Thread: Inserts for skaters?

Custom Title

Inserts for skaters?

Hi guys, need some advice!

My husband has started skating again and has noticed that he is skating on an inside edge, although his skates are perfectly aligned. He has no problems holding outside and inside edges in general (eg. consecutive edges), however, he really has to think about forcing his right skate to make it go on a flat edge instead of an inside one. Are there any inserts that he could possibly use to help with this problem?

Thanks.

Rinkside
    I think I have the same problem with my right skate, but I think that's just because I need more ankle support and padding due to very skinny ankles. My skates tear them up unless I have them wrapped and/or padded somehow....

Rinkside
    A company called 'Superfeet' makes a specific insert for skates. However, it is important to visit an experienced boot fitter to mount your blade correctly and determine the need for any kind of orthotic/arch support.

Custom Title
    It's probably pronation. Superfeet yellow insoles for skaters should work, but I agree with rsk8d that he should visit a boot fitter first. Sometimes they take care of it by mounting a small piece of rubber (?) between the boot and blade.

Custom Title
    Thanks, yeah, we'll probably try to have him go see someone about it. But thanks for the advice!