Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    I totally agree with you. why keeping trying uncontrolled 3A in sp? I know she's trying to beat yuna, but she first needs to think about making the podium. The better sp layout would be 3F-2T, 3Lo, 2A.
    I think Mao can have success with 3flip+3toe combination.

Rinkside
    It's definitely not a great idea to do 3 3As considering her inconsistency.
    And because Mao often get downgraded on her 3-3 combination, it's better
    not to do 3-3 either. I would rather recommend her to do this:

SP
    3Lo-2Lo
    3F
    2A

FS
    3A+2T (or a solo 3A if she fails to put 2T after 3A)
    3Lo-2Lo
    3F-2T-2Lo
    3F (or 3F+2T if she fails to put 2T after 3A)
    3Lo
    3S (or 3T if she feels uncomfortable with her 3S)
    2A

If Mao can skate two clean programs with these layouts,
    she can get a total score close to 190 or even higher considering
    Johannie has got over 190 with her 3-2 and 3-3 sequences...

Custom Title
    PPL here should know that the problem with Mao right now isn't all about her 3A. I think she's losing her toe jumps. Her flip&toe loop look shaky at times and she can't do a lutz. So she is not gonna get good GOE compare to Yuna and Joannie. I think she really needs to improve her toe jumps quality first, before thinking about doing 3A's. Otherwise, it will be tough for her to even make the Olympic podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by axalteke View Post
    OMG!!! at the end of Ladies SP, the Russian woman announcer(I don’t know her name!) surely confirmed that Mao cried awfully going out. And more, Tatiana had not come back to give her a scheduled interview.

See the kiss and cry zone video clip on youtube. It is horrible. TAT keeps speaking to her in Russian (which Mao probably can't even understand) and Mao isn't even looking at TAT as though she is sucking in tears......... Seeing her face at 1:20 made me so sad. I haven't seen her face like this before at KCZ...

arg.... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhAhd-fyCb8

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    It's strange now, how some fans view 3/3s as not a risk considering it's difficult for some ladies to execute a great 3/3. It seems like yesterday that 3/3s were considered to be a risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't think it's so much about practicing. The difference here is that Kim has sounder jumping technique than Asada has...And that sound jumping technique is paying dividends after puberty.
    In my view, some fans are right to view the 3/3 as not enough of a risk for Yuna BECAUSE SHE IS SO SOLID.
    Goodness, she is earning +2 GOEs on them, for crying out loud.

No other current ladies can be expected to land them fully rotated every time, let alone earn bonus points for them.

While 3/3 itself is a risk/challenge for female skaters, taking risks also means stepping out of your own comfort zone, and I think she is demonstrating on the ice that one 3/3 combo, for her, is not exactly that any more.

So if anything, I think it's a compliment to her technical prowess.
    (Whether those people have meant it or not is a whole another discussion, of course.)

Rinkside
    [QUOTE=ilunga1965;419386]
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't think it's so much about practicing. The difference here is that Kim has sounder jumping technique than Asada has...And that sound jumping technique is paying dividends after puberty

I agree. I read an article about Yuna's jumping. She learned it from a few Korean coaches here in Korea, but mainly learned by watching video tapes of other top-level skaters, like Kwan's. There's no special rink for figure skaters or appropriate coaching programs here, so she had to practice it with her mother at night .
    When young Yuna tried to cheat when jumping(like using wrong edges or underrotating), she had to run around the rink so many times as a punishment because her mother was so strict about that.

I think that now it becomes almost a half-automatic physical reaction after long practice before puberty.

Ignore my grammatical mistakes, plz.

I am sorry for the confusion I made, I guess because of my terrible English
    I wanted to mean the efficiency of the practice.
    While Yuna has a full-time coach Brian who is always on the rink with Yuna skating together to teach her every detail , Mao has a part- time coach Tatiana who lives generally in Russia and that can teach Mao only theoretically.
    It is what I thought.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sniper* View Post
    In my view, some fans are right to view the 3/3 as not enough of a risk for Yuna BECAUSE SHE IS SO SOLID.

No other current ladies can be expected to land them fully rotated every time, let alone earn bonus points for them.

While 3/3 itself is a risk/challenge for female skaters, taking risks also means stepping out of your own comfort zone, and I think she is demonstrating on the ice that one 3/3 combo, for her, is not exactly that any more.

(Whether those people have meant it or not is a whole another discussion, of course.)

Sniper, I agree with what you said in most part, but I don't think anyone said it in a positive way when they were saying that yuna was not taking any challenge. The only triple jump that yuna cannot land is 3A, but that is due to her health reasons. As many figure fans know, yuna suffered from some serious back injuries, and she even considered of quitting. For example in 2007 world, she debuted in the senior world with that magnificent tango program and set her first world record, but then in FS, she fell twice!!! Learning a new jump at that point was just too risky for her.

Do we really have to see a talented beautiful skater quit just because she cannot land one type of jump? She has consistently tried her rather weak jump "3Loop," and she has improved greatly in her spiral and spin, so I would say that she has stepped out of her comfort zone. And let's not forget that she changed her 3f-3t to 3lutz-3toe, and its base values are even higher than Mao's 3A combo. Just because she doesn't try doing 3A, I think it's extremely wrong of others to "put her down" by saying that she doesn't challenge herself. Believe me, I've seen videos of yuna crying when she is practicing on ice, and oh boy those fantastic 3-3 didn't just come to her easily! And to be honest, Miki has not landed that quad that she's been talking about for years. Yukari's 3A is always downgraded, never a perfect one.

Now, it is impressive that Mao continues to try doing this... 3A. sigh. But let's face it, it is really affecting her entire program in a miserably negative way. Slipping on ice, two foot landing, UR, falling.... Challenge is good, but enough is enough. What we need is to find someone who can figure out a better jump layout for Mao, and figure out how she can stablize her program. Competing against Yuna isn't even an issue at this point when she is receiving 51 on her sp!!! ARG. Focus on herself, and get the job done. Perhaps one should realize that perfecting one element is more difficult that it seems.
    Last edited by figurejennah; 10-23-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Custom Title
    why Mao had a deduction?

( for horrible costume?)

On the Ice
    [QUOTE=macemace1980;419430]
    Quote Originally Posted by ilunga1965 View Post

I am sorry for the confusion I made, I guess because of my terrible English
    I wanted to mean the efficiency of the practice.
    While Yuna has a full-time coach Brian who is always on the rink with Yuna skating together to teach her every detail , Mao has a part- time coach Tatiana who lives generally in Russia and that can teach Mao only theoretically.
    It is what I thought.

My English is terrible, too.

Brian Orser became Yuna's full-time coach in 2007. What I wrote earlier was about when Yuna learned jumping skills in Korea before that. I heard that she wanted him to be her coach to learn 3A, but he had refused twice before saying yes. However, in an interview with a Korean newspaper, she said she wouldn't try 3A at the moment and she would concentrate on making other jumps more perfect, instead.

I don't think that Tatiana teaches Mao only theoretically. The problem is that she stays in Russia and Mao should go there whenever she needs her coaching....I guess. She really needs a full-time coach who could help her technically and psychologically.
    Last edited by ilunga1965; 10-23-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: grammatical mistakes...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    Whole Post

Originally Posted by *Sniper*

Well I think a 3lutz/3toe is stepping out of her comfort zone. She is practicing the 3loop but its not worth the risk of doing it, until she's consistent with it. She doesn't get enough points.

She's never likely to do a 3loop combo given her issues with the loop. So aside from learning a triple axel or a quad, what more is there. There's nothing actually to increase her points. Doing two 3/3toes won't increase her points. Doing a 3/3/3 won't increase her base value either...

It would have been stupid of her to risk injury learning a quad or a 3axel considering her back issues as is. Maybe if she wins the Olympics, and if she decides to stay in, maybe she'll consider learning a quad or a 3axel for the purpose of challenging herself. But right now, I think a smarter challenge is actually going clean in the long. (for her).

And I don't think it's ever a good idea to put in risk just for the sake of risk. The goal should be to perform elements you can do consistently. Mastering risky elements is an amazing thing, and its always going to be risky to do under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by figurejennah View Post
    OMG why do you drag yuna into this??? I don't understand why some Mao's fans always try to make yuna look so bad!!! I love Mao, but I feel so bad to see these kinds of fans. Are you also one of those people who posted horrible videos on youtube? Mao did well, considering all these stress she has to deal with. We will see how she does tomorrow!!!
    I have followed Brian Orser's career since his memorable performance at the Sarajevo Olympics.

Nothing I have seen in Brian's long skating and now coaching career would point to him behaving as a previous poster had suggested. To the contrary Brian has shown grace, compassion and loads of class throughout his long career.
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-23-2009 at 03:14 PM.

On the Ice

It's good to see Ando Miki did better than the last 2 seasons. She must have had a hard time correcting some problems in her jumping. I hope that her effort will be rewarded.

Custom Title
    ^^^

Um, I think the original poster was probably joking....

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast