Pairs' Free | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs' Free

gold12345

Medalist
B/L That was pretty good, except I thought the program was a little dull. Some of their lifts are really nice! She's kind of a weak jumper though. 3T stumble and underrotated and her 2A is really small, too. Only other mistake was a two foot landing on a throw.

101 into 1st

Kinga

Medalist
I am stunned with B/L!!! Many innovative moves.. Pretty lines!
I already prefer young Russian pairs (B/L and I/M) to 'old' ones - M/T and K/S. So much prettier and refined on ice...

PS Werent B/L coached by Artur Dmitriev? I remember that he was coaching a young Russian pair. Anyone knows?

Diva

On the Ice
Seriously, that dismount should be a separate element. Why have I not heard of this team before?

They came in third at Skate America two years ago but then they got suspended because of drug abuse, he took pills to reduce his weight.

life684

Final Flight
I want more spots for Russia at least for Euros :bow: I wanna see K&S, M&T, I&M, M&R and B&L :love:

Martiusheva is too young for senior euros or worlds, but we can surely watch them and other Russians at the nationals.

vera and Yuri can surely challenge I/M for third russian spot.

Diva

On the Ice
I already prefer young Russian pairs (B/L and I/M) to 'old' ones - M/T and K/S. So much prettier and refined on ice...

PS Werent B/L coached by Artur Dmitriev? I remember that he was coaching a young Russian pair. Anyone knows?

Isn't he training Ozerova & Enbert?!

beep_beep

Medalist
They came in third at Skate America two years ago but then they got suspended because of drug abuse, he took pills to reduce his weight.
Wasn't it for a migraine? I heard that it was something that his father also has and he took his medication for it, not knowing it was a banned substance.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Except for the two unfortunate falls by Keanua, I thought she & Rockne did a terrific job! :) Fabulous lifts & spirals & kept up the energy throughout.

Good job by the Americans!:love:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Wasn't it for a migraine? I heard that it was something that his father also has and he took his medication for it, not knowing it was a banned substance.

That's the story Yuri told. That he took that medication without knowing it's on the list of banned substances.

life684

Final Flight

Dmitriev is not coaching B/L, but Liudmila kailinina is. Dmitriev is coaching Ozerova and Enbert, they are pair consistently inconsistent with their performances.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I want more spots for Russia at least for Euros :bow: I wanna see K&S, M&T, I&M, M&R and B&L :love:

Martiusheva is too young to compete at Euros, Olys, Worlds and Rogonov too old for Juniors so they are in limbo this year. I'm afraid this is the only international competition we'll see them this season.. :no:

And with Krasilnikova/Bezmaternikh injured and O/E doing poorly the fight for the 3rd russian spot is goint to be between Bazarova/Larionov and Iliushechkina/Maisuradze

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Love seeing old John Nicks in the K&C, lol.:agree:

And M&B go into 1st place with a score of 99.21. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I had much higher hopes for this Slumdog Millionaire program. Neat transitions, though, but everything else (performance, interpretation) was lacking. Hung on for a medal, but I was really disappointed.