Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Men Free Program

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    I believe no other male skater has done something like that so far. Which means Zhenya is rather innovative and is moving this sport in a new direction. More kudos to him!
    I shudder to think what other innovations are in store for us

Where's that image 'dressed in white socks only' of Brian's, when you need it.
    Google Brian Joubert, and go to images. It's one of the first ones you'll get. I always thought it looked badly photoshopped but I guess not...

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I didn't see this. Can't defend him on this one. Who took this ugly picture which has ruined my otherwise warm fuzzy and up beating weekend?! I hope Plushenko's people read this site and change it.

I have just finished watching the NBC broadcast about this competition, and wanted to post my feeling with the excitement of Plushenko's strong performance. Now I don't feel like it any more. Hsuhs and B, you are responsible for this.
    Can't have Plushenko fans feeling too happy... . Here, do you want a full-body picture of the same pose? You know, it sort of reminds me of his expression during the deeply disturbing Baby Sex Bomb.

I like Kozuka very much. He has such expressive hands and gestures. But his skating seems a little lack of speed which has taken the excitement off of his skating a lot.
    I don't know about lack of speed, but I do feel he's too introverted on the ice. I realize that's his style, he's not flashy, and I wouldn't want to Plushify him - but he will have to work on this or he will never get the marks his skating deserves.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

I don't know about lack of speed, but I do feel he's too introverted on the ice. I realize that's his style, he's not flashy, and I wouldn't want to Plushify him - but he will have to work on this or he will never get the marks his skating deserves.
    Plushify him..
    Oh pls, would ppl stop posting links to that god awful pose of Plushy.. Every time I jump off my chair (and yet i can stop looking at it, its so terrible and addictive) :chorus:
    But he's the only one who can pull off the number 1 kind of stuff and never become annoying to me (except that pose, can't get the image out of my mind..)
    Btw, is that pic of Brian supposed to be sexy or smth? I didnt get sarcasm there, if there was any.. Cos the sock pic is really on par with that horrible finger lick pic of Plush, they are both almighty awful..

Custom Title
    Whatever the merits of Plushenko and Joubert's respective hip thrusts -- and there's no doubt Joubert presents a far more handsome visage -- it should be remembered that Plushenko is accompanied to competitions by his wife, while Joubert (at age 25) goes everywhere with his mother.
    Last edited by nylynnr; 10-26-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Whatever the merits of Plushenko and Joubert's respective hip thrusts -- and there's no doubt Joubert presents a far more handsome visage -- it should be remembered that Plushenko is accompanied to competitions by his wife, while Joubert (at age 25) goes everywhere with his mother.
    The merit of this post is not obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Not so sure about it either - could be open to several interpretations

On the topic of pelvic thrusts and such things, does anybody remember the little "booty shake" Jill Trenary used to end a program with?

Does anybody even remember Jill Trenary
    I don't recall ever seeing her name mentioned at GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Not so sure about it either - could be open to several interpretations
    Yes, add me to the confused group. Should either of them change their programs because of the presence of Raymonde Joubert/Yana whatever her name is? Since neither women seems to mind, I don't see what this is getting at. I wish they'd both drop the pelvic thrusts because it adds nothing to their skating, but if the implication is that skaters can't perform sexy programs if their parents/significant others are present, that will make skating awfully dull.

Also, if Joubert thinks his mother is an asset to his skating career, that's his business, whatever his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Yes, add me to the confused group. Should either of them change their programs because of the presence of Raymonde Joubert/Yana whatever her name is? Since neither women seems to mind, I don't see what this is getting at. I wish they'd both drop the pelvic thrusts because it adds nothing to their skating, but if the implication is that skaters can't perform sexy programs if their parents/significant others are present, that will make skating awfully dull.

Also, if Joubert thinks his mother is an asset to his skating career, that's his business, whatever his age.
    Since you know how to do multiple quotes (and I don't) I will agree with you. But I think nylynnr still might have been implying something else.

Since you know how to do multiple quotes (and I don't) I will agree with you. But I think nylynnr still might have been implying something else.
    Multiquote - use the button that looks like quote marks at the bottom of each post (it's the middle one), mark as many as you like (they'll turn red) then press quote. There you go - you can multiquote!

Re nylynnr's post, the emphasis on Joubert's age allows me to make an educated guess as to what was meant. I still don't see the point.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    On the topic of pelvic thrusts and such things, does anybody remember the little "booty shake" Jill Trenary used to end a program with? Does anybody even remember Jill Trenary
    I don't recall ever seeing her name mentioned at GS.
    Of course. She's memorable for having married Christopher Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Of course. She's memorable for having married Christopher Dean.

I recall her beating a few pretty good skaters on her way to winning Worlds too.

Thought by now mm would have linked to Jill's cute "booty shake" which I found highly preferable to Jouby & Plushy's pelvic thrusts.
    Of course we are all entitled to our own preferences.

Thought by now mm would have linked to Jill's cute "booty shake" which I found highly preferable to Jouby & Plushy's pelvic thrusts.

Of course we are all entitled to our own preferences.
    Kris-ti, Kris-ti, Yama-guchi!
    She's got sass and she's got hoochie!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Kris-ti, Kris-ti, Yama-guchi!
    She's got sass and she's got hoochie!

Yamaguci, such a cutsie!
    But Trenery too had plenery

She beat Midori and that's the story,
    and such a thrill you gave us Jill

Dead Poet's Society this is not

Moving Forward
    -- it should be remembered that Plushenko is accompanied to competitions by his wife, while Joubert (at age 25) goes everywhere with his mother.
    Yes, the wife who looks old enough to be his mother.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Well, I giggled.

Quote Originally Posted by NansXOXOX View Post
    Yes, the wife who looks old enough to be his mother.
    http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/1027.jpg
    She's rather pretty to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Is true that Mishin said at the press conference that the current judging system is not really good because it can't give justice to Plushy's artistry?
    Well, the scale for PCSs only goes up to 10...

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast