Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP

Banned
    No more excuses for Asada and JSF to have TAT around now.

TAT is killing the popularity of figure skating in Japan. They should replace her immediately.
    Last edited by jaws12345; 10-23-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Mao's focus on the triple axel is just taking so much energy away from what could be awesome programs. She should re-direct all that effort to building a more solid program, with better music, choreography and costume.

On another note, I liked the enthusiasm and energy of the Russian skater. Reminds me of the young Irina Slutskaya.

Loved Wagner's program, such a lyrical skater. I liked the little accents in her program (split jump etc). I hope they can fix the jumps before nationals.

And good for Sebestyen. Confident, clean programs should be rewarded though they may not be the prettiest, refined looking.

Never thought I would spend the time to watch the last flight of ladies. But having watched a YT video of Plushy's SP and those jumps, inspired me to watch the ladies live. Not a big fan of Plushenko but his comeback just generates excitement for the singles in general. I've been more drawn to ice dancing for the last couple seasons.

Mao's PC's were the highest out of all the ladies.

Custom Title
    I'm just literally shaking with anger...about the whole situation....lol I haven't been this mad since I read Jennifer Kirk's article about Sasha Cohen dropping out of TEB.

What's the problem? Too much pressure? coach? 3A after 3A after 3A? choregraphy? music? what? everything????????

It just breaks my heart, it just breaks my heart.

I was worried that Mao's too fragile. Yuna's the opposite. You need an extremely strong mind to become a champion, especially an Olympic Champion:

Katarina Witt
    Krisit Yamaguchi
    Oksana Baiul
    Tara Lipinski
    Sarah Hughes
    Shizuka Arawkawa

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mel66 View Post
    Mao should stop trying on 3A. She says its her strength but in fact it is her weakness!!!

I know some of you are saying that Mao loves challenge, but to me, it seems like she and her camp are just not smart enough to make a smart decision.
    Yes, sometimes the risk is not worth it. I really hope she doesn't try 2 3As in her LP tomorrow....:banging:

Custom Title
    Miki will be fine. There are not many skaters that can crack 110+ FS score. Only Ashley, Alizza and Aleona. For Mao, even if she take out her 3A, she can still climb to the podium. All she need is a silver to get in GPF.

Down With It
    Normally I applaud risk-taking, but in Asada's case I really do think she is better off forgetting about the 3A - at least in the short, and attempting no more than 1 in the FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Mao's PC's were the highest out of all the ladies.
    Yes. They had to be to make up for her very low TES score, which was only 8th best.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Miki will be fine. There are not many skaters that can crack 110+ FS score. Only Ashley, Alizza and Aleona. For Mao, even if she take out her 3A, she can still climb to the podium. All she need is a silver to get in GPF.
    I don't think Wagner nor Czisny will score above 110 in the FS.

It is a nice thought, however.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Normally I appluad risk-taking, but in Asada's case I really do think she is better off forgetting about the 3A - at least in the short, and attempting no more than 1 in the FS.
    Yes I agree, There is a difference bewtween risk taking and suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Normally I applaud risk-taking, but in Asada's case I really do think she is better off forgetting about the 3A - at least in the short, and attempting no more than 1 in the FS.
    That really sounds like the best strategy. That's how she became World Champion.

Can we please see how Mao does tomorrow before writing her - and Tarasova - off?

Also, for everyone worrying about the GPF, considering the minuscule gap between the top ladies, I wouldn't worry too much. All Asada likely needs is a podium finish.

I hope mentally she can shake this bad SP off. In the K&C she looked emotionally drained. Mao needs saving. Excuse me if I sound to dramatic but Mao is so talented and it is painful for this Mao fan to watch.

Custom Title
    poor Mao...I caught the last bit of the ladies SP on a live feed and Mao looked like she was exerting immense self control not to cry, with TAT gabbling on and on in Russian right next to her (Mao doesn't speak Russian, does she?)

Tripping on the Podium
    Is "granny" Julia Sebestyen's nickname in Hungary, or just here at GS?
    She's only 28 years old, and we even had an older skater in the competition (the Uzbek girl).

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast