Asada says "not changing anything" | Golden Skate

Asada says "not changing anything"

jaws12345

Match Penalty
In the post-Rostelecom press conference, Asada made it clear to the reporters that she is not planning on any major changes to her programs. She said she and her coach Tatiana Tarasova had a meeting after the event and while her coach was not sure about keeping the program music, Asada insisted to continue with it because she likes her music choices. She added that there will be no change to the three-3As in an event plan either. "Now I have found my direction, I would like to prepare well for the Japanese National," she said.

Source:
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/flash/KFullFlash20091025139.html?feature=related

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Congrats on throwing away your chance at the Gold medal.

Your plan for the Olympics better include whacking Yu-Na on the knee because, otherwise, you're out.

cima

Spectator
So she decided to keep both of her short and long programs, as well as her three 3As...What a risky decision she has made :no: but there're still 4 months left for her to change her mind. I hope she faces the reality soon. :disapp:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I guess this means no Caprice. Just when I had my hopes up. I hope that Mao is right and that she is not discouraged. Maybe we will all be laughing about this panic come March.

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Is it true that JPF originally planned to determine 3 ladies for the Olympic team based on the GPF results?

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Is it true that JPF originally planned to determine 3 ladies for the Olympic team based on the GPF results?

Not quite. 1 slot will fill up with the GPF (which I'm assuming, at this rate, will go to Miki). 1 other will fill up with the National Champ (or runner-up if that happens to be the same skater as the best-placing Japanese skater at the GPF), and the final spot will go to the person deemed the next best based on holistic judgment of the entire season (though I'm sure previous seasons will influence the decision, if only subconsciously).

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
:banging:

This is probably THE stupidest move I've seen by a skater since Caroline switched to Charlene Wong.

gourry

Final Flight
Not even a program change??
Why, why, why??? WHY????:no:

See, I think this is partly because of her high PCS. Because they tried to soothe her by giving pity PCS, team Mao thinks there is nothing wrong with her programs thus no need to change them. It just reinforced her to keep persuing three 3As. Ughrrrrr...

herro

On the Ice
Guys, I think we're losing faith here.

Whatever Mao wants to do, I just hope that she doesn't regret it.

Let's just have faith and believe in her capabilities to skate marvelously. I'm sure she'll train her butt off over the next couple of months. I'm expecting to see a different Mao by nationals and Vancouver.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but I think that she needs to do something especially with the triple axel in the short program. I ithink it is to much of a risk for her. It is really unfortunate what happened to her at COR. Well she will have alot of training time since she will not advance to the GPF

skate4ever

Rinkside
In the post-Rostelecom press conference, Asada made it clear to the reporters that she is not planning on any major changes to her programs. She said she and her coach Tatiana Tarasova had a meeting after the event and while her coach was not sure about keeping the program music, Asada insisted to continue with it because she likes her music choices. She added that there will be no change to the three-3As in an event plan either. "Now I have found my direction, I would like to prepare well for the Japanese National," she said.

Okay, that means Mao has a gut feeling that she can fix everything in a couple of months. I respect that.

But at the end of this season, I really hope that she and Tarasova can part as friends and Mao hire someone like Midori Ito as her coach and a professional choreographer. Midori knows how to jump and how it is to perform under pressure. Besides, Midori looks like a very nice person (not to insinuate that Tarasova isn't), they will both be in Japan and have no problem communicating. Mao can fine-tune her artistry with a new choreographer.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I mean, given that she has 2 months until nationals, let's hope that: (a) she can make DRASTIC changes; (b) if that doesn't work, that they'll change the program layout; and (c) if that doesn't happen the JSF will stage an intervention (i love/hate how "intervention" seems so natural in that context; it's like she has a drug problem or something!).

Remember that Shizuka also had less-than-stellar results in the GP series, not making it to the Final. Though I realize that Shizuka wasn't in such poor condition in the GP Series, I think things are still possible.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I personally think it's a mistake not to change at least the sp to Caprice, let alone a major overhaul on her lp.

However, it's her life. I do hope at least she is willing to listen to her funs, majority of whom want to see her in light, happy programs.

herro

On the Ice
We really do have to respect her decision.

I mean, she has her pride on the line too. I think she wants to prove to us that she can pull this type of music off and that she can regroup and come back strong. If she is able to do so, her possible medal at Vancouver will seem even more sweet and victorious, even if it's not gold or silver.

gourry

Final Flight
We really do have to respect her decision.

I mean, she has her pride on the line too. I think she wants to prove to us that she can pull this type of music off and that she can regroup and come back strong. If she is able to do so, her possible medal at Vancouver will seem even more sweet and victorious, even if it's not gold or silver.

I understand. But really does she have to prove it by doing TWO ponderous, powerful, repetitive programs in one season? I think one is enough....

herro

On the Ice
I understand. But really does she have to prove it by doing TWO ponderous, powerful, repetitive programs in one season? I think one is enough....

Oh haha, sorry I didn't mean to come off so demanding and bossy.

I mean I agree with you inside. I wish she would make some changes. But since I've heard that she's not planning on any drastic changes, I have come to accept her decision and just have faith in her choice.

I just want her to skate well and for the Olympics to be as exciting as possible.

:agree:

gourry

Final Flight
Oh haha, sorry I didn't mean to come off so demanding and bossy.

I mean I agree with you inside. I wish she would make some changes. But since I've heard that she's not planning on any drastic changes, I have come to accept her decision and just have faith in her choice.

I just want her to skate well and for the Olympics to be as exciting as possible.

:agree:

Oh! You were not demanding or bossy at all.
It's just... I've been really excited about Mao's new SP idea for last couple of days. And now this news just broke my heart... That's all.
Yeah, since she already made her decision I'd better respect it and support her. But it just doesn't seem like very smart strategy to me. *sigh*

suosuo

Rinkside
I mean, given that she has 2 months until nationals, let's hope that: (a) she can make DRASTIC changes; (b) if that doesn't work, that they'll change the program layout; and (c) if that doesn't happen the JSF will stage an intervention (i love/hate how "intervention" seems so natural in that context; it's like she has a drug problem or something!).

Remember that Shizuka also had less-than-stellar results in the GP series, not making it to the Final. Though I realize that Shizuka wasn't in such poor condition in the GP Series, I think things are still possible.

I see it is more like a Miki Ando situation:cry: