Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Hands-free lifts are new black!

Happy birthday, Charlie!

Edgy Details
    Great FD! Quite similar to last year FD, yet I still loved it!
    In general it was very nice Ice Dance competition in Moscow!! I enjoyed most of the FDs

After Samson & Delilah, this program is a setback for them IMO.
    The circular step seq looks kinda the same...
    Neverthless, was a good skate and it will get improved as the season goes.

Custom Title
    Not winning a medal at Worlds last year certainly lit a fire for these two, didn't it? i may find the music banal, I may not care for the construction of the program (but it's growing on me) but sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln are they skating lights out. Blazingly fast twizzles, awesome hands free lift, cool rotational lift. The slow section wasn't as impressive as the rest, but the rest was really awesome. I doubt they'll get a deduction for an extended lift (don't think they had one, as Charlie held it well I thought)

Happy birthday Charlie, indeed (the KnC). 101.02!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    And we will have more... Dom/Sh are going to skate to it too.
    This will surely hurt the russians, especially considering these two teams are potentially top 10 finishers. Last time they used same music as a top 10 team, same music as davis and white at 2007 worlds (Prince Igor Polovtsian Dances by Borodin) ended up costing them a medal.

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    I have to admit I have a special narrow place for Meryl and Charlie in my heart..
    That was exquisite toutine that touched my heart.
    O has to admire their speed and difficulty of technical ellements!

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Not winning a medal at Worlds last year certainly lit a fire for these two, didn't it? i may find the music banal, I may not care for the construction of the program (but it's growing on me) but sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln are they skating lights out. Blazingly fast twizzles, awesome hands free lift, cool rotational lift. The slow section wasn't as impressive as the rest, but the rest was really awesome. I doubt they'll get a deduction for an extended lift (don't think they had one, as Charlie held it well I thought)

Happy birthday Charlie, indeed (the KnC). 101.02!!!!!!

wow, that was amazing! I'm so stinkin' happy for them. That was a PB in both the FD and overall. congrats!

Custom Title
    That score will beat Virtue and Moir, i don't know whether that would happen if they go head to head.

Congrats to Charlie and Meryl. Their PC's are all in the high 8's range,well deserved I might add. Also Congrats to C/L and R/S. Great skating.

Charlie and Meryl are looking for Gold in Vancouver, if they keep skating like this they may get it.

Custom Title
    1 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA201.10 1 1 1
    2 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 168.57 2 2 2
    3 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER RUS 163.32 3 3 3
    4 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER CAN 157.00 4 4 4
    5 Anastasia PLATONOVA / Alexander GRACHEV RUS 153.22 7 5 5
    6 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO RUS 147.92 8 6 6
    7 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE 146.95 6 7 7
    8 Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS LTU 146.76 5 8 8
    9 Carolina HERMANN / Daniel HERMANN GER 134.69 9 9 9

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    This will surely hurt the russians, especially considering these two teams are potentially top 10 finishers. Last time they used same music as a top 10 team, same music as davis and white at 2007 worlds (Prince Igor Polovtsian Dances by Borodin) ended up costing them a medal.

For sure. Pechalat and Bourzat looked good very early in the season and they were 5th last year at worlds. if there will be 2 teams with the same music at the end (never mind 3), is not going to bode well with those who will be last skating...

Custom Title
    That score will beat Virtue and Moir, i don't know whether that would happen if they go head to head.

Not if V/M correct the lifts they got deducted for.

That's a strange take on it. In 2007, D/W were 7th to DomShab's 5th, finishing behind them in every stage of the competition. Two teams from the previous Olympic cycle took the top two spots on the podium that year, with the already established B/A taking the last medal. It's not like DomShabs had the same status they do now.

Whatever happens this year, I'm pretty certain the use of RfaD is not something that will hurt the Russians. Though it's fast becoming the sort of boring choice that should incur a music deduction. I can't believe P/B of all people have stopped to this. It's almost as bad as using POTO.

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    For sure. Pechalat and Bourzat looked good very early in the season and they were 5th last year at worlds. if there will be 2 teams with the same music at the end (never mind 3), is not going to bode well with those who will be last skating...
    P/B looked awful at the start of last season, barely makingt he podium at SC - finishing behind C/P, which was really bad for them. They did not make the GPF and at Europeans, they finished behind three teams they later beat at Worlds. It took them nearly all year to get taken seriously despite having a great FD (coming into LA as the no. 1 French team helped).

From what I gather, the concept of their program is totally different than C/L and DomShabs, not to mention both the Russians and the French have mixed in other music cuts.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 10-24-2009 at 11:12 AM.

At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    Happy Birthday, Charlie! Wow, what a score. Loved that PCS! They really brought it. So happy for them!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast