Arakawa and Buttle should come back!! | Golden Skate

Arakawa and Buttle should come back!!

russell30

Final Flight
Shizuka Arakawa and Jeff Buttle need to come back to compete at Vancouver, they are skating really well, Jeff looked brilliant at Japan Open and Shizuka has kept all of her technical armoury. I am sure they would both medal at Vancouver.

Not sure on Jeff but has Shizuka lost her eligibility though?

lcd

Match Penalty
Oh to dream. Would be wonderful to see Buttle. Too late to re-instate though, no?

janetfan

Match Penalty
Shizuka Arakawa and Jeff Buttle need to come back to compete at Vancouver, they are skating really well, Jeff looked brilliant at Japan Open and Shizuka has kept all of her technical armoury. I am sure they would both medal at Vancouver.

Not sure on Jeff but has Shizuka lost her eligibility though?

Shiz seems to have a very nice career going and although I think she could skate circles around most of today's ladies (including japanese ladies) she is probably wise to remain forever "Olympic Champion" in the eyes of so many of her fans and the Japanese media and public.

Why tarnish a "golden" reputation and legacy with a defeat in Vancouver?
And she has spent so many years training now seems like a time to enjoy it and move on . Glad Michelle is going to school and moving on as well.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Shizuka's jumps didn't look as strong last I saw. She hasn't been training competitively and I don't think she wants to.

Jeff, on the other hand, DID look pretty competitive still...although he didn't perform the 3Axel. TBH, I think Jeff dislikes the 3Axel and has little interest in training it again. He had the skate of his life at 2008 Worlds and was lucky to land his 3Axels in both the SP and LP. It's not something we can really ask of him to repeat - he has never been consistent with that jump.