Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MIKI ANDO 09-10 Programs

MIKI ANDO 09-10 Programs

I am so excited for Miki this year! I really believe Yu-Na, Mao, Joannie and Miki will all be battling for the Olympics!

No one is sure who the winner is yet! I believe aside from Joannie and Mao, Miki has one of the strongest chances for the gold against Yu-Na

I saw her new long program and I must say it is very reminiscent of a saucy Michelle Kwan! The music is like the Red Violin, it's very haunting and she has improved immensely through the years!

She still needs a lot of improvements in some areas, but her posture has improved really well!

I love her presentation, she really sells the program! She is one of the skaters who bring the heat on the ice!

I'm really excited for her prospects this year!!!

Custom Title
    yes and she has also changed her sp for requiem of mozart the one she was using as a exhibition!!

I love Requiem!

Looks like 2 gorgeous masterpieces on the line!

The season is really starting to heat up!

Miki for me is one of the rare skaters who skate with their soul on their sleeve! She is like a female Yagudin

nefertiti..reincarnate
    I saw her premier performance of Reqiuem live late this June.
    I was so deeply moved that I couldn't sleep at all that night.
    Her very few performances of this well over 4 minutes long version won't be seen any longer, they will turn into a legend, but under the ISU rule we'll have to take it. (Oh wait, it might be that she can play it long in Medalists on Ice this December, because it's not a ISU comp?)

I really hope her 2'50" version will turn out to be her best SP ever.

As for her gala, aside from the charmingly vivid "Bring in Da' Noise....", she and Nicolai can turn the ""Queen of the Night" into an provocative avand-garde piece....you know, it was her idea to be as poisonous a spider as possible, including that big tarantura grabbing her body.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    yes and she has also changed her sp for requiem of mozart the one she was using as a exhibition!!
    Maybe she Mao are watching this forum! I am so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot View Post
    Yes ! Can't wait to see what she does with this SP change. Haven't had the chance to see Cup of Russia yet. Looking forward to it !

Shoe Diva
    I love Miki and have stated over and over that if she brings her talent and game face to the Olympics, she's got the best chance at playing spoiler to the Yuna/Mao lock on the gold.

Yay Miki!

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPhoenix View Post
    Yes ! Can't wait to see what she does with this SP change. Haven't had the chance to see Cup of Russia yet. Looking forward to it !
    I think Miki will perfect this SP later in the season. It still looked very new at CoR. Those parts that were directly copied from EX looked very good (step sequence and ending), but the rest still needs a bit work. Sadly, as ingenious as the EX was, it's not that easy to CoP-ify it - especially in just 4 days!

That said, I really love this music and I think Miki has great connection to it. I love her music choices this season. I hope Miki will take things step by step and peaks at the Olympics... I would be really happy to see her do well in Vancouver.

Custom Title
    I sadly didn't enjoy her SP at COR very much. I really liked her exhibition program this summer, but again, it's very hard to keep all of its choreography and intensity while making it a COP friendly program.

Hopefully it'll develop more as the season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by herro View Post
    I sadly didn't enjoy her SP at COR very much. I really liked her exhibition program this summer, but again, it's very hard to keep all of its choreography and intensity while making it a COP friendly program.

Hopefully it'll develop more as the season goes on.
    I actually liked it a lot. Of course, some work can be done. After all, her new SP is only 5 days old!

Go Miki!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I actually liked it a lot. Of course, some work can be done. After all, her new SP is only 5 days old!

Go Miki!

Yea, I think I like this SP the best out of every other short program she's done. Her exhibition was shockingly good. It convinced me that Miki has potential, even though I was never a big fan of her before. I can't wait to see it develop!

Medalist
    Congratulations on her Cup of Russia win! Her SP was still (understandably) rough but I thought her LP was very nice. Good music choice, I thought, and not only because I liked the TV series. Liked the LP costume as well, a bit unusual but suited to the theme she is portraying.

Miki for me is one of , if not, the most improved skater over the past 5 years

From a jumping bean, with poor posture, bad flexibility etc...she has evolved into a saucy, soulful, artistic skater! She has worked so hard!!!!! Her edges, arms, posture has improved so much!

She reminds me of Shizuka, Shizuka was not the most gifted of skaters , she had horrible posture, always fell, never consistent. She was not musical at all, but she worked super hard! There are still some aspects that really need more progress but she is getting there

Miki is the dark horse of Vancouver according to many skating fans!

She just needs to go for a clean triple -triple and land all her jumps!

I feel there is something about her LP music that spells magic!

I believe in the Olympic year, music is everything!

I'm really excited for Yu-na, Joannie, Miki and Mao!
    Last edited by christinaskater; 10-25-2009 at 06:12 PM.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    Miki for me is one of , if not, the most improved skater over the past 5 years
    Miki is the dark horse of Torino according to many skating fans!
    Yes, she made a huge improvement !!!

You mean to say that she's the dark horse of Vancouver Olys and of Torino Worlds, both at once?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast