Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Program

Banned
    But he does still get penalized for lack of transitions. The average score reflects it. It should be something around 6.0-6.5, it is little higher but in this case it does not really matter.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    It's even worse for IN, ranging from 6.50 to two times 9.00 (who are these 2 latter guys? they shouldn't be judging)

imho, the judge(s) who scored him a 6.50 shouldn't be judging.... talk about blind...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Oda's score was higher. His program is better too.
    Higher without Plushenko competing. And I am not talking about whose program is better.

Yes Oda's program was scored higher. I am sure Plushenko fans think Plushenko's program was better than Oda's. Being a fan of both skaters I enjoyed both programs immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by gracefulswan View Post
    imho, the judge(s) who scored him a 6.50 shouldn't be judging.... talk about blind...
    Good one.

Custom Title
    not to mention the fact that oda has had years of feedback from the judges... this is evgeni's first long program performance in a major international competition in FOUR years. so yes, i'd be surprised if he had been scored in the 160s range on his first outing... i mean, damn, you gotta leave room for him to improve.

Custom Title
    Oda's score was higher agreed but the judges at france where giving +goe like santa. surely oda base score of 73 scoring 86 won't happen if the competition was held here.

here, judges where very reluctant in giving +goe for the jumps, especially for plushy.
    Last edited by life684; 10-24-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Banned
    Looking at the Oda's score, he got bonus points for spreading his jumps to second half. Something Plushenko must think about. Either change the layout or include another quad combo.

Plushenko didn't even max out the jumps, only two combos, no three jump combo, just one Quad/Triple repeated. He can give us more. I suppose he wants to repeat the Quad Toe later in the season.

And good question, where is the bonus for the Triple Salchow, it's the last element in the entire program for heaven's sake!

Mroz - jeez, the highest positive GOE he got is 0,20. MiniJoubert, that's the judges telling you, work on the execution! Even the jumps only get the base value.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-24-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    And good question, where is the bonus for the Triple Salchow, it's the last element in the entire program for heaven's sake!
    I hope they'll discover and correct that mistake asap. I though the computer automatically added bonuses. Looks like I thought wrong.

Custom Title
    All around I was underwhelmed by today's splatfest!

Plushenko sure can rattle off the jumps like nothing, but the rest of the program left me unimpressed. How he got level 4s on those spins defies imagination - so slow and poor positions on the sits. His footwork, too, again imo, left something to be desired. Nor did I appreciate the unmitigated arrogance of not really even striking an ending pose. The arrogance is what turned me off to his skating the first time around - never was I happier than when Yagudin took the OGM! I can't see the skating through the attitude.

MUCH prefer Kozuka's style - see a really bright future. He may have been intimidated by Plushenko. He - and the other Olympic contenders - need to keep EP out of their heads and stay in their own.

Much better outing today for Brandon! I agree with the poster who said it's not the start that counts so much as the ending. Good for him.

Weir - has work to do. He seldom really skates the program - leaving out and/or doubling jumps. Where has his heart gone? Didn't seem to be in his skating today. Sorry to see him looking so downcast in the KnC.

Good for Borodulin! Really enjoyed his skating - and so did he. That's an ingredient that seems to be missing from so many skaters in this Olympic season. Seem so many are letting it get to them and trying too hard.

The ones who are strongest mentally are going to have one up on the others just in that area alone.

Lighten up skaters. It's early yet - you have time. Take what you learn from this one into the next. Have fun and let the rest take care of itself.
    Last edited by merrybari; 10-24-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Custom Title
    i'm very glad, at least, that he's going to have a fight on his hands for the gold. winning 2 olympic golds shouldn't be a cake walk, esp. if the rules have changed a lot since. to win gold, i think, he'll have to prove it with the best performance of his life....in both the short and long. but, at least he has a very good chance. and that's all that's important anyway because many people were wondering if he could even be competitive for a medal, let alone gold. well, he answered that question tonight.

Custom Title
    Plushenko was good today But it wasn't his best. He told that he is not in a good shape yet and if he does something like this when he is not in a good shape... just wow! We will see his best in Vancouver where he is going to do 4-3 (or maybe 4-3-2, he tried to do even 4-3-3 in the local competition in september) and another single quad in the FS and maybe he will try 3A-3, he will work on his spins, steps, etc. and it will be very difficult for others to beat him (if not impossible)

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    MUCH prefer Kozuka's style - see a really bright future. He may have been intimidated by Plushenko.
    I thought Kozuka dealt impressively well with the pressure! The guy starts to look like a real fighter

Custom Title
    I genuinely thought it meant something else at first because there was no bonus, or that the triple salchow doesn't get a bonus for some reason. But Kozuka did get a bonus on it.

Mroz - jeez, the highest positive GOE he got is 0,20. MiniJoubert, that's the judges telling you, work on the execution! Even the jumps only get the base value.
    Yeah, Mroz - quit screwing up Medusa's predictions (and my own, I might add).

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast