Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Originally Posted by SusieH
    The Japanese media says that Mao will not only keep the two 3As, but will also put a 3-3 in the second half of the program. Bless her! I feel kind of dizzy now...

Good luck to all the ladies!
    You know she could easily have one of her best performances ever the girl is a Champion and a fighter. I'm glad she's going for something other than 3axels....

Custom Title
    Wow, just checked the schedule, another half hour to wait. I soooo wish they would've had the ladies on before dance & pairs, that way I would've just went to sleep after seeing them & the men, of course.

Seriously, I think I might just skip the first group of women & wait for the last, I'm gonna take a nap.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post
    The Japanese media says that Mao will not only keep the two 3As, but will also put a 3-3 in the second half of the program. Bless her! I feel kind of dizzy now...

Not a good idea. At the rate she has been missing them I don't think that's the smartest strategy. Plus, in this field she doesn't really need all that firepower.

OTOH, if she hits everything, watch out Yuna.

The TVU channel is playing Yuna's singing.
    After listening million times, I really admit she has good voice.
    Ooops sorry guys, off topucs, but to kill the time until the event starts.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    You know she could easily have one of her best performances ever the girl is a Champion and a fighter. I'm glad she's going for something other than 3axels....
    I agree and hope Mao has a great skate today.
    But....it says in addition to keeping BOTH 3A's Mao is also ADDING a 3x3 in second half of her program.

This sounds like desperation to me but let's wait and see what happens.
    ETA: Either Tat has lost her mind or someone else is calling the shots.
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-24-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Tripping on the Podium mirai_asada's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieH View Post

If there's a competition to test out the 3-3 along with the 3A, it's this one, before the GPF. Good luck Mao, and the rest of the ladies!

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Shouldn't we rename this tread. Given the circumstances, 'poor Mao' sounds like an appropriate title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Shouldn't we rename this tread. Given the circumstances, 'poor Mao' sounds like an appropriate title.
    Well at least 'poor Caroline' is in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    It is strange after hearing "poor Alissa" or "poor Caro" so many times to now be hearing "poor Mao."

I may sound cynical but I agree with beka - that Mao is capable of pulling off a great skate today. The odds may even point to that.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by kandidy View Post
    The TVU channel is playing Yuna's singing.
    After listening million times, I really admit she has good voice.
    Ooops sorry guys, off topucs, but to kill the time until the event starts.

I just think she has a talent in music too. I think out of all current skaters, she feels and expresses the music the best. I guess that goes along with her ability/talent in singing.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I agree and hope Mao has a great skate today.
    But....it says in addition to keeping BOTH 3A's Mao is also ADDING a 3x3 in second half of her program.

This sounds like desperation to me but let's wait and see what happens.
    ETA: Either Tat has lost her mind or someone else is calling the shots.
    It could either be a great performance or total disaster.(I say reckless but still..)
    It was pretty painful to watch her swallowing tears..I don't care if she skates her best and manage to win dramatically.. just hope she gets her smiles back on her face no matter what..

Custom Title
    Just want to say thank you to everyone who is posting descriptions of this GP event.

Custom Title
    While I share the concerns of many regarding Mao's strategy esp. regarding the 3A's, I tend to think it's a good idea to stick to the plan for this competition... changing plans around due to confidence issues could be even further detrimental to the confidence, if she still doesn't manage a stellar skate with an "easier" routine. In the middle of a competition is not the time to second-guess, especially in an early season, relatively meaningless one such as this.

It's up on TVU now.
    They're warming up and ther are showing some really cute flower girls (a none of them is picking theit nose today)

Quote Originally Posted by Tango_D_R View Post
    It could either be a great performance or total disaster.(I say reckless but still..)
    It was pretty painful to watch her swallowing tears..I don't care if she skates her best and manage to win dramatically.. just hope she gets her smiles back on her face no matter what..
    Actually I should have said "poor strategy."
    This field is not that strong and Mao has been struggling. Why not go with only one 3A and concentrate on the other elements. With a good all around skate that would practically guarantee Mao 1st or 2nd today and a place in the GPF.
    Feels like a real "no-brainer" to me......

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast