1) My adrenaline went so high seeing Plushenko back on the ice. Loved it all, the excessive wiggling and the arrogance included. Sure there's room for much more in-betweens, but with him, Takahashi and Lambiel back the men's competition is looking a lot like Lillehammer: the newbies vs. the camback kids!
2) Agree with Tracy WIlson about Kozuka- a skater's skater but hee needs a bit of an oomph to get out there.
3) Loved the young Russian guy- Artem!
4) Granny's (sort-of) comeback! She looked amazing, the skating and the hair
5) Miki's first internaional win since 2007 Worlds! She looked much better in practice clips, so here's hoping she'll skate with her 3lz/3lp (to me Miki isn't Miki without it) with more speed across the ice later this season. Her arm movements and positions in the elements looked lovely!
6) Mao's meltdown I'm not gonna write what's been discussed by so many people here, but just a few things. TAT did bring something positive to her. Who would've thought Mao would skate with beautiful arms, expressive face and strong solid balance between upper and lower body a couple of seasons ago? That said, I hope she will get a nice rest, stop being in denial (re: Her interviews), make radical changes (coaching, programs, etc.) get those jumps back. Can she do all these by February? I sure hope so.
7) Discovery of TVU broadcast!!!!!!!!!!!! If only I knew earlier that I can enjoy skating LIVE from Down Under!