Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Alissa did well, but missed her chance to make a statement -- at least to the other U.S. girls -- because of the downgrades on her two triple loops. She lost more than 9 points right there.

(The fall on the flip? Stuff happens.)

Custom Title
    I think part of Mao problem maybe that she is perfectionist, and when she make a mistake, it gets to her and mess up her head. I mean she is trying to keep her 3A intect (which is her signature jump and the reason she was trust into the spotlight since her junior years), trying to ger all complete triple jumps, namely the toe loop and salcow. On top of that fixing the flutz, maybe too much for her.

I mean we all get frustrated and try to work harder, when we are legging behind our rival and her approach maybe be not the right one.

On the bright side, missing GPF mean she will have time to sort out her problem and prepare fo the national and olympics.

On the Ice
    I just watched ladies LP and all I can say is,
    What happened to Mao that I enjoyed watching until last season?

That did NOT look like Mao Asada, but more like Mao Zedung skating.

It looked like her confidence level was in the negative range and she wanted to be anywhere but on the ice.

It's heartbreaking to see any athlete suffer like that. Hope she rebounds soon.

Banned
    Good reflection from cbc regarding Asada.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Fig.../ID=1306772363

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    Good reflection from cbc regarding Asada.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Fig.../ID=1306772363
    My goodness, they didn't even say a single word about Ladies winner Miki Ando.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    My only concern is that, i hope the media will not shift the pressure to Miki, Yukari and Fumie.
    The only pressure that Fumie has had to deal with ever since 2006 was the pressure to drop out and make room for the next generation of ladies.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skate4ever View Post
    Haha, that can only be expected from CBC :sheesh:

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Well why should Morozov be concerned about Mao? He coaches Miki, and Mao is one of Miki's biggest rivals. But he doesn't have to make mean comments like that in public.

I'm sure he wants the Japanese federation to start getting behind Ando as well, as their best shot for OGM.
    Ok , the impression I got from Morozov was mean. He certanly does not need to be be concerned about Mao, but to say that everybody gets nothing from their expectations is just stange. In the end somebody said that TT should be very unhappy about Mao's SP and then he just said " it's not my problem". I don't have anything against Morozov as a famous choreographere and personality. Maybe he and TT have fine ralationships I don't say the opposite but does not mean they are not competitive against each other.
    Here is the link but it's in Russian.
    http://fsnews.ru/page-id-735.html
    Today after FS Tarasova said some interesting things that made me feel that Mao's problems are compleatly her resposibility. I translated it myself so maybe it is not pure but I hope you get main points:
    So Tarasova said :
    ' I don't go to Japan that often because of my family and health issues. To get to Nagoya I have to fly to Tokyo and then go 3 hours on a train and 1 hour on a car. The last time I was there it was in August and on the way back on a plane I felt very sick, something was wrong with my heart.
    Jeanna Folle, my assistant works permanently in Japan but sometimes she also has to go away. In this case Mao's Mum puts all her energy in Mao's training and tries to finish all the work I've done with Mao.
    Mao works very hard, sometimes too hard. Her body has formed for about 70%. Now it's a hard time for this girl. I respect Mao for such a hard work and I hope she will get positive result in the future. Unfortunately I can't work with her as much as I do with my skaters. I have to ask myself many questions when the situation with her skating is like this.
    I don't want to spoil her results. We have communication difficulties because of language barrier. I'm only her consultant and I feel lack of connection with her. She is not close to me maybe because of her age and different culture. '

Ahhh...it was a lot of work for me to translate it. Hope it helps to understand the situation. Personally I would recomend Mao to get full time good technical coach which can live and work with her in Japan.
    Last edited by Charlotte Elizabeth; 10-25-2009 at 04:20 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skate4ever View Post
    Yeah that struck me as odd too! Nor anything about Ashley's USA medal!

Originally Posted by skate4ever
    They said we aren't going to talk about the winner yet, so maybe they will talk about Ando later.

And I agree Morozov was mean. I was just saying.

Reading Tarasova's comments I thought that was the issue. I always felt that Mao was basically self coaching herself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    http://fsnews.ru/page-id-735.html
    Today after FS Tarasova said some interesting things that made me feel that Mao's problems are not her compleatly her resposibility. I translated it myself so maybe it is not pure but I hope you get main points:
    So Tarasova said :
    ' I don't go to Japan that often because of my family and health issues. To get to Nagoya I have to fly to Tokyo and then go 3 hours on a train and 1 hour on a car. The last time I was there it was in August and on the way back on a plane I felt very sick, something was wrong with my heart.
    Jeanna Folle, my assistant works permanently in Japan but sometimes she also has to go away. In this case Mao's Mum puts all her energy in Mao's training and tries to finish all the work I've done with Mao.
    Mao works very hard, sometimes too hard. Her body has formed for about 70%. Now it's a hard time for this girl. I respect Mao for such a hard work and I hope she will get positive result in the future. Unfortunately I can't work with her as much as I do with my skaters. I have to ask myself many questions when the situation with her skating is like this.
    I don't want to spoil her results. We have communication difficulties because of language barrier. I'm only her consultant and I feel lack of connection with her. She is not close to me maybe because of her age and different culture. '
    Is this really what TAT said? It sounds like she's trying really hard to shift the blame on anyone but her. Be it Mao, Mao's mom, or Folle, but anyone but her. All this after Mao saying how amazing TAT is.

Mao, get yourself away from TAT, stat! Please, JSF, FREE MAO!

Thanks Charlotte Elizabeth for the translation.

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    I can speak some Russian and I did not get a mean vibe from Morozov at all.He seemed in quite good mood (understandably, as his skater won). It's the interviewer who seemed rude. Instead of asking about Miki, he kept asking about Mao, TAT and Adam Rippon. He had sort of "Well, your skater won, but who cares? Could you give us some dirt on that fallen genius Asada? Oh, and by the way, why did your student dump you?" I would be pretty annoyed at the end of such an interview...

I am even more disappointed at TAT comments. She basically dropped the whole responsibility on Mao and their lack of communication. Wasn't she talking before that Mao is like a daughter to her? And now she's talking as if Mao wasn't even "her" skater at all. :( I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up with Mao switching coaches. Perhaps it would be the best option for her.

Down With It
    It does seem as if TT and Asada have grown apart. It is time for SOME kind of change (whether it be coaching, music, or both) obviously.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    Is this really what TAT said? It sounds like she's trying really hard to shift the blame on anyone but her. Be it Mao, Mao's mom, or Folle, but anyone but her. All this after Mao saying how amazing TAT is.

Mao, get yourself away from TAT, stat! Please, JSF, FREE MAO!

Thanks Charlotte Elizabeth for the translation.
    ITA, Mao needs a new coach and a technical coach fast.

I am even more disappointed at TAT comments. She basically dropped the whole responsibility on Mao and their lack of communication. Wasn't she talking before that Mao is like a daughter to her? And now she's talking as if Mao wasn't even "her" skater at all. :( I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up with Mao switching coaches. Perhaps it would be the best option for her.
    I think that Tarasova has a fair point when it comes to her not being there for Asada's daily training. A very fair point. But she could leave out the whole I don't feel close to her.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast