Men Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men Short Program

SusieH

On the Ice
I agree with you. He is young ? So is Patrick Chan and he gets rewarded... I am tired of protocol judging, there should be no such a thing , if someone is good, reward him.

Kozuka actually said something to the similar effect last season in Japanese interviews, right? He said that he feels frustrated by (cannot reconcile himself with) the fact that he and Patrick Chan moved to the senior level around the same time but he cannot get as high points as Chan does (I'm paraphrasing here). :frown: I also think he mentioned specifically that he feels frustrated that he cannot get higher PCSs. Seriously, his PCS score was too low. :mad: Poor guy. I hope he didn't feel too frustrated this time. Well, judging by his looks at the kiss and cry, I think he did.

I really love his SP program! I loved it the first time when I saw it, and it's getting better and better. I'm sure this will be one of my favorite programs this season. :clap:

As for Plushenko, no matter who you're rooting for, you gotta admire and respect this guy's incredible will and perseverance. His 4-3 is really something to behold.:love: I'm actually kind of glad he's back.

Well, I really love Johnny...let's say I hope his LP is better than his SP, especially the music. I really don't like the music he used for his SP.

The camera work here really leaves a lot of things to be desired. :scowl:

Off to see other programs. How can one survive in this world without youtube? :yes:

Mafke

Medalist
I thought Plush's combination and 3Ax and combo spin were better here than in Perm but doubling the lutz was strange (he doesn't have a big history of doubling).

I think he deserved to be in first (from what I've seen on YT) but I do think the judges were being a little generous with the margins. (nothing new there). I enjoyed Kozuka more than him or Weir (haven't seen the rest)

I don't have a problem with the generous judging at this stage, and it will be interesting to see how he does skating last tomorrow (especially if some of the other men have good days). I just hope the rest of the field doesn't give up before the LP...

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wonder what Alexei Yagudin was thinking as he watched all of this....sure wish we could see him skate again!

Ximena

Final Flight
I don't know how, and no there are not more, just him, but weir.ru got some protocols from Johnny's SP

3Lz +2 T 7.30 -0.60 6.70
3A 8.20 -1.68 6.52
3F 5.50 -0.20 5.30
CSSp4 3.0 0.50 3.50
CiSt3 3.30 0.50 3.80
FSSp3 2.60 0.20 2.80
SlSt3 3.30 0.90 4.20
CCoSp4 3.50 0.40 3.90

taylorfax

On the Ice
I don't know how, and no there are not more, just him, but weir.ru got some protocols from Johnny's SP

3Lz +2 T 7.30 -0.60 6.70
3A 8.20 -1.68 6.52
3F 5.50 -0.20 5.30
CSSp4 3.0 0.50 3.50
CiSt3 3.30 0.50 3.80
FSSp3 2.60 0.20 2.80
SlSt3 3.30 0.90 4.20
CCoSp4 3.50 0.40 3.90
Said it before and I'll say it again. Not a good jumping day, but for sure a promising spinning and foot action day. :)

Ximena

Final Flight
Tweet from Johnny

Weird day. Looking forward to redemption tomorrow. The costume is a work in progress. Thank you to all my fans in Moscow today!
17 minutes ago from web

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
That quad triple was crazy good. Much better than he used to do them. The ice coverage he gets on the triple axel is world better than most of the other men except maybe Chan. Again, the chreo was minamilistic, but it worked somehow. Very plushy. He is back with a vegnance.

Sleepy SP for Johnny again. The technique on his jumps looked all off...usually he has such nice form on the triple axel but here it looked sloppy in the air and then the landings were all scratchy. Hate the costume. Bad music. Please change your program Johnny, you are more talented than this.

Last edited:

ae9177

On the Ice
Men's filed in RC is a lot weaker than TEB. Most programs are so Zzzzz.

But Plushy is still great (jump wise), especially the 4-3. :love: Hopefully that will motivate more men to try quad in the Olympic season. He still doesn't skate to the music, but who cares, he's Plushenko. :bow:

herios

Medalist
I thought Plush's combination and 3Ax and combo spin were better here than in Perm but doubling the lutz was strange (he doesn't have a big history of doubling).

I think he deserved to be in first (from what I've seen on YT) but I do think the judges were being a little generous with the margins. (nothing new there). I enjoyed Kozuka more than him or Weir (haven't seen the rest)

I don't have a problem with the generous judging at this stage, and it will be interesting to see how he does skating last tomorrow (especially if some of the other men have good days). I just hope the rest of the field doesn't give up before the LP...

I agree with Plushy's technical edge, although the double lutz should have weighted more than it did. But his PCS's marks are outrageous in comparison with Kozuka. Poor Taka is nailed iespecially on the Interpretation and performance mark.,You tell me how much better he can interpret that music for hheaven's sake??

So far I've seen Plushy, Johnny and Kozuka.

Plushy - amazing in the air, what a dull program otherwise. But what a comeback! I have to admire the guy but please God no more OGMs!!!
ETA: That said, I really hope I get to see him at SA!

Johnny - I'm glad the judges like it, but the program (which I saw live in CT) is still a snooze as far as I'm concerned. But he says his Fallen Angels FP is his best program ever - I hope he's right.! :love:

Kozuka - perfect skating but the program is a mistake, IMO. The music just drones on and on - it has no highlights or energy. It would work as an exhibition but not an Olympic program. This guy has such a pure, understated style - he should skate to something classical and not too heavy - like Curry's Don Q. (BTW - I have a Korean student who has a strong resemblance to Kozie. He gets a little extra consideration for that. :biggrin:)

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
Kozuka's SP is fantastic - I love it!!

Something so refreshing about his interpretive style. I can't believe that kid is so shy and considers himself "not an artist type" (paraphrasing from some interview he gave last season). He has greal musicality and a real genuine sense of cool - no cliches or studied poses in his choreo. He can still push the expression outwards in spots, but I love what he's doing! He is fast becoming my favourite of the male skaters :love:

herios

Medalist
Kozuka's SP is fantastic - I love it!!

Something so refreshing about his interpretive style. I can't believe that kid is so shy and considers himself "not an artist type" (paraphrasing from some interview he gave last season). He has greal musicality and a real genuine sense of cool - no cliches or studied poses in his choreo. He can still push the expression outwards in spots, but I love what he's doing! He is fast becoming my favourite of the male skaters :love:

Mine too and I am heartbroken to see him treated with cold shoulders by the judges. I am canadian and I simply like him even more than P. Chan, who became a little too cocky for my taste

Medusa

Record Breaker
Mine too and I am heartbroken to see him treated with cold shoulders by the judges. I am canadian and I simply like him even more than P. Chan, who became a little too cocky for my taste
I wouldn't call him better than Chan, but I always thought that they are pretty equal. The judges thought the same, till Buttle retired.

Taka is so great, such an amazing skater, I loved those spins today, they were very fast, sharp, well-centered.