Original Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

beep_beep

Medalist
yes..it's a mask..but not from Venice..it's from Naples..I think h was interpreting Pulcinella a famous character from Naples because of the music they used!

Thanks for the clarification. :agree:
I saw that it was a mask but I wasn't sure where from

Tigger

Final Flight
Ever since I heard what Meryl and Charlie's OD selection was, I've been dying to see it. Is it up over at YouTube yet?

herios

Medalist
Ever since I heard what Meryl and Charlie's OD selection was, I've been dying to see it. Is it up over at YouTube yet?

Finally i found it, here you go"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rUdYx061xU

I hate the music, but this is exceptionally well skated, They capture well the character and they incorporate those tricky choreographical details a la Bollywood, with an ease like they have trained this for months. Well done.

dancefan77

Rinkside
I LOVE D/W's OD. Its so different from what the other skaters are using and have used. Love the costumes, choreography, and the music.

Of the programs they have done so far in their short senior career, this is by far my favorite original dance. Meryl Davis really shines in this program and I find her believable in this character dance. In the beginning of their career, my eyes use to watch Charlie more, but Meryl has steadily improved in her presence and presentation over the past 2 seasons and its great to see.

I have not seen all the OD's this year, but so far this is by far my favorite OD and I believe they will have huge success with this Indian Folk Dance. Its such a great program that I predict that other dance teams will want to try this style in future numbers.