." Plushenko is thinking about it.

Also, it would make the GPF look a little less than a cheesefest, because till now it looks like that: no Chan, no Lambiel, no Joubert...

According to the isu website....Igor Macypura has taken that spot at Skate America. Currently, there are no empty spots in the mens roster.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Based on SP performance, Rippon also has Weir beat as for right now.

A clean Rippon looks better to me than a clean Johnny at this point.
Was Johnny really skating a Wilson choreo? Looked mostly like same old Johnny except for some of the steps.

Medusa

Record Breaker
According to the isu website....Igor Macypura has taken that spot at Skate America. Currently, there are no empty spots in the mens roster.

Hmm, Plushenko just said it, minutes ago at the press conference. So I don't know, maybe something changed since they last updated the page.

SamuraiKike

Medalist

Are you sure?? The roster of SA has already been updated with Igor Macypura replacing Takahito Mura and there are no free spots left according to ISU page :

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1631

Can they retire one invitation from a skater if its already been assigned??