Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

fanofskate

Rinkside
I liked the Czech team's music. Couldn't quite make out what type of music it is, I thought some sort of metal rock. Thank you for pointing out that it's the blues. I think the choreography fit the music well.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry, I found this couple boring so I zoned out after a while & just came back. No offense to them. I am rather tired. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Eh, it wasn't very good. Don't know why they got the deduction though (shows how much I was paying attention, but they looked surprise and left the KnC rather quickly).

fanofskate

Rinkside
Lithuanians dropped after the OD then now even more. That -1 hurts even more. West Side Story just evokes very distinct feelings/pictures because it is a very well known piece. I think they just didn't bring on the characters I expected to see especially in the non-Maria parts. Just not snappy enough or not enough attitude. Maybe it is the choreography or just the way they delivered it. Maybe both.

herios

Medalist
Eh, it wasn't very good. Don't know why they got the deduction though (shows how much I was paying attention, but they looked surprise and left the KnC rather quickly).

Poor skating and they should not pick "West side story"overused and too many better versions to make an impact with it

fanofskate

Rinkside
QUOTE=herios;420043]It is called "Blues for Klook" and if you want to make a comparison, here is Weaver & Poje version of it (our 3rd canadian team)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe7J_ofdBxw

I i[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this. Will have to watch that later. So many instances of skaters using modern music but couldn't quite make justice to it in the choreography. If they choose non-traditional, it should have enough variation in it so they can create a dynamic program.

Last edited:

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
I thought last year LTU pair was lovely. And the fact that it's Shpilband/Zueva who are coaching them should make them better. But maybe I was wrong.

Kinga

Medalist
Gorgeous performance from Russians. Twizzles were spot on.
And everything went so well with this lovely Mozart music

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I missed the Russians (bathroom break) but I thought Crone/Poirier were lovely. Though what was she wearing?

What was the deduction the Russians got for? Do we have another overzealous caller here? If so, I'm gonna bet Davis/White get hit.

And they are not happy with the marks....

katha

On the Ice
I thought last year LTU pair was lovely. And the fact that it's Shpilband/Zueva who are coaching them should make them better. But maybe I was wrong.

Eh, Shpilband/Zueva have so many couples that they are coaching, it's not really surprising that the lower-ranked ones don't get original programs IMO. I mean, even D/W and V/M get recycled music. :laugh: Of course they are much stronger skaters and the choreography is much more detailed etc.

beep_beep

Medalist
Sure enough, the storm knocked my connection :no:

But the canadians were great.
But I would love to hear the concept behind that skirt...

Kinga

Medalist
Maybe it is not the best idea to finish with the spin. It was not the best quality and leaves not very good impression at the end of good program

fanofskate

Rinkside
C/Ps program looks good. I'm sure with more outings, it will be a great program. They are a good young team.