Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Program

Artem Borudulin officially has neither Lutz nor Flip. He got called with an "e" on his Flip in the short program, but in the long program had a clear Flutz, also called with an "e".

How about sending him to Mishin for a few weeks to clean that lapse in technique up? It's a bit embarrassing for a Russian top-level skater.

But I am glad he medaled, which is by the way something neither Lutai nor Voronov managed so far. Maybe there is hope for him yet. He has huge potential.

Banned
    I like Kozuka but having seen him live, I have to say that his style of skating will haunt him. He really needs Take Five style music to get audience into the program. Otherwise he always come off too tepid and reserved which in judges' eyes translates in low PCS.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Talk about predictions. I had my 1st two podium finishers right: Zhenya and Takahiko. And I had a bunch of 3 for the 3rd: Weir, Mroz, Amodio, and they all screwed up! Can't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by oxade21 View Post
    Otherwise he always come off too tepid and reserved which in judges' eyes translates in low PCS.
    Could be true. But he's improving in that departement. IIRC, he used to be more reserved.
    Last edited by Hsuhs; 10-24-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Custom Title
    For those who want to watch Plushenko Fs again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYsBoHVSVcI

I really enjoy watching Kozuka's performances. Indeed, his future is bright.

I hope the other men are prepared to bring their A-game to Vancouver because Plushy isn't going to relinquish the OGM that easily. I guess it's a dream come true for Joubert and his quads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Talk about predictions. I had my 1st two podium finishers right: Zhenya and Takahiko. And I had a bunch of 3 for the 3rd: Weir, Mroz, Amodio, and they all screwed up! Can't believe it.
    Same goes for me, I think Borodulin was No.7 or 8 on my list.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Artem Borudulin officially has neither Lutz nor Flip. He got called with an "e" on his Flip in the short program, but in the long program had a clear Flutz, also called with an "e".

How about sending him to Mishin for a few weeks to clean that lapse in technique up? It's a bit embarrassing for a Russian top-level skater.

But I am glad he medaled, which is by the way something neither Lutai nor Voronov managed so far. Maybe there is hope for him yet. He has huge potential.
    Borodulin had serious injury about 2 seasons ago and still skates with that iron thing in his leg (sorry, I just don't know how to say it in english correctly) that's why he has some problems with his jumps and doesn't try to do quad

Custom Title
    Why does it have to be so early here?? I'm reading these post half asleep

After checking the results Im bummed for Tretiakov, his only chance at GPrix and he screwed it so badly

Good for Mroz for a semi comeback and great for Borodulin, not my fave but I still like him.

I'll wait to see Plushy and Taka's programs first to coment about them but Im happy with the result. It's great to have Evgenis back and great to see the JPN kids doing better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestMoon View Post
    For those who want to watch Plushenko Fs again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYsBoHVSVcI

I hope the other men are prepared to bring their A-game to Vancouver because Plushy isn't going to relinquish the OGM that easily. I guess it's a dream come true for Joubert and his quads.
    Thanks for the link. I would say seeing Plushy LP was more interesting than enjoyable. BTW, his jumps are back, but several looked tilted to me. His spins will have to get better and the steps are actually the roughest looking part of the program.
    But I am sure he can polish it up and be stronger by Vancouver. And he is still the perfect CoP style skater. Forget which program you like the most, it is only about racking up points and nobody does it better than Plushy.

Rinkside
    Evgeni is too strong, too good.
    I didn't expect him so much at this competition, but I was totally wrong.

I guess the other skaters who are considered as medalists for the Olympic game such as Evan, Patrick, Daisuke and Brian ecc are like
    " Oh no, Evgeni, why did you come back? You already got a gold medal, didn't you?"

I love it I love it!Now to be the winner, Quad must be needed!
    Programmes with quads are more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Also, the range of marks on transitions is hilarious. 2.5 points difference between the lowest (6.00) and the highest (8.50).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    It's even worse for IN, ranging from 6.50 to two times 9.00 (who are these 2 latter guys? they shouldn't be judging)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    The one that gave 8.50 had to smoke something heavy... Seriously, he/she should be warned about this!
    If anyone is interested, here are the criteria for a judging "anomaly" that triggers a rewiew of the score of an individual judge. (Scroll down to page 6 for a detailed example.)

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/...-0-file,00.pdf

Basically, they allow a deviation from the average of plus or minus 1.5 points for each program component. The average is the trimmed mean (throw out highest and lowest) of the scores of all seven jdges (no random draw, so the average will not in general be the same as the average listed in the right-hand column in the protocols.). The "deviation" is not the statistical standard deviation, but just the difference of the particular judges' score from the average.

However, if I am reading this right, an "anomaly" occurs only for the total program component scores (with pluses and minuses tallied separately.). So the investigation procedure would not be set in motion unless a judge were off by a combined 7.5 points in total PCSs. compared to average.

There is a similar formula for the total GOEs.

I think the procedure is that if a judge accumulates three anomalies then he/she has to go up before a disciplinary committee. Before any punishment is handed out (such as reduction in judging assignments, etc.), the judge has an opportunity to justuify his/her marks, including bringing in video tapes and the like.
    Last edited by Mathman; 10-24-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Custom Title
    Artem Borodulin got wrong edge call (e) for both his Lutz and his Flip, that must be a first timer, I remember Nakano getting that but in different competitions.

He got flip wrong edge call in sp and lutz edge call in LP :chorus:. Fire the technical team.

Can someone provide a link to the protocols. Thank you.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Can someone provide a link to the protocols. Thank you.
    Main result page

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus09/index.htm

Sp- Men
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Lp-Men
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think the procedure is that if a judge accumulates three anomalies then he/she has to go up before a disciplinary committee. Before any punishment is handed out (such as reduction in judging assignments, etc.), the judge has an opportunity to justuify his/her marks, including bringing in video tapes and the like.
    Sure, I recall that notion from ISU rules reg the 'corridor'. But I didn't do the math for mens fs CoR scores. You're probably saying that those 9's and 8.5s, as well as 6s and 6.5s are perfectly within the corridor in this case, and thus, normal.

So next time, when you see they are giving 9s for a piece of monstrosity, better do the math and see it's perfectly normal and justified. OK!

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast