Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Program

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Yes Oda's program was scored higher. I am sure Plushenko fans think Plushenko's program was better than Oda's. Being a fan of both skaters I enjoyed both programs immensely.
    i think odas program is far betterBut Plushy sold his Lp totally, he got people into it...
    Arrogance??Yes, Olympic sized one!Hm not first time I see it...joubert did it last year after his sp... Actually people laughed with No1 because he seemed so happy as a child, you couldnt but laugh..it is his first competition, the man came back and almost nobody believed he would be competitive, I would say let him enjoy his moment, and what a moment, he blew the arena before program was over.
    Something i did see only in Oda in Teb..skating with no fear and enjoyment. The program is beatable of course but you never know...
    The good thing with plush is that he has not such thing like picking early and blowing it after, and stuff like that...his programsare yet to develop(i hope) but god, his energy was something else...

From Johnny's twitter:

"Very embarrassed about today. Don't know what happened. I apologize to all my fans for the way I performed. Next one will be better."

I just want to give him a hug

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    johnny was in audience near me watching women fs, but he left in the middle when people discovered him, apart from plushy who was in home ice so it doesnt count, he is the most popular in all four disciplines, lol!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    From Johnny's twitter:

"Very embarrassed about today. Don't know what happened. I apologize to all my fans for the way I performed. Next one will be better."

I just want to give him a hug
    Yesh. Group hug.

God *facedesk* That boy. Sweet as hell and yet so frustrating.
    He has nothing to apologize to other people for.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorfax View Post
    Yesh. Group hug.

God *facedesk* That boy. Sweet as hell and yet so frustrating.
    He has nothing to apologize to other people for.
    He is really hard on himself. But yes, no apology necessary. And we all know how it is to work hard for something, and then just everything goes awry... Well, at least I know how that is.

Maybe it's not a bad thing that the GPF is basically out of question for him. He seems quite fragile and some more off-time before Nationals can be a good thing.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Maybe it's not a bad thing that the GPF is basically out of question for him. He seems quite fragile and some more off-time before Nationals can be a good thing.
    Uh-uh. Not a good idea. Not this season. USFS Olys skaters selection procedure will be based on the results from the following events:

1. 2010 U.S. Figure Skating Championships
    2. 2009/10 ISU Senior Grand Prix Final
    3. 2009 World Figure Skating Championships
    4. 2009 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
    5. 2009 World Junior Figure Skating Championships
    6. 2009/10 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final

The original document:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/conte...ures%20web.pdf

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Uh-uh. Not a good idea. Not this season. USFS Olys skaters selection procedure will be based on the results from the following events:

1. 2010 U.S. Figure Skating Championships
    2. 2009/10 ISU Senior Grand Prix Final
    3. 2009 World Figure Skating Championships
    4. 2009 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
    5. 2009 World Junior Figure Skating Championships
    6. 2009/10 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final

The original document:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/conte...ures%20web.pdf
    Please, we all know they'll go by nationals. Their selection criteria last season had all these competitions listed too, and we all know how much all that counted.

Silver medalist Mroz wasn't exactly stellar either. There's still a long time until nationals. So it's not over until the fat lady sings.

Weir needs to regroup by NHK, and everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Please, we all know they'll go by nationals.
    They will? Oh.

Custom Title
    Wow! That's a wake up call to the people who have had doubt for Plushenko's coming back. He is back, as strong as before, only better. He will be on the Olympics podium. Whether the medal is gold or not is still remaining to be seen. The LP is better, not the best, but better. It's only the early season. He will improve. I am happy for him!

I haven't seen others' programs yet. From what I have read, I think what I wrote in the men's SP thread generally applied to here too.

I think Oda needs a quad in LP to challenge Plushenko at the Olympics, but he IS a threat. Chan needs to be up a notch on technics too. That's the exciting part of Plushenko's come back. Everyone has to bring his A game.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 10-24-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    They will? Oh.
    I think it depends on who finishes off nationals podium; If both Evan and Johnny from some freack slip finish off the podium;They will definitly go beyond nationals results.

Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    If both Evan and Johnny from some freack slip finish off the podium;They will definitly go beyond nationals results.
    I think you're right. They will do that for sure.

I think Evan's pretty much guaranteed a spot no matter where he places at nationals. he's the freaking World Champ... barring injury he'll be in Vancouver

plushy was thrusting long before joubert

Johnny has a tough tough field at NHK. If he skated very good there, that would certainly be a statement, even if he didn't win and therefore didn't qualify for the GPF. E.g. if he beats Borodulin (I freaking love that family name, it's even better than Shabalin), Rippon, Kozuka, Abbott and Joubert (though that's not much of an accomplishment these days) and snatches the silver behind Takahashi - that would be a fantastic and send a positive message to the US-figure-skating-thingies.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Johnny has a tough tough field at NHK. If he skated very good there, that would certainly be a statement, even if he didn't win and therefore didn't qualify for the GPF. E.g. if he beats Borodulin (I freaking love that family name, it's even better than Shabalin), Rippon, Kozuka, Abbott and Joubert (though that's not much of an accomplishment these days) and snatches the silver behind Takahashi - that would be a fantastic and send a positive message to the US-figure-skating-thingies.
    Actually, beating Rippon and Abbott would be enough for a USFSA message. He already beat Mroz.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast