Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    Is this really what TAT said? It sounds like she's trying really hard to shift the blame on anyone but her. Be it Mao, Mao's mom, or Folle, but anyone but her. All this after Mao saying how amazing TAT is.

Mao, get yourself away from TAT, stat! Please, JSF, FREE MAO!

Thanks Charlotte Elizabeth for the translation.
    Who knows what really happened. Right now, it's "he said, she said."

It's been known that Tarasova hasn't coach full-time due to family and health issues since late 2005. If Mao is only working with her part-time then she needs to search for a full time coach. Probably some of the jump issues arising now is because Mao didn't have a coach to spot her.

Maybe she should consider Christy Ness, K.Yamaguchi's coach to help her. I believe she is known to help restore confidence and is a technician.

how about Doug Lee? Honda's old coach and Lori Nichols?

I really don't like Mao's mom's involvements. Why is she coaching her daughter anyway?
    Last edited by ks777; 10-24-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Who knows what really happened. Right now, it's "he said, she said."
    It's the two faced act of TAT that makes me so

Like Okami said, what happened to the TAT who claimed Mao is like a daughter to her and getting along so well in front of the cameras? Now she distances herself from Mao, using the language barrier as an excuse and practically blaming everything but herself. Those other factors may be part of the problem, but own up to your own failings as well, TAT.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cima View Post
    Sad, but NO. If skaters want to make the GPF, they have to be like
    1st - 1st (30pt)
    1st - 2nd (28pt)
    1st - 3rd (26pt)
    1st - 4th (24pt)
    2nd - 2nd (26pt)
    2nd - 3rd (24pt)

Mao was 2nd in France and 5th in Russia, which means that she only got 20pt. She might have some chances to make the GPF if other skaters screw up with their GPs, like Carolina Kostner and even Mao herself, but that doesn't happen often.

My guess for the GPF would be Yuna, Joannie, Miki, Rachel, Ashley, and Yukari or Mirai or someone from Europe...maybe :P

Oh.. thank you for the explanation. So unforttunately Carolina has blown her chances too

Custom Title
    Mao should train with Brian Orser

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I think that Tarasova has a fair point when it comes to her not being there for Asada's daily training. A very fair point. But she could leave out the whole I don't feel close to her.
    Exactly.
    Everybody knew that Tatiana was never going to be a full time coach.
    But I feel really sorry for Mao now, she seemed to adore Tatiana but Tatiana doesn't feel close to her.

Custom Title
    It would be extremely unlikely for either Kostner or Asada to make the GPF. Kostner has 5 points and skates next week in China vs. Rochette and Flatt. Even if a miracle happened and Kostner won, she would still have only 20 points, the same as Asada.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    I doubt that Orser would even consider taking on Mao, since he trains her archrival Yu-Na Kim.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    It's the two faced act of TAT that makes me so

Like Okami said, what happened to the TAT who claimed Mao is like a daughter to her and getting along so well in front of the cameras? Now she distances herself from Mao, using the language barrier as an excuse and practically blaming everything but herself. Those other factors may be part of the problem, but own up to your own failings as well, TAT.
    It's unfortunate that happened, but now Mao needs to seize the opportunity to search for a new coach to help rediscover her skating. She has enough time between now and Nationals to create new programs. Mao cannot be reluctant to leave Japan because she really needs full time coaching to save her season.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I doubt that Orser would even consider taking on Mao, since he trains her archrival Yu-Na Kim.
    Right no way. His loyalty is to Kim right now. However, if Kim retires, he may agree to take on Mao then. Just as Morozov won't take on Mao either, if he has any loyalty to Miki.

not while her main rival is also skating with him

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Right no way. His loyalty is to Kim right now. However, if Kim retires, he may agree to take on Mao then.
    I also doubt that Orser is the ultimate answer. Especially as far as technique goes. Kim had exceptional jumps, long before she worked with Orser. Rippon had all the Triples clean and secure, except for the Triple Axel - and that one is still a bit shaky, even after nearly one year with Orser. And not every coach works for every skater.

Just look at Morosov, sometimes it looks as if he can push the skater into the right direction, e.g. Ando - or Takahashi - with other skaters his work doesn't seem to make a difference in their skating.

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    I sincerely doubt there's even a shade of possibility for that, because:
    1. Brian has YuNa now.
    2. The whole "Japanese skaters obstructed YuNa in practices" fiasco, as well as harping on Miki's scores, made Brian sort of an unpopular coach in Japan.
    3. Mao needs a good technical coach, while so far Brian got his skaters with their technique already solid. Except for YuNa's 3L, which is still a no-show in competitions.

My pick would be Lee Barkell. He worked with a Japanese skater already (Nobunari Oda) and in fairly short time fixed his flutz, gave him a solid 3A and improved his edge jumps.
    Jeff Buttle could help Mao with her choreo.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    how about Doug Lee? Honda's old coach and Lori Nichols?

I really don't like Mao's mom's involvements. Why is she coaching her daughter anyway?
    Totally agree. She shouldn't have been like a coach unless she used to be a skater before.

Then how about Honda? Is he living in the U.S? If not and if he is living in Japan, he will be one of the best solution for her.

oh, I need to go to bed! At 2:00 here, the time need be added 1 hour more.
    Totally forgot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    It would be extremely unlikely for either Kostner or Asada to make the GPF. Kostner has 5 points and skates next week in China vs. Rochette and Flatt. Even if a miracle happened and Kostner won, she would still have only 20 points, the same as Asada.
    So this means we may get to see Rachael Flatt at GPF instead of Carolina or Mao.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast