Ladies LP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

R.D.

Record Breaker
Asada 21 POINTS behind the leader??

If a coaching change and/or music overhaul does not happen within the next week I'll be :eek:

ann918

Rinkside
Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

I honestly think she was the star tonight. Her performance was better than Miki's.

Oh Mao.......
Is she going to be back ever? I honestly think she should take this season off to fix herself both mentally and physically... she's still young!!!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Congrats to medal winners and all the skaters.
My stream was so bad I turned it off . Thanks to all of you I felt almost like I was watching it.

I even think Ashley wuz robbed!!! :p :laugh:

Kissx3

Final Flight
Even last year Mao was still on top, just being edged out by Joannie somewhat. Now, I have no idea what's happened to her.

ann918

Rinkside
I'm starting to think It's not only about TAT and the music.
Something is terribly wrong with her jumps.....

Nadine

Record Breaker
What I honestly don't understand is why some Yuna Fans (or a certain individual that just likes to cause trouble) doesn't just let it be.

Mao is not going to win the Olympics. It's pretty obvious, so why keep getting on her?

This reminds me of the crazy infantile Tara & Michelle battles, that even go on to this day. It's pathetic. Especially when it involves adults.

I miss plain ole figure skating fans that just love the sport, not just one individual skater.

Usually I'm pretty cool, have been reading the various f.s. boards since 1998, but following a live feed & being pestered live is a whole 'nother ballgame, major understatement. :)

EDITED TO ADD: I've accepted the fact that Mao's experiencing Olympic Pressure, and unfortunately is not handling it well, but it's hers to win or lose, not mine. I will support her as a fan, in whatever she decides to do. Right now I feel us fans can only pray for her well-being, just pray for her.

Last edited:

gourry

Final Flight
smile.gif

I honestly think she was the star tonight. Her performance was better than Miki's.

Well, actually.....
ITA!!:biggrin: (But I'm a big Ashley fan, so...:biggrin:)
Ashley did so good today.:rock:

Congrats, Miki, Ashley, and Alena!!

But seriously, Mao won in PCS yet again. Seriously?!

evangeline

Record Breaker
:eek::eek::eek:

Mao off the podium in this rather weak field.

Mao not making the GPF.

Mao not cracking 100 in her FS.

I don't know which is the most shocking :eek:

R.D.

Record Breaker
smile.gif

I thought so too, but I don't want to raise any objection since I didn't know if I was the only one, plus I notice Wagner tends to get downgrades. Still though, one wonders about the Cop system.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Wow, Alissa!
Not too shabby at all.
I thought she might just crash and burn in LP again, but she held herself together quite well. :thumbsup:

Going by PCS (55ish), she does seem to garner some respect, coming in behind only Asada (59) and Ando (57), so that's a great sign.

Now don't fall and rotate!!
If it was only that easy....
Nonetheless, keep it up, giril!!

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
In an interview after SP Morozov said that everybody always expect something from Asada and they usually get nothing so he is not surpized about her results...
:cool:

Bennett

Record Breaker
She sounded deeply sad last night. Mental state perhaps affected her? Her usual practices sound good as far as reported.

ann918

Rinkside
If that's the case she's in serious trouble.

I always thought her forte was axel jumps, but somehow she's not managing to
complete her axel jumps this season and it's breaking my heart. Maybe she's too stressed out? I don't think she is injured, but it just seems wrong that someone who used to nail axels suddenly fail a lot....

Does anyone have a idea why? Am I just paranoid??

I hope to see Mao at the Olympics, but a part of me wish she would just take some break, let the media mind its own business, and return after some time when she's at her best...

R.D.

Record Breaker
:eek::eek::eek:

Mao off the podium in this rather weak field.

Mao not making the GPF.

Mao not cracking 100 in her FS.

I don't know which is the most shocking :eek:

They're all equally shocking but if I HAD to pick one, I'd say the first one.

I'm sure EVERYONE who submitted a prediction had her on the podium SOMEWHERE (mostly 1st or 2nd)

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
I have a technical question: in Alissa's protocol she was given -3 GoE from all of the judges for her 3F (which she fell on and UR). The average GoE shows -1. Why? Is it because of the downgrade?