Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

Kinga

Medalist
Great FD! Quite similar to last year FD, yet I still loved it!
In general it was very nice Ice Dance competition in Moscow!! I enjoyed most of the FDs

beep_beep

Medalist
After Samson & Delilah, this program is a setback for them IMO.
The circular step seq looks kinda the same...
Neverthless, was a good skate and it will get improved as the season goes.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Not winning a medal at Worlds last year certainly lit a fire for these two, didn't it? i may find the music banal, I may not care for the construction of the program (but it's growing on me) but sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln are they skating lights out. Blazingly fast twizzles, awesome hands free lift, cool rotational lift. The slow section wasn't as impressive as the rest, but the rest was really awesome. I doubt they'll get a deduction for an extended lift (don't think they had one, as Charlie held it well I thought)

Happy birthday Charlie, indeed (the KnC). 101.02!!!!!!

life684

Final Flight
And we will have more... Dom/Sh are going to skate to it too.

This will surely hurt the russians, especially considering these two teams are potentially top 10 finishers. Last time they used same music as a top 10 team, same music as davis and white at 2007 worlds (Prince Igor Polovtsian Dances by Borodin) ended up costing them a medal.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
I have to admit I have a special narrow place for Meryl and Charlie in my heart..:love:
That was exquisite toutine that touched my heart.
O has to admire their speed and difficulty of technical ellements!

Kinga

Medalist
Not winning a medal at Worlds last year certainly lit a fire for these two, didn't it? i may find the music banal, I may not care for the construction of the program (but it's growing on me) but sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln are they skating lights out. Blazingly fast twizzles, awesome hands free lift, cool rotational lift. The slow section wasn't as impressive as the rest, but the rest was really awesome. I doubt they'll get a deduction for an extended lift (don't think they had one, as Charlie held it well I thought)

Happy birthday Charlie, indeed (the KnC). 101.02!!!!!!

:rock:

luvsasha

Final Flight
wow, that was amazing! I'm so stinkin' happy for them. That was a PB in both the FD and overall. congrats! :love:

life684

Final Flight
That score will beat Virtue and Moir, i don't know whether that would happen if they go head to head.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Charlie and Meryl. Their PC's are all in the high 8's range,well deserved I might add. Also Congrats to C/L and R/S. Great skating.

Charlie and Meryl are looking for Gold in Vancouver, if they keep skating like this they may get it.

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA201.10 1 1 1 :clap:
2 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 168.57 2 2 2
3 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER RUS 163.32 3 3 3
4 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER CAN 157.00 4 4 4
5 Anastasia PLATONOVA / Alexander GRACHEV RUS 153.22 7 5 5
6 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO RUS 147.92 8 6 6
7 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE 146.95 6 7 7
8 Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS LTU 146.76 5 8 8
9 Carolina HERMANN / Daniel HERMANN GER 134.69 9 9 9

herios

Medalist
This will surely hurt the russians, especially considering these two teams are potentially top 10 finishers. Last time they used same music as a top 10 team, same music as davis and white at 2007 worlds (Prince Igor Polovtsian Dances by Borodin) ended up costing them a medal.

For sure. Pechalat and Bourzat looked good very early in the season and they were 5th last year at worlds. if there will be 2 teams with the same music at the end (never mind 3), is not going to bode well with those who will be last skating...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
That's a strange take on it. In 2007, D/W were 7th to DomShab's 5th, finishing behind them in every stage of the competition. Two teams from the previous Olympic cycle took the top two spots on the podium that year, with the already established B/A taking the last medal. It's not like DomShabs had the same status they do now.

Whatever happens this year, I'm pretty certain the use of RfaD is not something that will hurt the Russians. Though it's fast becoming the sort of boring choice that should incur a music deduction. I can't believe P/B of all people have stopped to this. It's almost as bad as using POTO.

For sure. Pechalat and Bourzat looked good very early in the season and they were 5th last year at worlds. if there will be 2 teams with the same music at the end (never mind 3), is not going to bode well with those who will be last skating...
P/B looked awful at the start of last season, barely makingt he podium at SC - finishing behind C/P, which was really bad for them. They did not make the GPF and at Europeans, they finished behind three teams they later beat at Worlds. It took them nearly all year to get taken seriously despite having a great FD (coming into LA as the no. 1 French team helped).

From what I gather, the concept of their program is totally different than C/L and DomShabs, not to mention both the Russians and the French have mixed in other music cuts.

Last edited:

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Happy Birthday, Charlie! Wow, what a score. Loved that PCS! They really brought it. So happy for them!

fanofskate

Rinkside
What a way to celebrate a birthday! 22!

Awesome speed. I still would like to see more changes though. I really love this team and I am starting to like this program. More tweaking please, Meryl and Charlie... Marina....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Not if V/M correct the lifts they got deducted for.

I dunno - V/M got 97.39 - D/W got 101.02. Even with the deductions added back, D/W would still be ahead. Now, I think that V/M will end up ahead as I think D/W's PCS will take a drop head-to-head, and V/M had trouble with both their lifts that cost GOEs (whereas D/W had no problems in that regard, or certainly less). I'd like to see the protocols to see how many level fours they got. If they've maxed out already, than maybe.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Wait I'm very confused. According to the ISU bio P/B are skating to:
Kika by Ezekiel
Time by Maxime Rodriguez
Are they or are they not skating to RofD (Which seems to be the new Carmen)

I disliked the music cuts of POTO but what a skate! Crazy lifts and speed! Well done Meryl and Charlie! :rock:

I wouldn't compare V/M with D/W because scores can vary across competitions. We'll have to wait for GPF.

katha

On the Ice

At the moment it's not even clear if Maxim will make it to Vancouver. :no: I'd say worrying about music is the least of their concerns...Aren't they mixing it up with other music? Perhaps it will have a different structure...What hurt them in 2007 IMO was not so much that they had the same music as D/W but that they had basically the same concept, similar costumes etc. And Dostatni was TS and they didn't have Linichuk in their corner yet to counter-politik. :p