Thread: UR, Prerotation, Full Blade so far

nefertiti..reincarnate

UR, Prerotation, Full Blade so far

According to ISU 1557, there should be some change seen in the protocols concerning the possibility of increasing GOEs to underrotated jumps, and the severer GOEs to prerotation and full-blade take off on toe jumps.

Anyone noticed such change so far?
    I may not have been careful enough to recognize them.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    The new rule was that -GOE is not mandatory for underrotated jumps. The double penalty is still usually handed out, though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    According to ISU 1557, there should be some change seen in the protocols concerning the possibility of increasing GOEs to underrotated jumps,
    We can tell from the protocols where jumps were downgraded by the technical panel but didn't receive all negative GOEs from the judges, as would have been required before this year.

For example, in the ladies' long program in France, Asada's loops and Zhang's salchow and loop that were downgraded received mostly 0 GOEs, and Asada even got a few pluses for those elements.

and the severer GOEs to prerotation and full-blade take off on toe jumps.

Anyone noticed such change so far?
    I may not have been careful enough to recognize them.
    These errors are less common. I'd have to look further for examples.
    I also don't see any changes in ISU Comm. 1557 that would specifically affect these errors. Is there another clarification somewhere?

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Thank you for responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    ...For example, in the ladies' long program in France, Asada's loops and Zhang's salchow and loop that were downgraded received mostly 0 GOEs, and Asada even got a few pluses for those elements.
    I didn't look at the TEB only CoR protocols, I'm ashamed. :o
    Also, I had forgotten that the falls on second jumps are now obligated GOE-2 to 3.
    These made me feel not much change on URs but yes so there were.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I also don't see any changes in ISU Comm. 1557 that would specifically affect these errors. Is there another clarification somewhere?
    It's on the last page "Remarks and clarifications" and explains examples of "poor take-off"s which leads on the list to GOE-1 to -2 but not obligating total GOE to be negative.
    So these should be quite hard to detect on protocols.