Evan's Thoughts on Olympic Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evan's Thoughts on Olympic Season

janetfan

Match Penalty
Evan will debut his new programs in China. If you ever have chance to meet him in person, you'll know that he's indeed a very sweet, intellegent and polite young man. :rock:

Here's a great article with many interesting updates about his programs, mindset and training, I really enjoy reading it. :thumbsup:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/280271-world-title-not-a-burden-at-all-for-lysacek

Wish him a very successful Olympic journey. :clap:

Thanks for the link. That was a very enjoyable article.
Funny to hear about him teaching Mirai how to drive - and in her recent video interview she speaks very highly of Evan.

Good luck at COC Evan!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it was toni who mentioned she was glad to see Evan looking ahead and let's hope Weir will conduct himself in a positive, mature manner as well this season.

yes I did, as a fan of Evan it became increasingly difficult to ignore the digs he threw at Johnny... even though I might have agreed. The petty bickering between the two was annoying.

but in Evan's defense - he was gracious to Johnny at nationals 2008 and they were actually laughing with each other on the podium. I was there. I booed right along with the crowd when the scores came up, and I was very happy to see them getting along...

the last two seasons they've been pretty good about keeping their mouths shut about each other... and now I've heard they've buried the hatchet... intent on focussing on their skating... not the media's idea on their rivalry. :rock: our boys have grown up

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In Evan's defense - he was gracious to Johnny at nationals 2008 and they were actually laughing with each other on the podium. I was there. I booed right along with the crowd when the scores came up, and I was very happy to see them getting along...

the last two seasons they've been pretty good about keeping their mouths shut about each other... and now I've heard they've buried the hatchet... intent on focusing on their skating... not the media's idea on their rivalry. :rock: our boys have grown up

:rock: :) :clap:

I hated the way the media played up the rivalry (yes, I'm talking about you, NBC). I like both Evan and Johnny and want to see them both do well this season and beyond. Let's focus on the skating, media!

merrybari

Final Flight
Thanks for the link. That was a very enjoyable article.
Funny to hear about him teaching Mirai how to drive - and in her recent video interview she speaks very highly of Evan.

Good luck at COC Evan!

Absolutely agree! :agree:

merrybari

Final Flight
Thanks merrybari for your nice thoughts.
Was wondering - has Evan shown his new programs yet this season, or will the debut be at COC?

You're welcome - and thanks right back! :) So far as I know, he will debut both at Cup of China - excepet for those lucky enough to see it during training.

merrybari

Final Flight
Evan will debut his new programs in China. If you ever have chance to meet him in person, you'll know that he's indeed a very sweet, intellegent and polite young man. :rock:

Here's a great article with many interesting updates about his programs, mindset and training, I really enjoy reading it. :thumbsup:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/280271-world-title-not-a-burden-at-all-for-lysacek

Wish him a very successful Olympic journey. :clap:

Thanks for the link! Great read. What an intelligent young man with a great support team too. Fun to imagine him and Mirai together behind the wheel. Kind of like big brother to little sister. :clap:

You are absolutely right on with what you said re: meeting him. He is all that for sure as I've been blessed to find out for myself as you have. :agree:

Wicked

Final Flight
Didn't Johnny recently say when asked about Evan, "I have a warm relationship with Evan." I thought I read that somewhere. I think this rivalry has been buried.

merrybari

Final Flight
Didn't Johnny recently say when asked about Evan, "I have a warm relationship with Evan." I thought I read that somewhere. I think this rivalry has been buried.

Rivalry has turned to mutual respect. :clap: Hope the media - and the forums - let it Rest In Peace!