Men Free Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men Free Program

taylorfax

On the Ice
....and Plush squishes the competition like a bug. :bow:
Not like the competition was on top of their game here exactly.

I want to see Johnny's program. Despite the jumping problems. (He's for sure having issues with nerves, though.)
His FS costume is a thing of adorable beauty. Love the angelwing. :love:

Diva

On the Ice
The score of Plushenko is of course beatable but the problem is when he improves his PCS, the other skaters need to be without any mistakes and considering there isn't an overall consistent skater out there... And now when Plushenko is putting even more pressure on them :think:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
how excited he looked after he finished! i loved his "sassy" program... the arms were great, much better than for the short. i think 157 was about 10 points too low....lol. but, he did put the majority of his jumps in the first half... so if his team spreads it out a bit, that would boost his points some... and he could do another combo i think? what level did he get for his footwork?

overall, wonderful outing with a bang.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
There are a lot of delusional people in figure skating. Just today I read that Kevin Reynolds is trying to channel his inner artist! Compared to that bit of wackiness, for Plushy to think his LP is beautiful is quite reasonable. :biggrin:

True, true ;) :cool:

About Zhenya:

Hey, yeah, he wasn't crazy overscored today! It a good thing to know the panel isn't insane.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Protocols are up!

The base value for Plushenko's LP wasn't unusually high. Lots of frontloading in that program - only two jumps get the second half bonus. And finally, how he gets level 4 spins is beyond me.

ETA
: Mroz had the highest base value in the LP, but the execution wasn't as good.

Last edited:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
ITA, I see so much room for him to up the level. My god, he stamps those jumps like pancakes.

oh yea, lots of room.... he could up it a lot more. i'm gonna post his wonderful performance on facebook for other fans to appreciate!

he didn't even look like he was breathing that hard afterwards....

gracefulswan

On the Ice
Protocols are up!

The base value for Plushenko's LP wasn't unusually high. Lots of frontloading in that program - only two jumps get the second half bonus. And finally, how he gets level 4 spins is beyond me.

that's what i thought. he needs to spread it out more. his program looks very good still. but i'm sure mishin will analyze it to death and do more tweaking.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocols are up!

Stupid question. In protocols, 3S = triple salchow, right? If so, why didn't that get the second half bonus?

Also, the range of marks on transitions is hilarious. 2.5 points difference between the lowest (6.00) and the highest (8.50).

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Also, the range of marks on transitions is hilarious. 2.5 points difference between the lowest (6.00) and the highest (8.50).

It's even worse for IN, ranging from 6.50 to two times 9.00 (who are these 2 latter guys? they shouldn't be judging)

oxade21

Match Penalty
But he does still get penalized for lack of transitions. The average score reflects it. It should be something around 6.0-6.5, it is little higher but in this case it does not really matter.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oda's score was higher. His program is better too.

Yes Oda's program was scored higher. I am sure Plushenko fans think Plushenko's program was better than Oda's. Being a fan of both skaters I enjoyed both programs immensely.