Watching skating on TV and online | Golden Skate

Watching skating on TV and online

Raatkirani

On the Ice
I know for most Americans, they can watch skating on icenetwork if they wish to subscribe to it. Also, NBC/Universal Sports will be broadcasting GP events as well.

Is there any place online (preferably here), where there is a comprehensive list of other options to view skating events (such as GP events) online as they are happening? Obviously, you can get clips on Youtube and fsvids soon after the events, but I keep reading about Turkish TV, Chinese TV, Russian TV, a million variations of Eurosport, etc. Honestly, it gets a bit overwhelming and confusing to keep up with all the different channels available! Could someone be kind enough to post the links to skating friendly channels online? Also, do you need to download any special program to view a certain channel? Any channels that offer a free trial for a short period of time? And where to view a schedule as to when the event is to be broadcast?

schiele

Final Flight
I know for most Americans, they can watch skating on icenetwork if they wish to subscribe to it. Also, NBC/Universal Sports will be broadcasting GP events as well.

Is there any place online (preferably here), where there is a comprehensive list of other options to view skating events (such as GP events) online as they are happening? Obviously, you can get clips on Youtube and fsvids soon after the events, but I keep reading about Turkish TV, Chinese TV, Russian TV, a million variations of Eurosport, etc. Honestly, it gets a bit overwhelming and confusing to keep up with all the different channels available! Could someone be kind enough to post the links to skating friendly channels online? Also, do you need to download any special program to view a certain channel? Any channels that offer a free trial for a short period of time? And where to view a schedule as to when the event is to be broadcast?

To watch the OG, EC and WC simply tune into Eurosport at http://www.cool-digitv.net/
its in romanian, which i dont understand either but after a bit shuffeling (and updating Windows media player to latest version) you get Eurosport UK, which usually broadcasts all these events live and you can check their website for schedules.
If Eurosport if not broadcasting it live, download Live TV, go to Turkey and under channels choose TRT 3. It always broadcasts all 3 main events (olympics, euros and worlds) live so simply check when the event is starting and tune in to TRT 3. They almost always start with the first group, at worst with the second group.

For GP, its a bit tricky. You can either try http://www.rutelevision.com/index-en.asp, where you download a programme and get free trial (3 days). The channel you're looking for is NTV+ Sport
Or this Korean live stream works for a lot of ppl at TVU networks:
http://pages.tvunetworks.com/watchTV/index.html#c=80212
You'll need to install the programme and register. Search for figure skating on the left panel.
Unfortunately neither option worked in my computer so I had to fight my way thru icenetwork.

schiele

Final Flight
Thank you so much for all this information! Is Live TV www.livetvcenter.com? I never knew this thing existed. :love:

Actually its this programme http://www.brothersoft.com/live-tv-56011.html
But i think what you found is the web version of it so its also ok I guess.. This should solve your OC, EC and WC problems.
And, for GPs, if none of the links I pasted earlier work (as in my case) and if you're willing to pay some money, what you can do is subscribe to icenetwork and go online and buy yourself an american IP from various sites that offer these. Its risky but it works great and I simply had to watch the GPs so thats what I've done. :cool:

universalsports

Rinkside
Universal Sports TV Schedule as of 11/13/2009

Remainder of Universal Sports TV Schedule for the Grand Prix::

Fri, Nov 13:: 7:30-9:00 PM ET; 9:00-11:00PM ET LIVE
Sat, Nov 14:: 2-3:30 PM ET; 4-5:30 PM ET; 7PM-9 PM ET; 9-11 PM ET
Sun, Nov 15:: 4:30-6PM ET; 7-9PM ET LIVE

Fri, Nov 20:: 10- 11:30 PM ET
Sat, Nov 21:: 5-7PM ET; 10-11PM ET
Sun, Nov 22:: 4-6PM ET

Fri, Dec 4:: 5-7PM ET/ Encore Presentation: 9-11PM ET
Sat, Dec 5:: 5-7PM ET/ Encore Presentation: 9-10PM ET
Sun, Dec 6:: 5-7 PM ET

Here are the events Universal Sports will have until 2013:

• ISU World Figure Skating Championships
• ISU European Figure Skating Championships
• ISU 4 Continents Figure Skating Championships
• ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships (if TV production/signal is available)
• ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships (if TV production/signal is available)
• ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating (excluding the 2009/2010 season online and excluding all Skate America events online)