Men Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

schiele

Final Flight
Whooo hooo, just saw Plush (the only one i couldnt see during live stream).. To everyone everywhere who raised eyebrows at him, may I just say :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I didnt like it at Russian nationals but today, :clap::clap:
I was so bored of "transitional" skating, this just made my day! :rock:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Good news - Plushenko was offered Skate America. That surprises me actually, since the roster for the men at Skate America looked more like: "Let's give Evan Lysacek a huge and nearly unmissable chance to win this for the first time in his career." Plushenko is thinking about it.

Also, it would make the GPF look a little less than a cheesefest, because till now it looks like that: no Chan, no Lambiel, no Joubert...

Hm... that will certainly make SA a bit more exciting.

Joubert isn't done yet? If others bomb or wd, he'll be there.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A clean Rippon looks better to me than a clean Johnny at this point.
Was Johnny really skating a Wilson choreo? Looked mostly like same old Johnny except for some of the steps.

I prefer Adam over Johnny too. My dream USA mens' team is: 1. Abbott, 2. Rippon, and 3. Weir.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Hmm, Plushenko just said it, minutes ago at the press conference. So I don't know, maybe something changed since they last updated the page.

It appears that the page was just updated today as Igor Macypura was not on there yesterday.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Last edited:

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Damn, all I have to say is that if Plushenko skates like this at the Olympics, then it might be over for the other men. I hope the other guys are watching this performance and be prepared to fight for gold.

Ximena

Final Flight
When I saw the withdrawal from SA, I thought for a while they may give it to Plushenko, but since it seems it has been filled, it seems that is no longer a possibility.

It would have been nice, Evgeni has not done SA since 1998.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Not sure about that but agree adding plushy to SA would be good for both SA and as noted particularly for the GPF.

It would be great for the Grand Prix of course but I don't think is fair for the rejected skater (poor Macypura:laugh:). I'm actually surprised Lambiel has not been invited. More likely he's not interested because I really doubt the federations didn't think of him as their first choice for a replacement. And I think he should have another competition before Euros cause he wasn't great at Nebelhorn.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Are you sure?? The roster of SA has already been updated with Igor Macypura replacing Takahito Mura and there are no free spots left according to ISU page
It's what I just read.

Lambiel said that he didn't want to do GP assignments outside of Europe now.

I love Plushenko's camel, you see all his ballet training there. He really needs to work on the speed in the footwork, Lysacek does flailing unmusically to the music better and faster these days.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
Damn, all I have to say is that if Plushenko skates like this at the Olympics, then it might be over for the other men. I hope the other guys are watching this performance and be prepared to fight for gold.

plush just sleptwalked into that 3 axel...was a beauty, yea? love how he lifted his left leg as he glided backwards and easily catapulted himself sky high to do a +3 GOE jump... :laugh:. he's nearly 27 and still can pull off amazing feats like that.

he's earnest about competing for the top spot, no doubt. the other guys better be watching.

taylorfax

On the Ice
Damn, all I have to say is that if Plushenko skates like this at the Olympics, then it might be over for the other men.
You mean if he's scored like this. :p

A clean Rippon looks better to me than a clean Johnny at this point.
Rippon still has too many juniorish qualities to me.

Looked mostly like same old Johnny except for some of the steps.
Even if I agreed, I have no idea why this would be a bad thing?

janetfan

Match Penalty
You mean if he's scored like this. :p

Rippon still has too many juniorish qualities to me.

Even if I agreed, I have no idea why this would be a bad thing?

I didn't say it was "bad." Just have heard so much about the new Johnny and I didn't think he looked all that different.

As far as "juniorish" I recall Tara and Sarah doing OK with a juniorish look!
But perhaps it is different for the men??

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
plush just sleptwalked into that 3 axel...was a beauty, yea? love how he lifted his left leg as he glided backwards and easily catapulted himself sky high to do a +3 GOE jump... :laugh:. he's nearly 27 and still can pull off amazing feats like that.

he's earnest about competing for the top spot, no doubt. the other guys better be watching.

Yes, it is truly amazing after being away from competition for 3 years, you would think he would be rusty with his quad and 3axel. But, he does it like it's second nature when the other men spent this entire quad trying to perfect. The Olympics is going to be one exciting competition.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Yes, it is truly amazing after being away from competition for 3 years, you would think he would be rusty with his quad and 3axel. But, he does it like it's second nature when the other men spent this entire quad trying to perfect. The Olympics is going to be one exciting competition.

They might be very exciting ,,,,,,,unless Yuna and Plushy eliminate the need for an LP ........ as we just saw at TEB and back in Torino.

Just something to ponder......

ETA: I hope seniorita packed plenty of tissues ;)

Last edited:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
yes, plush is competing for the gold....but i recall that he did say he'd be okay with any medal....even a bronze as it'll be a complete set for him at the olympics. but he's going to try his hardest for the former, of course.

i like his long better and wonder if he'll do 2 quads here. that's his goal for the olympics... very risky...

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
They might be very exciting ,,,,,,,unless Yuna and Plushy eliminate the need for an LP ........ as we just saw at TEB and back in Torino.

Just something to ponder......

Of course, let's hope they push their competitors to bring their A-game and not another snoozefest.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Didn't say look, said qualities. :)
But then, perhaps we appreciate different things in figure skating. :)

Good point and although I said "look" I would also say Tara and Sara had juniourish qualities. But clean skating is clean skating whether one is 16 or 25.

I was a fan of neither girl but I do like Rippon. He is still a work in progress and hope he is marked at Natls for what he does on the ice and not on "potential."

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
I just saw Plushenko SP. The jumps are soooooo pretty. Yet, the step sequences.... He could skate them to any music... They do not go with the music. So typical Plushenko here :biggrin: Windmill arms, lol

Weir's music is sleep inducing...