Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies LP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I actually dislike Ashkenazy's version, too light... perhaps another version like Rubinstien's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTe6-...eature=related

or somewhat different tempo like Godowsky's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7vDO...eature=related

But I like the orchestral version so it doesn't matter which. I think it is a very sophisticated piece of music and can be a wonderful music for a FS.
    I like Ashkenazy for being sensitive. Godowsky's version sounds very different. Interesting.

Custom Title
    figurejennah and R.D.,
    I meant most Japanse fans reckon that PCS were too high.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    PPL here really don't know why Mao got such a high PCS? The judges tried to make a spot for Mao, for Tokyo GP final. that's it. period! I don't think this will happen in olympics.
    I would say they weren't trying hard enough if that was really the case because 5th and a 2nd place is mostly likely not going to be enough to qualify for GPF. I do suppose giving her a PCS of something like 80 in the LP would have looked a little suspicious, though.
    Last edited by Phoenix347; 10-24-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: added a couple of words

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I would say they weren't trying hard enough if that was really the case because 5th and a 2nd place is mostly likely not going to be enough to qualify for GPF. I do suppose giving her a PCS of something like 80 in the LP would have looked a little suspicious, though.
    And placing in the top 5 in the overall standings for men isn't? *cough yuna* She is ridicuously overscored in PCS. Her so called facial expressions is either a smile or a big ;O;....

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    I just got home from work, and just about the only thing I can do about the results is for a number of reasons:

1. Mao not making the podium in a weak field.
    2. Mao not scoring above 100 in the free skate.
    3. Mao not making the GPF.
    4. Mao only getting credit for 2 triples in her free skate.

What the heck is going on with her? Is it nerves? Does she feel uncomfortable out there? Whatever it is her team has GOT to figure it out before it's too late, I really don't want the same thing that happened to Kimmie to happen to Mao, my heart would break .

At least there were some positives:

1. Leonova won her first GP medal
    2. Ashley won her first GP silver medal (which puts her into the running for the GPF)
    3. Alissa had a semi-decent free skate

All I can say is what a competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    And placing in the top 5 in the overall standings for men isn't? *cough yuna* She is ridicuously overscored in PCS. Her so called facial expressions is either a smile or a big ;O;....
    Uh, I wasn't talking about Yuna at all... why are you bring her up in this discussion? All I said was that I thought that poster's theory about the judges trying to make sure that Mao makes to the GPF was highly unlikely.

please keep the discussion on the skating/skaters and not on each other. take personal issues off the board.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    please keep the discussion on the skating/skaters and not on each other. take personal issues off the board.

Lambiel is the best!!
    Gee, below is your own post from Oct. 17, 09.

Her facial expressions this year HAS really improved. Last yea was like 'O' that 'O' this 'O' everything... thank god its gone from yuna. Hopefully mao doesn't use that 'O' as much..
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...858#post416858

Or is there a difference between ;O; and 'O'?
    And why are you bringing her into this conversation in the first place??
    Yes, she received high PCS, but at least she skated cleanly.
    Last edited by *Sniper*; 10-25-2009 at 03:15 AM.

Rinkside
    I guess somebody's pretty upset because the skater he's rooting for now won't be at Japan for GPF. Come on, don't bring Yuna into this, it just makes you look bad

Custom Title
    Mao don't need to take part in GPF.instead she should take a rest,bring her light and effotress jump back.
    btw it is said that Tat said we may change both of sp and lp program if Mao want to do.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I found tarasova along with morosov too stress generating the way the stand at the boards and shout..morosov doesnt shout but he looks very stressful , at one point audience was looking at him instead of miki- who was really great i loved her program!
    Tarasova i dont know what she does tell her on the boards but it doesnt help...Mao... i m so sad, I like Bells but i dont know what happens to her, she jumps 3\3 and 3axels in warm up greatly, then she bomps in competition.Still my favorite lady, i wish she skates on gala

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Hi CharlotteElizabeth, could you please give a brief translation of what Morozov said of Mao? I don't speak Russian and cannot understand a word he says
    Fisrt he was asked how he liked Ando' performance (SP). He said he is very pleased. And then immediatly reporter said that so surpising that Mao Asada is in the 6th place. Morozov says that he does not pay attention to what is going on with Mao although everybody always expect something from Mao Asada but nothing happens. Than reporter says that he assumes that TT will not be very satisfied. Morozov says that is her problems and smiles. After that he was asked about Miki, her FS , if she will fo 4S, if he fonds it hard to work with Miki comparing to Adam Rippon. He says it's not difficult at all after 2 years. Morozov says that it takes some time but result will come. The reporter asks about next Miki's' Gran pri (NHS) and wishes all the best to Miki and Morozov.
    I made a translation for the whole interview, not just for some little things related to Mao. I think it gives a better idea for understanding.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    IMO, Alissa Czisny deserved better than 4th place. and what's up with Mao's crazy high PCS? Her overall TES is 9th but her PCS is 1st? I really don't get this. Whatever the circumstance may be, I think the judges made some horrible decision.

I agree with your post goPC2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Yep, I think Mao's PCS was fairly, justifiably deserved. There's a 'technical' side to the PCS too, maybe music choice isn't for her but her basic skills and skating quality far outshines many ladies, including Miki Ando! IMO
    I don't think her movement of the body and lines were great there either. And you think jumping is unrelated to PCS that much? So... Basically you are saying that no matter how much you mess up the entire performance by popping the jumps, you can still make up the points in PCS.... That doesn't sound right to me because jumps are the most critical parts of the program. According to that logic, a skater who can't do any triple jump could get on ice, and then end up on the 1st position because she gets tremendously high pcs. Hmmmm.. I really enjoyed Mao's jr years, and I thought she was talented. But receiving such high PCS when she messed up the whole program is not fair to the other ladies, who executed their programs so much better by completing their required elements much more successfully. It was painful to watch Mao on the ice, and it looked to me as though she wanted to run away from the ice. Moreover, her spins were slower than usual, and her spiral looked like she was gonna stop on the ice. Don't forget that she didn't meet the 6 second requirement on her spiral in sp, and she still received that ridiculously high pcs.

............... See, this is what I am talking about. We are talking about Mao's PCS being inflated, and you again have to bring in Yuna. Sigh. Some fans say that Yuna's PCS is inflated, but Yuna always received PCS that is LOWER than her TES. On the other hand, Mao here received PCS that was 18-19 points HIGHER than her TES. So, applying that calculation, since Yuna got 43.80 on her sp TES in France, then she should have gotten around 52 on her PCS, which would make her SP to come to a total of 95. WOW. You think that makes any sense???

In reality, Yuna's PCS in sp was 32.28 with a clean performance, whereas Mao's sp PCS was 28.84 with a fall, and 2 jumps missing.... Not even 4 point difference.

Now, let's look at their LP programs. Yuna missed one flip jump, but everything else was flawless. Her TES was 67.55, and her PCS was 66.40, again her PCS being lower than her TES. I remember reading on this forum that some people were saying that her PCS was too high, since she missed that one jump. On the other hand, Mao missed.... gosh I don't even know how many jumps she missed... She missed more than 5... Her TES was only 40.06, but yet her PCS was 59.28.... HUH???

I am sorry, but I cannot agree with you on "whose score is clearly inflated." With a performance like that, Mao should not have gotten a high PCS such as that, and you really cannot compare Mao and Yuna's PCS on the same level.
    I just feel bad for Miki, Ashley and Alissa, who performaned so much better than Mao. Especially Miki, I respect that she fixed her edge problems, and she is now clearly improving herself tremendously with her fairly new coach. I don't think Miki deserves any less than Mao. When I saw Mao's PCS, I really doubted what I was seeing.

And for your info, Mao also opens her mouth in "O" shape during bells of moscow...........And during her interview, the media praised her to be extremely expressive...
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 10-25-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: merging... *sigh*

Tripping on the Podium
    I just think Mao was very tired (mentally if it is not physically) and october was not a good month for her.
    When it really doesn't work, it doesn't work whether you force it or not.

Personally it's sad that i can't see her at the GPF, but i think it's rather good for her - it gives her more time and less stress.

She might 'wow' us at the olympics (or at the national) with new changes and more confidence.

Btw, congrats to all the ladies who got on the podium!! especially to the (relatively) fresh faces to the int'l podium : )

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast