Ladies LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

mirai_asada

On the Ice
The Japanese media says that Mao will not only keep the two 3As, but will also put a 3-3 in the second half of the program. Bless her! I feel kind of dizzy now...

Good luck to all the ladies!

If there's a competition to test out the 3-3 along with the 3A, it's this one, before the GPF. Good luck Mao, and the rest of the ladies! :)

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Shouldn't we rename this tread. Given the circumstances, 'poor Mao' sounds like an appropriate title.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Shouldn't we rename this tread. Given the circumstances, 'poor Mao' sounds like an appropriate title.

It is strange after hearing "poor Alissa" or "poor Caro" so many times to now be hearing "poor Mao."

I may sound cynical but I agree with beka - that Mao is capable of pulling off a great skate today. The odds may even point to that.

mel66

Rinkside
The TVU channel is playing Yuna's singing.
;) After listening million times, I really admit she has good voice.
Ooops sorry guys, off topucs, but to kill the time until the event starts.

I just think she has a talent in music too. I think out of all current skaters, she feels and expresses the music the best. I guess that goes along with her ability/talent in singing.:thumbsup:

Tango_D_R

Rinkside
I agree and hope Mao has a great skate today.
But....it says in addition to keeping BOTH 3A's Mao is also ADDING a 3x3 in second half of her program.

This sounds like desperation to me but let's wait and see what happens.
ETA: Either Tat has lost her mind or someone else is calling the shots.

It could either be a great performance or total disaster.(I say reckless but still..)
It was pretty painful to watch her swallowing tears..I don't care if she skates her best and manage to win dramatically.. just hope she gets her smiles back on her face no matter what..:no:

amateur

Final Flight
While I share the concerns of many regarding Mao's strategy esp. regarding the 3A's, I tend to think it's a good idea to stick to the plan for this competition... changing plans around due to confidence issues could be even further detrimental to the confidence, if she still doesn't manage a stellar skate with an "easier" routine. In the middle of a competition is not the time to second-guess, especially in an early season, relatively meaningless one such as this.

beep_beep

Medalist
It's up on TVU now.
They're warming up and ther are showing some really cute flower girls (a none of them is picking theit nose today)

janetfan

Match Penalty
It could either be a great performance or total disaster.(I say reckless but still..)
It was pretty painful to watch her swallowing tears..I don't care if she skates her best and manage to win dramatically.. just hope she gets her smiles back on her face no matter what..:no:

Actually I should have said "poor strategy."
This field is not that strong and Mao has been struggling. Why not go with only one 3A and concentrate on the other elements. With a good all around skate that would practically guarantee Mao 1st or 2nd today and a place in the GPF.
Feels like a real "no-brainer" to me......

mel66

Rinkside
While I share the concerns of many regarding Mao's strategy esp. regarding the 3A's, I tend to think it's a good idea to stick to the plan for this competition... changing plans around due to confidence issues could be even further detrimental to the confidence, if she still doesn't manage a stellar skate with an "easier" routine. In the middle of a competition is not the time to second-guess, especially in an early season, relatively meaningless one such as this.

I have to agree with you. It is such a pain to watch Mao struggles, but if she changes now, it will become even worse. The best she can do is stick with what she is doing...and change after this season. Too bad it is an Olympic season but yeah....

beep_beep

Medalist
What's been going on with Dytrt? She hasn't done a half decent skate in quite a while... it's such a pity.

And could we focus on the competition that is going on now ?

sk8indel

On the Ice
I will be posting my thoughts on each skater...

Annette DYTRT GER
interesting dress choice, it is lime green, 2 falls, first spiral a little shakey and rather low, and freeleg not perfectly straight, it seemed at times there was not much choreography and was like jump to jump to jump. Technical score-31.94 Program components-43.04 deduction 2, lp total 72.98m total competition score 109.74
1st place (That;s the best thing about going first xD)

amateur

Final Flight
I have to agree with you. It is such a pain to watch Mao struggles, but if she changes now, it will become even worse. The best she can do is stick with what she is doing...and change after this season. Too bad it is an Olympic season but yeah....

Well, I was tryiing to say i think she can change strategy even after this competition, not necessarily too late for that... but sticking to a plan and going for it, is also a compeitive skill which needs to be practiced along with the skating elements. And besides, she is still trying to test exactly WHAT she might be capable of.

Medusa

Record Breaker
All the time I wondered why my mackerels don't taste like mackerels - now I know why, I accidentally bought pilchards instead of mackerels.

Oh, sorry. But it's the Ladiezzzzzzzzzzz, I always do something different when they are on.

sk8indel

On the Ice
Jenna MCCORKELL GBR
I kept losing internet connection during this performance, one flip out and a singled jump but didnt see any falls
tes-51.20 pcs=41.8, lp=93.76 total=134.70
1st place