Ladies LP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

krenseby

Final Flight
My only concern is that, i hope the media will not shift the pressure to Miki, Yukari and Fumie.

The only pressure that Fumie has had to deal with ever since 2006 was the pressure to drop out and make room for the next generation of ladies.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Well why should Morozov be concerned about Mao? He coaches Miki, and Mao is one of Miki's biggest rivals. But he doesn't have to make mean comments like that in public.

I'm sure he wants the Japanese federation to start getting behind Ando as well, as their best shot for OGM.

Ok , the impression I got from Morozov was mean. He certanly does not need to be be concerned about Mao, but to say that everybody gets nothing from their expectations is just stange. In the end somebody said that TT should be very unhappy about Mao's SP and then he just said " it's not my problem". I don't have anything against Morozov as a famous choreographere and personality. Maybe he and TT have fine ralationships I don't say the opposite but does not mean they are not competitive against each other.
Here is the link but it's in Russian.
http://fsnews.ru/page-id-735.html
Today after FS Tarasova said some interesting things that made me feel that Mao's problems are compleatly her resposibility. I translated it myself so maybe it is not pure but I hope you get main points:
So Tarasova said :
' I don't go to Japan that often because of my family and health issues. To get to Nagoya I have to fly to Tokyo and then go 3 hours on a train and 1 hour on a car. The last time I was there it was in August and on the way back on a plane I felt very sick, something was wrong with my heart.
Jeanna Folle, my assistant works permanently in Japan but sometimes she also has to go away. In this case Mao's Mum puts all her energy in Mao's training and tries to finish all the work I've done with Mao.
Mao works very hard, sometimes too hard. Her body has formed for about 70%. Now it's a hard time for this girl. I respect Mao for such a hard work and I hope she will get positive result in the future. Unfortunately I can't work with her as much as I do with my skaters. I have to ask myself many questions when the situation with her skating is like this.
I don't want to spoil her results. We have communication difficulties because of language barrier. I'm only her consultant and I feel lack of connection with her. She is not close to me maybe because of her age and different culture. '

Ahhh...it was a lot of work for me to translate it. Hope it helps to understand the situation. Personally I would recomend Mao to get full time good technical coach which can live and work with her in Japan.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Originally Posted by skate4ever
My goodness, they didn't even say a single word about Ladies winner Miki Ando.

They said we aren't going to talk about the winner yet, so maybe they will talk about Ando later.

And I agree Morozov was mean. I was just saying.

Reading Tarasova's comments I thought that was the issue. I always felt that Mao was basically self coaching herself.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
http://fsnews.ru/page-id-735.html
Today after FS Tarasova said some interesting things that made me feel that Mao's problems are not her compleatly her resposibility. I translated it myself so maybe it is not pure but I hope you get main points:
So Tarasova said :
' I don't go to Japan that often because of my family and health issues. To get to Nagoya I have to fly to Tokyo and then go 3 hours on a train and 1 hour on a car. The last time I was there it was in August and on the way back on a plane I felt very sick, something was wrong with my heart.
Jeanna Folle, my assistant works permanently in Japan but sometimes she also has to go away. In this case Mao's Mum puts all her energy in Mao's training and tries to finish all the work I've done with Mao.
Mao works very hard, sometimes too hard. Her body has formed for about 70%. Now it's a hard time for this girl. I respect Mao for such a hard work and I hope she will get positive result in the future. Unfortunately I can't work with her as much as I do with my skaters. I have to ask myself many questions when the situation with her skating is like this.
I don't want to spoil her results. We have communication difficulties because of language barrier. I'm only her consultant and I feel lack of connection with her. She is not close to me maybe because of her age and different culture. '
:mad: Is this really what TAT said? It sounds like she's trying really hard to shift the blame on anyone but her. Be it Mao, Mao's mom, or Folle, but anyone but her. All this after Mao saying how amazing TAT is.

Mao, get yourself away from TAT, stat! Please, JSF, FREE MAO!

Thanks Charlotte Elizabeth for the translation.

Okami

On the Ice
I can speak some Russian and I did not get a mean vibe from Morozov at all.He seemed in quite good mood (understandably, as his skater won). It's the interviewer who seemed rude. Instead of asking about Miki, he kept asking about Mao, TAT and Adam Rippon. He had sort of "Well, your skater won, but who cares? Could you give us some dirt on that fallen genius Asada? Oh, and by the way, why did your student dump you?" I would be pretty annoyed at the end of such an interview...

I am even more disappointed at TAT comments. She basically dropped the whole responsibility on Mao and their lack of communication. Wasn't she talking before that Mao is like a daughter to her? And now she's talking as if Mao wasn't even "her" skater at all. :( I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up with Mao switching coaches. Perhaps it would be the best option for her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
It does seem as if TT and Asada have grown apart. It is time for SOME kind of change (whether it be coaching, music, or both) obviously.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
:mad: Is this really what TAT said? It sounds like she's trying really hard to shift the blame on anyone but her. Be it Mao, Mao's mom, or Folle, but anyone but her. All this after Mao saying how amazing TAT is.

ITA, Mao needs a new coach and a technical coach fast.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I am even more disappointed at TAT comments. She basically dropped the whole responsibility on Mao and their lack of communication. Wasn't she talking before that Mao is like a daughter to her? And now she's talking as if Mao wasn't even "her" skater at all. :( I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up with Mao switching coaches. Perhaps it would be the best option for her.

I think that Tarasova has a fair point when it comes to her not being there for Asada's daily training. A very fair point. But she could leave out the whole I don't feel close to her.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice

Who knows what really happened. Right now, it's "he said, she said."

It's been known that Tarasova hasn't coach full-time due to family and health issues since late 2005. If Mao is only working with her part-time then she needs to search for a full time coach. Probably some of the jump issues arising now is because Mao didn't have a coach to spot her.

Maybe she should consider Christy Ness, K.Yamaguchi's coach to help her. I believe she is known to help restore confidence and is a technician.

ks777

Record Breaker
how about Doug Lee? Honda's old coach and Lori Nichols?

I really don't like Mao's mom's involvements. Why is she coaching her daughter anyway?

Last edited:

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Who knows what really happened. Right now, it's "he said, she said."
It's the two faced act of TAT that makes me so :mad:

Like Okami said, what happened to the TAT who claimed Mao is like a daughter to her and getting along so well in front of the cameras? Now she distances herself from Mao, using the language barrier as an excuse and practically blaming everything but herself. Those other factors may be part of the problem, but own up to your own failings as well, TAT.

Enthusiast

On the Ice
Sad, but NO. If skaters want to make the GPF, they have to be like
1st - 1st (30pt)
1st - 2nd (28pt)
1st - 3rd (26pt)
1st - 4th (24pt)
2nd - 2nd (26pt)
2nd - 3rd (24pt)

Mao was 2nd in France and 5th in Russia, which means that she only got 20pt. She might have some chances to make the GPF if other skaters screw up with their GPs, like Carolina Kostner and even Mao herself, but that doesn't happen often.

My guess for the GPF would be Yuna, Joannie, Miki, Rachel, Ashley, and Yukari or Mirai or someone from Europe...maybe :p

Oh.. thank you for the explanation. So unforttunately Carolina has blown her chances too:frown::disapp:

macemace1980

Rinkside
I think that Tarasova has a fair point when it comes to her not being there for Asada's daily training. A very fair point. But she could leave out the whole I don't feel close to her.

Exactly.
Everybody knew that Tatiana was never going to be a full time coach.
But I feel really sorry for Mao now, she seemed to adore Tatiana but Tatiana doesn't feel close to her.:cry:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It would be extremely unlikely for either Kostner or Asada to make the GPF. Kostner has 5 points and skates next week in China vs. Rochette and Flatt. Even if a miracle happened and Kostner won, she would still have only 20 points, the same as Asada.

DarkestMoon

On the Ice
It's the two faced act of TAT that makes me so :mad:

Like Okami said, what happened to the TAT who claimed Mao is like a daughter to her and getting along so well in front of the cameras? Now she distances herself from Mao, using the language barrier as an excuse and practically blaming everything but herself. Those other factors may be part of the problem, but own up to your own failings as well, TAT.

It's unfortunate that happened, but now Mao needs to seize the opportunity to search for a new coach to help rediscover her skating. She has enough time between now and Nationals to create new programs. Mao cannot be reluctant to leave Japan because she really needs full time coaching to save her season.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I doubt that Orser would even consider taking on Mao, since he trains her archrival Yu-Na Kim.

Right no way. His loyalty is to Kim right now. However, if Kim retires, he may agree to take on Mao then. Just as Morozov won't take on Mao either, if he has any loyalty to Miki.