Whither Johnny? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Whither Johnny?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
... If he cries winning a grand prix medal, I wonder what he'll do with an Oly one...

I think it will be similar to his joyous meltdown at nationals 2008 when he cried with joy/relief from his final spin all the way to the end... I have a feeling if he skates like that in Vancouver he will be on the podium and he'll be a ball of emotion that just pours out.

seniorita

Record Breaker
What a dream if weir and lambiel all emotional and happy are both on podium!:love: Then we need one more that never cries! I can dream, right?:rolleye:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Spun, I want to talk about Johnny. I do love his fluid lines and I would love to see him win an Oly medal. If he cries winning a grand prix medal, I wonder what he'll do with an Oly one. I think the more I see of his programs the more I may like them. It's not the programs as much as it is the music. I just wish he had spectacular programs like the Swan ( oh how I miss Camille) and Otonal. Otonal still gives me goosebumps.

That year's programmes gave me swanbumps :p

Seriously thoguh i had replied to Spun's original post but didn't have much to say as i haven't as yet watched Johnny's programmes. The only thing i did notice was that NHK he didn't get any "e" or "!" on his flip. So he seemingly has managed to clean up his flip take off in the off season which is extremely good progress.

What a dream if weir and lambiel all emotional and happy are both on podium!:love: Then we need one more that never cries! I can dream, right?:rolleye:

If they both were to medal in Vancouver maybe for the gala they could finally do the pairs routine they worked on but didn't do for Yuna's show?

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
If they both were to medal in Vancouver maybe for the gala they could finally do the pairs routine they worked on but didn't do for Yuna's show?

Ant
then i can die happy:biggrin:
curious though if that would happen, johnny had a youtube interview with his fans in Moscow and when asked who he likes more Plush or Stephan as friend, he said Plush and everybody were shocked, lol!. He explained further and he didnt seem too happy with Lambiel, they seem to have backstage issues.

Wicked

Final Flight
I did not like Johnny's short when I first saw it or at CoR. I liked it much better at NHK. The long I really, really like.

pippa

Rinkside
then i can die happy:biggrin:
curious though if that would happen, johnny had a youtube interview with his fans in Moscow and when asked who he likes more Plush or Stephan as friend, he said Plush and everybody were shocked, lol!. He explained further and he didnt seem too happy with Lambiel, they seem to have backstage issues.

Oh, do share! Did he say what his "backstage" issues with Stephane are? Why did he say he likes Plushy better? Give us some dish!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
please remember not to post gossip or speculate too far... giving alink would really help

psycho

On the Ice
OMG, seriously? Weir didn't diss Lambiel, he said he was "nice too" he is just more friendly with Evgeni because Evgeni is warmer towards him and they are friends. Please let's not start a fan war, the last thing Weir needs is Lambiel ubers after him!

And their "backstage issues" were over their pairs number in Korea. The girls asked Johnny why they didn't do it in the actual show and Johnny said it was because Stephane wanted to be thrown too, and Johnny said he won't throw him because he's bigger than him ( implying he's fat :laugh:) and Stephane said that he won't do it at all then.

I don't have a video but it was on youtube before.

seniorita

Record Breaker
please remember not to post gossip or speculate too far... giving alink would really help
it was not a gossip or a speculation, i said what exactly he said, that there are some backstage stuff you dont wanna know, or something like that, it is johnnys interview with johnny angels in Moscow in his forum and youtube, I m sorry i didnt give link, no intention for fuss, i just didnt think of it.
It was not liked he dissed him anyway or spoke bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWjFMsA4DZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_82U3CE4o

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The only thing i did notice was that NHK he didn't get any "e" or "!" on his flip. So he seemingly has managed to clean up his flip take off in the off season which is extremely good progress.

He still takes off from a fairly obvious outside edge.

It's sad to think about Johnny. I just don't see the originality in his skating that used to be there.

IMO his best program since the last Olympic season was his LP in 2007...and unfortunately he never performed it very well. :frown:

I do still feel bad about what happened to him at 2008 Nationals, though. Completely robbed.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Please let's not start a fan war, the last thing Weir needs is Lambiel ubers after him!
Oh, please. There is no such thing as a Lambiel uber. Because Lambiel actually is the best skater out there (minus that pesky 3A-problem). So that makes his fans very rational people and not ubers :biggrin:.

Just kidding. I think.

My favourite part of the video is where Johnny accuses Stéphane of being French (which, by the way, is a bad thing since when exactly?). Non, non, Monsieur Weir - il n'est pas francais, il est suisse et portugais!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Oh, please. There is no such thing as a Lambiel uber. Because Lambiel actually is the best skater out there (minus that pesky 3A-problem). So that makes his fans very rational people and not ubers :biggrin:.

Just kidding. I think.

My favourite part of the video is where Johnny accuses Stéphane of being French (which, by the way, is a bad thing since when exactly?). Non, non, Monsieur Weir - il n'est pas francais, il est suisse et portugais!

For the first time EVER I enjoyed hearing a Johnny interview. :yes:

And don't worry about the "French" comment - this is an Olympic year and Johnny needs to score points with US Skating ;) :cool: :laugh:

They seek him here, they seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere,

Last edited:

KayMil01

On the Ice
Accused him of being French? lol! but Stephane speaks French, silly! :laugh: Switzerland is near France.

So funny.

Raatkirani

On the Ice
The little interview clips were adorable! I'm impressed with his authentic pronounciations ("Medvedev" for example sounded so proper, certainly not the way I would have said it!).

MissIzzy

Final Flight
He wasn't at the Kaleidescope show last night, with no announcement beforehand, and it's been four days since his Twitter was updated. I'm starting to worry if there's something going on he doesn't want to announce yet.

jennylovskt

Medalist
it was not a gossip or a speculation, i said what exactly he said, that there are some backstage stuff you dont wanna know, or something like that, it is johnnys interview with johnny angels in Moscow in his forum and youtube, I m sorry i didnt give link, no intention for fuss, i just didnt think of it.
It was not liked he dissed him anyway or spoke bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWjFMsA4DZQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_82U3CE4o

Thank you for the link, Seniorita!

In Plushenko thread there are pages and pages about his mullet. What about Johnny's hair? Johnny's hair style is so ugly, much worse than Plushenko's.;)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thank you for the link, Seniorita!

In Plushenko thread there are pages and pages about his mullet. What about Johnny's hair? Johnny's hair style is so ugly, much worse than Plushenko's.;)

It only took a few thousand posts - but finaly I agree with you 100% Jenny :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hey I once had Johnny's haircut... but I had it first, he copied me! :p

and I think it's better than Evan's overly greased back hair (who told him that looked good, anyway? where's the preppy look he sported when he first broke out onto teh scene?)

janetfan

Match Penalty
hey I once had Johnny's haircut... but I had it first, he copied me! :p

and I think it's better than Evan's overly greased back hair (who told him that looked good, anyway? where's the preppy look he sported when he first broke out onto teh scene?)

I agree with you toni - but the greasy hair is necessary to protect his scalp from getting radiation burns during his excessive tanning treatments ;) :laugh:

Last edited: