Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Maybe Mao can try a partnership with Yuka Sato since the communication between student and coach would be easier.
    Hey, that could be cool! She could be training partners with Jeremy Abbott, then.

Banned
    It is pretty obvious that Tarasova's coaching style does not work for Asada.

And the music choice!

Throw away the vampire themes and go back to Lori Nichol.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    Asada won't be at gran prix final?
    I was just thinking that. Certainly not, if this low level of performance continues. You have to feel for her.

Custom Title
    I was expecting the worst for Mao, but it still breaks my heart to see her like this. I hope she can rest up mentally and physically now.

A bit dissappointed with Miki as she looked in really good shape in the practice yesterday.

Thank god Julia and Alissa made me smile. Especially Julia... Good for her!

This is now Miki's to win. Just consider that this short is 4 days old. Her long program is probably much better trained.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the commentary - I couldn't get live feed.

But this is crazy and, forgive me, very depressing. Mao's lowest point, just when she should be radiant with victory.

I mean, cool for Alissa and Julia, but that ain't gonna hold up. I hope!
    Mao still has a very decent chance at winning this, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did. Julia and Alissa are typically weak LP skaters. But darnit, I wish Mao would make some changes already.

Down With It
    I would not say that yet. This is only the SP, it is not a very strong field (with due respect to the competitors) so she can easily rally back to win the event. It's not over yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Ashley must have had one jump downgraded. That is the only explanation for that score,
    I know; I'll watch the youtube vids more closely to see if I can see an underrotation. Even if she did not entirely rotate one of the jumps (and since it wasn't visible to the naked eye, the underrotation must have been very little); what sign is COP trying to give? Giving someone a lower score with a perfect program than with a program in which a skater misses the most important jump element? Wake up ISU: underroration should not be punished harsher than falls! I

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    F-I-R-E TATIANA TARASOVA!

Ever since Mao's been with her it's been nothing but failure, one after another after another.

If there's a petition going around to fire TAT, I'll be the first one to sign.

That's it, I've had enough!

Does anybody have the email address to the JSF?
    Apparently, the Japanese are following skating boards and the western media's criticisms. So I would assume they would know about our rants already.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    Should we expect Mao to have a coaching change after this disaster? I don't think the Japanese Federation would stand for their champion to keep performing like this.
    Tat said she wanted to "make history" with Mao. Perhaps she will, but not for the reasons she imagined.

And shouldn't a coach want her skater to make history, rather than herself?

"Poor Mao"

Custom Title
    Well, the spread between sixth place and first place isn't THAT big (about 7 points), so Mao should technically be able to make it up with no problem. But based on the way Mao's been skating lately.....she really might not make it to the GPF.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    This is now Miki's to win. Just consider that this short is 4 days old. Her long program is probably much better trained.
    Exactly. In her press statement, she implied that she was just going to dive in the deep end with this program, and I applaud her for tackling it so head-on. With less than a point separating her and the top 2 (and given Julia and Alyssa’s tendencies to bomb the FS), I think Miki will be fine.

Custom Title
    yu na kim's team must be giggling underneath their breaths to see all these girls falling apart in front of her

Rinkside
    Mao should stop trying on 3A. She says its her strength but in fact it is her weakness!!!

I know some of you are saying that Mao loves challenge, but to me, it seems like she and her camp are just not smart enough to make a smart decision.

She should keep practicing 3A in practice, but not in the real competition. I'm sure there are other ladies who are practicing 3A in their practice but they don't do it on competitions because they know they're not ready.

I think Mao is a beautiful skater but recently I feel really sad when I see her skating

Well, since Mao is always better at FS, she might be able to medal tomorrow but I don't expect the gold though....

Way to go ladies~

Custom Title
    OMG. Poor Mao. I'm not sure if I want to go to youtube to search for this performance

But she's lucky that she will still skate in the final group, and she can bounce back! She is fully capable of that and groping her way back to the podium. Go Mao! Good luck!

Anyway, can't believe my eyes. Who would have thought it? Congratulations to the three leading ladies Here's hoping everyone performs her best tomorrow.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast