Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Junior Grand Prix Final (December 3-6, Tokyo)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    ^^ In terms of unpredictability?
    Mostly the way the Sr GP competitors have been stumbling all over, falling, and popping jumps, maybe it's the Jr's that will manage to keep their feet under them. Anyway, I always like to see the future talent coming along and who I'm likely to be seeing in Sochi. Even when they make mistakes, I usually smile rather than grimace like I do for the Srs.

I think except for pairs gold (likely the Chinese), the Jr GP podium spots are wide open. I find predicting the Sr GP final somewhat easier--though as my Fantasy Skating picks attest to, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Mostly the way the Sr GP competitors have been stumbling all over, falling, and popping jumps, maybe it's the Jr's that will manage to keep their feet under them. Anyway, I always like to see the future talent coming along and who I'm likely to be seeing in Sochi. Even when they make mistakes, I usually smile rather than grimace like I do for the Srs.

I think except for pairs gold (likely the Chinese), the Jr GP podium spots are wide open. I find predicting the Sr GP final somewhat easier--though as my Fantasy Skating picks attest to, I could be wrong.
    I think ladies is pretty predictable. Baga and Murakami who have a lead in the short program. But unless Baga really gets some more technical content, Polina Shelepen will certainly out jump her by a lot in the long. Murakami will still likely win as long as she skates clean though.

Custom Title
    I wouldn't be surprised to see more skaters than just Baga & Murakami beat Polina in the SP, only to have Polina beat everyone in the LP (maybe even Murakami if she's not on - but Murakami is my bet to take the whole thing). It could change if she adds the 3-3 in the SP, but she might not want to risk that.

Hanyu has to be the favorite for the men considering his point totals this season. Miner is also a big favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see more skaters than just Baga & Murakami beat Polina in the SP, only to have Polina beat everyone in the LP (maybe even Murakami if she's not on - but Murakami is my bet to take the whole thing). It could change if she adds the 3-3 in the SP, but she might not want to risk that.

Hanyu has to be the favorite for the men considering his point totals this season. Miner is also a big favorite.
    That's what I'm thinking. That is unless Polina gets higher PCS and GOE for her jumps or does a 3/3 in the short..But Polina will have difficulty some with that because she lips and the flip is the required solo jump in the short.

She might be able to even beat a decently skating Murakami in the long. Because Polina does attempt more technical content than her. But the PCS should rightfully go to Murakami.

I know everyone is talking about Murakami and Baga. But at this point I actually think Polina may have more potential in the long term. She may not be as polished as the other two skaters, but she actually has all of her triples something that cannot be said for either (I believe Murakami wasn't attempting a loop) better technique on her jumps too. People were commenting on how her 3toe (in her double axel/3toe looked like literally a 2toe) Baga really needs to get more triples or she'll be the American Lepisto. Baga is young though.

I think it will be easier to polish up Polina...This being said, she better get some more polish considering her competition coming up.
    Last edited by bekalc; 11-23-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Custom Title
    I don't like using point totals except as a general indicator due to differences across technical and judging panels. Though head-to-head comparisons per competition are probably indicative. However, anything can happen.

I predict that the Tokyo location of the JGPF is going put extra pressure on Hanyu and Murakami, it will rattle them, they won't skate close to clean, and some of the other mens and ladies will therefore have an opportunity to step up and walk through this open door.

Custom Title
    Polina will compete this week at Russian cup, so we will see in what shape she is now... And I think she will put 3-3 in the SP, it's not too difficult for her or too risky

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Polina will compete this week at Russian cup, so we will see in what shape she is now... And I think she will put 3-3 in the SP, it's not too difficult for her or too risky
    Shelepen Scored 60.78 in her sp at 4th stage of Russia cup;According Fsonline, Polina landed a 3-3 in her sp and scored 37.70 for her TES, and further more she did not receive and bonus points hence is compareable to her jgp events. Her Pcs was 23.08 (20.34 in minsk, 20.68 in Budapest).

Even if Polina's score was inflated in PCS, the scores are still very Impressive and put her in contention for lead after the SP, or atleast not too far from leaders.
    Last edited by life684; 11-26-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Shelepen Scored 60.78 in her sp at 4th stage of Russia cup;According Fsonline, Polina landed a 3-3 in her sp and scored 37.70 for her TES, and further more she did not receive and bonus points hence is compareable to her jgp events. Her Pcs was 23.08 (20.34 in minsk, 20.68 in Budapest).

Even if Polina's score was inflated in PCS, the scores are still very Impressive and put her in contention for lead after the SP, or atleast not too far from leaders.
    Just read she did 3Lz-3T With -1 GOE, but still... Way to go

any video ?)

Does anyone know why shelepen WD from the competition? is she injured?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by raress View Post
    Does anyone know why shelepen WD from the competition? is she injured?
    No, her coach decided that it will be enough to skate only SP because they changed some elements and wanted to show it to the judges. Her LP is the same

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    No Shelepen in JGF? Why?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    No Shelepen in JGF? Why?
    She'll be at the JGPF. It's the Russia Cup in Moscow she withdrew from.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4