Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Program

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    A 9 in interpretation? Interpretation?!
    you know how hard it is to interpretate a tango music that is not actually tango with a choreography that is not actually a choreography?when i saw this #1 thing along with pelvic thrust and touching i laughed cause he managed to do ALL things in one program that piss off Ant!

And if Patrick Chan did the same, it would be "What a jerk!".
    i think only few including plush could do this and get away..i also suspect he wouldn do it if grand prix was not in russia
    program as I said is not good...but Plush looked good.Evgeni is press conference said this will not be his olympic program, i dont know if he meant his *choreo* or music changing..he said he made fun today at his skating..and he looked anything but arrogant....how he switches on /off I will never know..in warm up he was so severe and tight, especially in sp he looked too nervous..and then he went out to Lp and did what he did!

i will never understand why people attack on skaters regarding judging..Plush did what he does, flailed his arms, jumped his jumps and he didnt have a final position..now it was in judges hand to punish him or something,,,he has been judged by one gazillion different combination of judging panels in his competition life, they all decide to give him high presentation marks, either he has a permanent contract with mafia for last 10 years or he has something
    i totally enjoyed him, he looked so happy he came back, my only regret, i was so close to the ice, i could have given him a haircut by accident

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    i think only few including plush could do this and get away
    Frankly, he didn't get away with it imo. He looked like a complete prat...especially when he gyrated.

i totally enjoyed him, he looked so happy he came back, my only regret, i was so close to the ice, i could have given him a haircut by accident
    You should have! He could use a style update!

Medalist
    I think the number one thing was just emotion after the pressure of the event had fallen off. He just seemed relieved that he had delivered IMO. But I do kind of like him, so that makes me biased in his favour, I guess. Good to hear that he might change something in his LP, because that thing was, uh, not good...It really tells you a lot about the performer and athlete Plushenko that he looked as good with it as he did.

And, yeah, I don't think there's a judging conspiracy in his favour, just as I don't think there's a judging conspiracy in the favour of Yu-Na Kim. What is happening IMO is that two very strong skaters, proven champions, go out there with supreme self-confidence, own the ice and deliver. The judges must be impressed with that, heck, I'm impressed with that. And as seniorita said, it happens with every panel, no matter the judges, nationalities etc. on it.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    Frankly, he didn't get away with it imo. He looked like a complete prat...especially when he gyrated.
    i think he earned the right to be a total jerk yesterday, he has listened to a load of crap for the last year before his comeback from fans and media especially russian ones and never replied. Modesty years are over ,lol!
    Audience found it funny ..I wish he didnt do it but i laughed at the end...but then again i m totaly biased now evgeni off ice comes really calm and shy (this is universal observation, not just me) that I was surprised mostly how he changes on ice, like he has a mortal combat mode switcher..
    I watched news today in an english channel in russia and they have a title The King is Back..I laughed so much, they stole my line?

It's very tricky. We are trying to apply statistical methods to qualitites rather than to quantities. The question is -- what exactly do we want to measure?

In studies like the ones you describe, yes, we can measure the degree of agreement among the judges. And when we finish our analysis, that is what we have learned. That this panel of judges was in more substantial agreement than was that panel of judges. Or that there was substantial agreement among judges that Kozuka's skating skills were superior to Van der Perren's, but that there was less agreement on the question of whether Weir's transitions were better than Mroz's.
    Oh, there's a lot more to it than what I wrote. But it was so OT, I figured I'd spare the rest of you...

Custom Title
    I rolled my eyes when Plushenko did that, but I think he can get away with it--unlike Patrick Chan--because Plushenko has literally been number one, with his Olympic title, multiple world titles, GPF titles, Euros titles, etc, etc. Chan? No matter how good you think his skating is, he's not quite there yet.....

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post

Custom Title
    Does Borodulin Flutz or Lip?

because Borodulin is called for both lip and for flutz in the same competition, i was wondering whether he actual has a technical issue. Can someone explain that.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    A 9 in interpretation? Interpretation?!
    On second thought, maybe it should have been 10.

http://img.beta.rian.ru/images/19040/63/190406352.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    On second thought, maybe it should have been 10.

http://img.beta.rian.ru/images/19040/63/190406352.jpg
    Is he trying to make himself throw up?

ETA: all sorts of goodies on daylife. This is hilarious.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 10-25-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Does Borodulin Flutz or Lip?
    because Borodulin is called for both lip and for flutz in the same competition, i was wondering whether he actual has a technical issue. Can someone explain that.
    Haven't watched, yet, but I've always said a skater that does both should just change the names, call it a flip with a change of edge entry and a rocker/mohawk into a lutz - problem solved! Maybe even some extra goe for novel entries!

Well anyway, Evgeny interpreted the heck out of that 4T-3T and 3A. He's THE MAN!

Custom Title
    I thought it was in line with his whole program...tacky. I liked the jumps but the skating around like a hockey player before them, not so much.
    As much as I enjoy Chan, I do think that the reigning OGM and multiple world champion has more of a claim to that title than Chan.

Oh my - that picture!! Just disgusting :sheesh:

I hope he is smart enough to not pull that "I'm number one" crap in Vancouver. He will be booed off the ice!

Custom Title
    One has to know on when he could do that. If Chan has had what Plushenko has, he can absolutely get away with it.

I think it's natural for Plushenko to feel a bit arrogant because it's not only to make a statement to the public, it is an achievement to himself too. He was so happy that he could prove to himself that he could do it. I don't feel that it's overly done in that field where he has almost no competition.

As of pelvic thrust, I was astonished to see that, especially Joubert has done it last year and is continuing to do it this year. Joubert doesn't have to change but Plushenko must change, or it will make people laugh at every competition. Especially if both of them get Olympics gold and silver medals respectively.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast