Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance

Tripping on the Podium
    What a way to celebrate a birthday! 22!

Awesome speed. I still would like to see more changes though. I really love this team and I am starting to like this program. More tweaking please, Meryl and Charlie... Marina....

anybody know when they will start/will have/had the medal ceremonies?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Not if V/M correct the lifts they got deducted for.
    I dunno - V/M got 97.39 - D/W got 101.02. Even with the deductions added back, D/W would still be ahead. Now, I think that V/M will end up ahead as I think D/W's PCS will take a drop head-to-head, and V/M had trouble with both their lifts that cost GOEs (whereas D/W had no problems in that regard, or certainly less). I'd like to see the protocols to see how many level fours they got. If they've maxed out already, than maybe.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Wait I'm very confused. According to the ISU bio P/B are skating to:
    Kika by Ezekiel
    Time by Maxime Rodriguez
    Are they or are they not skating to RofD (Which seems to be the new Carmen)

I disliked the music cuts of POTO but what a skate! Crazy lifts and speed! Well done Meryl and Charlie!

I wouldn't compare V/M with D/W because scores can vary across competitions. We'll have to wait for GPF.

Medalist
    For sure. Pechalat and Bourzat looked good very early in the season and they were 5th last year at worlds. if there will be 2 teams with the same music at the end (never mind 3), is not going to bode well with those who will be last skating...
    At the moment it's not even clear if Maxim will make it to Vancouver. I'd say worrying about music is the least of their concerns...Aren't they mixing it up with other music? Perhaps it will have a different structure...What hurt them in 2007 IMO was not so much that they had the same music as D/W but that they had basically the same concept, similar costumes etc. And Dostatni was TS and they didn't have Linichuk in their corner yet to counter-politik.

Custom Title
    mishieru, there is definitely Requiem for a Dream in their cut of the FD. music

Nathalie and Fabian made some changes to their FD after the Masters, and that includes the music (also, obviously, the costumes). They spoke about it in an interview prior to TEB, but I can't remember where I saw it... sorry.

Tripping on the Podium
    Requiem for a Dream to me is one of those modern music that has repeating patterns, may be fast or slow or rumbling. When I listen to it, all I can picture is a lot of rushing on the ice or very fast turns to really fit the 'running'/repeating sound of the piece. I don't know if I explain it well. I haven't seen one program that really brings out RoD to life on ice. The Italians were good but again the choreography and the music don't quite match.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katha View Post
    At the moment it's not even clear if Maxim will make it to Vancouver. I'd say worrying about music is the least of their concerns...Aren't they mixing it up with other music? Perhaps it will have a different structure...What hurt them in 2007 IMO was not so much that they had the same music as D/W but that they had basically the same concept, similar costumes etc. And Dostatni was TS and they didn't have Linichuk in their corner yet to counter-politik.
    i think its their strategy to miss gps rather than the injury resurfacing. they looked very happy on their youtube video just 2 or 3 days before they announced their withdrawal. i guess they are only going to compete at Nationals, europeans and Olympics, Piseyev may even allow them not to compete at russian nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I dunno - V/M got 97.39 - D/W got 101.02. Even with the deductions added back, D/W would still be ahead. Now, I think that V/M will end up ahead as I think D/W's PCS will take a drop head-to-head, and V/M had trouble with both their lifts that cost GOEs (whereas D/W had no problems in that regard, or certainly less). I'd like to see the protocols to see how many level fours they got. If they've maxed out already, than maybe.

Mathematically you are correct. V/M had both their step seq. at level 3, which I am sure they will try to correct. Yes, we need to see what D/W got for their levels.

Custom Title
    Not if V/M correct the lifts they got deducted for.
    Not sure that's correct based on their TEB score. They lost 2 pts there for extended lifts. They actually got positive GOEs for every element. So if you eliminated the deductions from their score, they would still only total 99.39. If you look at the raw scores, D/Ws scores here beat both their TES and PCS.

Just checked protocols...D/W got level 3 on both step sequences. So, there is still room for improvement with both their scores and V/M.
    Last edited by jcoates; 10-24-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsasha View Post
    anybody know when they will start/will have/had the medal ceremonies?
    Tomorrow, right before the gala.

Thanks!

Custom Title
    V/M's outing of the OD and FD @ TEB wasn't perfect...a shaky lift from Scott in the FD, Scott's twizzle problem in the FD, and Tessa's twizzle problem in the OD. ALL things that will be corrected as the season progresses, along with the L3 step sequences.

Custom Title
    What was tessa's od twizzle issue? Scott sways a bit in the first twizzles and is behind Tessa in the second. Scott sometimes has a curvier axis on his twizzles than Tessa. What was her error - I'm distracted when I watch.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast