Plushenko: Return of the King | Golden Skate

Plushenko: Return of the King

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three and a half years after his last international competition, the Olympic Winter Games, the Russian proved that he is truly back. After his dynamic "Tango Amore" free skate (which included a quad-triple toeloop combination, two triple Axels and four other clean triples), ... [More]

merrybari

Final Flight
An insightful article. He's very aware of what lies ahead and that he has work to do. Will be good for everyone else in the field to have him pushing them to ever greater achievement. Whatever the result, all will be better for the striving.

Ximena

Final Flight
That was a very nice article thanks for posting it. In the press conference he did mention all the work he has to do and it's a very good thing that he, as his team know that they can not just sit back and say "well that was enough".

I like the idea of the sequence he is planning to do, but I do worry that, if I recall correctly, jumps sequence do not have the value of step sequences, but I was wondering is that is his way to manage to include to two quads, two triple axels and two lutz in his FS. He can do that right?

Thanks again for the article it was very nice.

I like the idea of the sequence he is planning to do, but I do worry that, if I recall correctly, jumps sequence do not have the value of step sequences, but I was wondering is that is his way to manage to include to two quads, two triple axels and two lutz in his FS. He can do that right?

He could not do three jumps twice each. If he put the Lutz and the flip together in a sequence (scored at 80%) he would lose 2.3 points compared to doing them each separately, not counting second half bonus..

But if he used the extra jumping pass for a second quad, he would gain 9.8 points, so that would still put him 7.5 to the good overall.

Plus, a 3Lz/half loop/3F would be so cool. Has it ever been done before? If Plushenko came out with 4T+3T, 4T, 3A+2T, 3A, 3Lz+3F seq, he could just walk off the ice at that point and claim his gold medal.

Or...he could finish up with 4S, 3Lo, 3S and score the first 300 point competition. :)

nubka said:
So Plushy reads the boards...interesting!

I wonder if he has read all 1459 posts on our Plushy thread. :)

merrybari

Final Flight
He could not do three jumps twice each. If he put the Lutz and the flip together in a sequence (scored at 80%) he would lose 2.3 points compared to doing them each separately, not counting second half bonus..

But if he used the extra jumping pass for a second quad, he would gain 9.8 points, so that would still put him 7.5 to the good overall.

Plus, a 3Lz/half loop/3F would be so cool. Has it ever been done before? If Plushenko came out with 4T+3T, 4T, 3A+2T, 3A, 3Lz+3F seq, he could just walk off the ice at that point and claim his gold medal.

Or...he could finish up with 4S, 3Lo, 3S and score the first 300 point competition. :)

Mathman - you sure live up to your "name!" I'm glad SOMEONE can figure all that stuff out. You should offer yourself as a " how to get the most points" consultant! :bow:

seniorita

Record Breaker
great article, really thanx:clap:
i would love if he introduced the axel-flip sequence, it is so cool watching it:cool:
now i would be really embarassed if he had read the 1500 posts nonsense there:eek:
thank mmm for analysis:bow:

Noondarkly

Rinkside
Thank you for this- and Mathman, thank you for your math!!!! amazing!
I know that Plush will like to include something else than only jumps. But it's good to have the jumps, too! At 27, he is doing pretty damn well!

As for him reading the message boards, some of the posts in the big thread would have saddened or hurt him for sure. I hate to think about it. :( And yet people continue to bash him. He is working hard for his results and he wishes to work some more. If nothing else, this effort alone should be praised.

But, aside, unhappy thoughts.
I love the title of the thread, thank you for that, also. :)

:clap:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Mathman you are becoming as popular as Evgeni in Moscow :D

I thik that he have some people, who read for him few forums ;)

If so:
Plushy welcome back:), thank you for the amazing Rostel experience, stay healthy and please please please cut your hair shorter:p

Nadine

Record Breaker
Excellent article by GS! :thumbsup:

Lol, so he reads the boards & is just as tough mentally as Elvis Stojko, no surprise there. :)

Evgeni, the ending of your LP at Rostelecom Cup is my all-time favorite, I watch it at least once a day. Seriously, that part gives me chills, wherein you point your #1 finger at the judges, then yourself, and skate around in victory. It's the image that pops up in my head at least once a day. Seriously. Thank you.:bow:

Pre used to do that. It's called self-confidence, knowing you can do anything you set your mind to.

Evgeni has laid down the gauntlet, it is now up to his competitors to answer in kind, to make it one for the ages. They can try to beat him, but they're going to have to bleed to do so.

:love::party2:GOOOOOOOOO EVGENI PLUSHENKO!!!!!!!!!! :love::party:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Plus, a 3Lz/half loop/3F would be so cool. Has it ever been done before?

I don't think it has!

Annoying how CoP doesn't give full credit to these kinds of combinations. A 3Lutz/3Flip combination is definitely harder than a regular 3Lutz/3Toe, but it will score lower. :sheesh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Last edited: