Pairs Thread | Golden Skate

Pairs Thread

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry, I didn't see one, so started this one. Feel free to delete if there is one already out there.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Playing JAM again!:rock:

Pairs practicing, haven't really kept in touch with pairs too much, so not good at identifying so & so.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It will be interesting to compare Yuko & Sasha's performances here to Masha & Max's performances in TEB.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, they honestly remind me of a young G&G. She looks like a baby out there with her partner.......how I have missed the lovely classical lines & refinement of the Russians........just lovely, lovely.

Minor bobble on side-by-side jump by her, gorgeous split-3-twist, and everything else hit as well. :)

sillylionlove

Medalist
Wow, they honestly remind me of a young G&G. She looks like a baby out there with her partner.......how I have missed the lovely classical lines & refinement of the Russians........just lovely, lovely.

Minor bobble on side-by-side jump by her, gorgeous split-3-twist, and everything else hit as well. :)

When I saw them at Skate America in 2007 I thought the same thing!

gold12345

Medalist
I think Bazarova two footed the throw, too.

Her positions in the lift were really nice.

Nadine

Record Breaker
These Italians look totally mismatched, she's too big for him to do a proper split-twist, but good for them for trying.

Into 2nd place.

gold12345

Medalist
These Italians look totally mismatched, she's too big for him to do a proper split-twist, but good for them for trying.

Into 2nd place.

Yup. They had solid sbs jumps and a solid throw. 53 something isn't a bad score for them at all.

beep_beep

Medalist
Can't get over how much Maria Sergejeva has grown, she's so tall (for a pair skater that is)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lovely young attractive couple but really messed up on their jumps & basic things like stroking, need to practice practice practice...

Their coach looked p.o.ed in the replay.

And they go into last place with a score of 44.88

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love the music & their costumes, et al, too bad they had so much trouble on the jumps.

And on a purely aesthetic note he should invest in a toupee, his receding head/hair makes him look like an old man out there.

EDITED TO ADD: love the lifts they did down the ice, my favorite move! :)

life684

Final Flight
hahaha, Bazarova/larionov's best score in short program and Lp are from 2008 junior grand prix finals, but their total best is from 2007 skate america. How is that possible?, surely one more best(ie sp or Lp) must be at skate america.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
The Canadian team really struggled. She fell on both her sbs 3T and the throw 3 loop.

Second group is up now. I am nervous.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, I really love this RUS couple (love both RUS couples in fact)......super fast down the ice........huge split-2-twist (could've easily turned it into a triple!

Music & choreography & costumes stunning......unusual avante garde......but just gorgous.

Clean, straight, classical lines, my favorite.

Gorgeous throw jump, she stumbled on her sbs jump though.

Into 3rd place.