Ladies SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
I saw Tonya Harding throw her life away, now I'm seeing Mao do it in glorious fashion, both hard-headed (if I'm to believe what I read) & stubborn.

What a shame, a total waste, just like Tonya, just like Tonya.

Lol, but Nadine's still a fan of both, till the bitter end.:cry::frown:

All my favs came in fourth at the Olympics because of these very qualites:

Steve Prefontaine
Tonya Harding

Deja vue, deja vue *sigh*

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Hmmm... I started reading this thread backwards and was sitting in my office with my mouth on the floor with Julia in first, Alissa in second, Miki in third and Mao in sixth... and then I stumbled across the actual scores. Fear not Mao fans - she could still win... the spread is less than ten points. Granted, I'm rooting for Miki (which in my opinion is the greatest shock...) but both ladies are behind a skater who lacks in the new age tech requirements and another who is known to fall apart in the short.

Now, if Mao needs a major overhaul and if she even has time for one is a totally different and sad conversation...

Julia SEBESTYEN HUN 57.94
2 Alissa CZISNY USA 57.64
3 Miki ANDO JPN 57.18
4 Alena LEONOVA RUS 56.78
5 Ashley WAGNER USA 55.16
6 Mao ASADA JPN 51.94

bekalc

Record Breaker
saw Tonya Harding throw her life away, now I'm seeing Mao do it in glorious fashion, both hard-headed (if I'm to believe what I read) & stubborn.

Mao is very young even if she doesn't medal at this Olympics her career will not be over.. If Yu-na retires, she can go to Orser, or she can go to Morozov (if Miki retires) sort out her jumps and I think she can be a force again.

Hopefully this season will be a wake up call to her. Frankly I think Mao's issues are similar to Kwans in the 2002 season. I remember being what the heck with Kwan's coachless decision. I feel that in someways Mao is basically coachless. Tarasova is really only a part time coach and Folle doesn't have a great track record. You would have thought last season would have been the wakeup call but I guess it was.

I thought the split with Auturian was because he was not happy about Mao training in Japan, not where he was, and so said he wouldn't sit in the Kiss in Cry with her at Four Continents because he didn't want to take responsibility for how she looked.

macemace1980

Rinkside
I am sort of happy about the result!!
Tatiana and Mao should know that they are getting worse and worse.
Look at Yuna!!! She does not make any mistakes!
Yuna knows better the rule and she is practicing better.

I love all figure skaters and love also Mao, but compare to Yuna, Miki, Joannie and Carolina, she doesn't seems to be able to think anything by herself. I mean to show herself better. She seems to be following what Tatiana says.

I am female and I am sort of in Fashion industry, so I do not understand the choice for dresses, music, make up etc.
Even old ladies here wouldn't chose these dresses!!!
Make up, uffa please go to Sephora or some shops which sells cosmetics and ask someone there how to put make up.
Eveything of Mao this season so far is disappointing.

axalteke

Rinkside
OMG!!! at the end of Ladies SP, the Russian woman announcer(I don’t know her name!) surely confirmed that Mao cried awfully going out. And more, Tatiana had not come back to give her a scheduled interview.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I think skating fans should present both Joubert and Asada with a spa trip or something like that. Those two are killing themselves with narrow-minded pressure in my opinion.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
Yes but the difference here is that Yu-na is rock solid with her 3/3s, and Mao doesn't have anywhere near the same consistency with her 3axels. I think that Kim gets a raw deal when it comes to her technical merit a lot. People talk about how she doesn't take risks. And well I guess her layout isn't as "sexy" as 3axels. But seriously, the fact that Kim can hit 3/3s so consistently is frankly amazing, and probably scares the crap out of her competitors.

It's strange now, how some fans view 3/3s as not a risk considering it's difficult for some ladies to execute a great 3/3. It seems like yesterday that 3/3s were considered to be a risk.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
When Mao finished off podium last Worlds, THAT was her chance. But what happened? Alas! They held WTT and reinforced her obsession about 3A with 200 points!

Indeed, she got highes PCS here. It's not gonna happen.

True, she should have learned from worlds and that WTT gave her a chance to believe she can do it. However, it may take this competition to finally nail it in the coffin for her.

It's understandable that Mao wants a challenge to execute 3 3As this season. She should reconsider her strategy and seek a new challenge. For example, performing both clean SP and FS with 1 3A and 3/3s instead.

bekalc

Record Breaker

I don't think it's so much about practicing. The difference here is that Kim has sounder jumping technique than Asada has...And that sound jumping technique is paying dividends after puberty.

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
There is nothing to be shocked about her scores. Mao is definitely going downhill. I missed her first half of the program due to internet issue, but I realized from her face after the program that she screwed up her 3A and maybe something else. I am excited to see her LP with 3A whose success rate this season is 25%. Show me a miracle, Mao!

For those rivalry-lovers, I guess the interesting rivalry would be between Joannie and Miki, not between Yu-Na and Mao at the Grand Prix Final.

ae9177

On the Ice
I'm extremely happy for the top 5, especially Julia, great to see her back and be on the top (although only with a tiny margin)! :rock:
Alena has good chance to make the podium, nice to see Team Russia finally got a leading lady now.
Mao typically has stronger LP than SP, and the distance between the top 6 is nothing, she can easily make a comeback as long as she doesn't have a complete meltdown tomorrow. But, this is a wake-up call for her and Team Tarasova. Her jumps are somehow going downhill quickly after the summer training. Maybe she should put more attention on her 3-3 rather than 3A.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I think skating fans should present both Joubert and Asada with a spa trip or something like that. Those two are killing themselves with narrow-minded pressure in my opinion.

I am sure the Japanese Federation would be glad to cover Tat's expenses if they could get her to take a 6 month spa vacation - preferrably starting this Sunday :p

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
I am sort of happy about the result!!

I love all figure skaters and love also Mao, but compare to Yuna, Miki, Joannie and Carolina, she doesn't seems to be able to think anything by herself. I mean to show herself better. She seems to be following what Tatiana says.

I am female and I am sort of in Fashion industry, so I do not understand the choice for dresses, music, make up etc.
Even old ladies here wouldn't chose these dresses!!!
Make up, uffa please go to Sephora or some shops which sells cosmetics and ask someone there how to put make up.
Eveything of Mao this season so far is disappointing.

Seriously, makeup and new dresses will do nothing if Mao doesn't deliver clean performances.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am sure the Japanese Federation would be glad to cover Tat's expenses if they could get her to take a 6 month spa vacation - preferrably starting this Sunday :p

:biggrin: But seriously, something is awfully wrong with Asada. And Joubert for that matter. I have the feeling that Asada is buried under expectations, pressure etc. She needs to get out, have some fun.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
WOW Alissa, She nailed that SP.

Yulia to the 1!!!! Wow!

good program from ando i guess. nothing very special i guess. and heavily penalized for the combo poor soul

Holy cow! Granny is leading!!

OUCH 51.94 for Mao :eek:. Who would've thought that Julia and Alissa would be the top two in the SP?

:eek::eek::eek: what series of surprises to wake up to!

OMG!!! at the end of Ladies SP, the Russian woman announcer(I don’t know her name!) surely confirmed that Mao cried awfully going out. And more, Tatiana had not come back to give her a scheduled interview.

:cry: Take heart, Mao. The season is FAR from over!!

SXTN

Final Flight
ok, lets ressume:

TAT's achievements:

Mao's 3A is inconsistent again, Mao can't do 3-3's anymore, Mao's 2L in combinations gets downgraded, Mao's 3L gets downgraded, 3Lz is not existent anymore, Mao's 3F gets downgraded.... But hey: she can do a 3T now...

so, i suggest:

SP
3T-2T
2Lz ( but with the right edge)
2A

FS
3T-2T
2F-1L-1L
2Lz
2 or 3L
2A
2A