Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    If that's the case she's in serious trouble.

I always thought her forte was axel jumps, but somehow she's not managing to
    complete her axel jumps this season and it's breaking my heart. Maybe she's too stressed out? I don't think she is injured, but it just seems wrong that someone who used to nail axels suddenly fail a lot....

Does anyone have a idea why? Am I just paranoid??

I hope to see Mao at the Olympics, but a part of me wish she would just take some break, let the media mind its own business, and return after some time when she's at her best...

Mao only landed 2 triples. Her 3flip was downgraded.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post

Mao off the podium in this rather weak field.

Mao not making the GPF.

Mao not cracking 100 in her FS.

I don't know which is the most shocking
    They're all equally shocking but if I HAD to pick one, I'd say the first one.

I'm sure EVERYONE who submitted a prediction had her on the podium SOMEWHERE (mostly 1st or 2nd)
    Last edited by R.D.; 10-24-2009 at 01:49 PM.

I have a technical question: in Alissa's protocol she was given -3 GoE from all of the judges for her 3F (which she fell on and UR). The average GoE shows -1. Why? Is it because of the downgrade?

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    In an interview after SP Morozov said that everybody always expect something from Asada and they usually get nothing so he is not surpized about her results...
    A bit confused.
    What does he mean by that?
    Asada usually screws up SP, so what's the big fuss??

Custom Title
    i don't understand why you guys think skating 3 competitions in a month and 2 in one week isn't trying and won't affect the person jumps.

it is tiring.
    yes--something is noticeably different about maos jumps--but no one knows what it is. it could be anything--but yes her jumps are off a bit. just enough to throw her off.
    what is infanitle about that.

this isn't like tara and michelle--in some ways it is way worse. why=--judging and cop hasn't change--still cheat, still politics, still holding up one skater over another by overlooking urs, wrong edges and things.

personally i am not for any skater-I JUST CANT STAND OVERT CHEATING in any sport--It is more argueable in figure skating and gymanstics sports than others -why opinion ONLY based the outcome.
    look at world series blown calls--someone get in and someone left out . blown call in football does it help the team that gets the wrong call. no-does it let down their fan base yes--does it hurt the sport yes--does it help the winners -depends on who you ask.

IF it childish to ask more about fair skating ask why they still cheat--then i am sorry, because People who like cheating over fair outcome hurts the sports s
    also. why- because you want your athlete cheated for and no other athlete and you don't like it when the call is made against your athlete and you Shout first chance you get scores, markes are unfair. Well you can't have it both ways--it is either fair/foul.

What a jerky thing for Morozov to say. I mean it's akin to kicking a dog while they are down... (Poor Mao) It's not the way to convince the Japanese federation to let him have Mao if Miki retires next year.

Frankly I think it's too soon to count Mao out. She has four months to get things together. Maybe she will, although she definetly needs a new coaching environment.

However Mao is starting to remind me of Miki in the Torino Season. Ando had a bad season but she did regroup next year to win worlds. Hopefully she can take this time off to regroup and prepare for Japanese Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    i don't understand why you guys think skating 3 competitions in a month and 2 in one week isn't trying and won't affect the person jumps.

it is tiring.
    yes--something is noticeably different about maos jumps--but no one knows what it is. it could be anything--but yes her jumps are off a bit. just enough to throw her off.
    what is infanitle about that.

this isn't like tara and michelle--in some ways it is way worse. why=--judging and cop hasn't change--still cheat, still politics, still holding up one skater over another by overlooking urs, wrong edges and things.

personally i am not for any skater-I JUST CANT STAND OVERT CHEATING in any sport--It is more argueable in figure skating and gymanstics sports than others -why opinion ONLY based the outcome.
    look at world series blown calls--someone get in and someone left out . blown call in football does it help the team that gets the wrong call. no-does it let down their fan base yes--does it hurt the sport yes--does it help the winners -depends on who you ask.

IF it childish to ask more about fair skating ask why they still cheat--then i am sorry, because People who like cheating over fair outcome hurts the sports s
    also. why- because you want your athlete cheated for and no other athlete and you don't like it when the call is made against your athlete and you Shout first chance you get scores, markes are unfair. Well you can't have it both ways--it is either fair/foul.
    huh?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    What a jerky thing for Morozov to say. I mean it's akin to kicking a dog while they are down... (Poor Mao) It's not the way to convince the Japanese federation to let him have Mao if Miki retires next year.

Frankly I think it's too soon to count Mao out. She has four months to get things together. Maybe she will, although she definetly needs a new coaching environment.

However Mao is starting to remind me of Miki in the Torino Season. Ando had a bad season but she did regroup next year to win worlds. Hopefully she can take this time off to regroup and prepare for Japanese Nationals.
    remember Shizuka wasn't in her best form until the olympics, even at japense national she wasn't doing that well. but, come olympics she brought her a game and won it.

Mao, if she sorts out her head can still win it. she has the jumps (she lands them in practice) and the artistry to win it. Only thing she needs to do is to relax and not bother about putting too many triple axels, just do one axel in sp. Hope Tat understands by now, i wonder what Mao's mother is doing now, she usually makes a lot of her girl's skating decision.
    Last edited by life684; 10-24-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Everybody here got downgrades; I think for a lady if you can just fully rotate your jumps that is a ++++. Alissa and Ashly did well except for the urs

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post

Yes! I agree w/ you
    Hopefully this unexpected time-off from media and pressure will help Mao
    regroup and prepare herself for the JPN Nationals.

I really hope to see Mao at her best at the Olympics
    It's not as exciting without her in the competition... Frankly I really enjoyed watching Yuna/Mao rivalry over the years!!!

But for now, I just hope she doesnt despair from the competition's result that shocked everyone

Custom Title
    ashley jumps in her short should have been downgraded
    and triple double and triple flip(maybe) should have been downgraded she lucked out
    In fact the
    that being said--there is an improvement in her jumps. a lot less ur I notice a bit improvement in her jumps. artistry still lacking-but she is trying.
    alissa --fight more.just don't skate.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    What I honestly don't understand is why some Yuna Fans (or a certain individual that just likes to cause trouble) doesn't just let it be.

Mao is not going to win the Olympics. It's pretty obvious, so why keep getting on her?

This reminds me of the crazy infantile Tara & Michelle battles, that even go on to this day. It's pathetic. Especially when it involves adults.

I miss plain ole figure skating fans that just love the sport, not just one individual skater.

Usually I'm pretty cool, have been reading the various f.s. boards since 1998, but following a live feed & being pestered live is a whole 'nother ballgame, major understatement.

EDITED TO ADD: I've accepted the fact that Mao's experiencing Olympic Pressure, and unfortunately is not handling it well, but it's hers to win or lose, not mine. I will support her as a fan, in whatever she decides to do. Right now I feel us fans can only pray for her well-being, just pray for her.

I pretty much followed every posts cause I couldn't get a live feed and I didn't see any big troubles or way too irrational behaviors.. and why Mao and Yuna?.. she's not even in this competition isn't she?.. did I miss some offending comments or perhaps the person deleted it? What ticked you off I wonder..
    If it's about people leaving so many comments about Mao in this thread, well.. this is kind of a big deal and shocking news isn't it?..

Rinkside
    Ashley's protocol seemes interesting. Her flip sequence was UR yet it was given +0.8 GOE. I guess it's the motified rules in effect. UR calls now aren't as severely punished as they were last year. If she works on getting higher levels on spins and possibly fixing that flutz, she will be much more competitive. I also notice her PCS is gradually increasing. I really like her programs this year, and hope she will make it to GPF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Correct. The value for -3 on a double Flip is -1.
    thanks

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast