Mystic River | Golden Skate

Mystic River

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
REALLY, REALLY GREAT! Probably the best movie I have seen this year. Great acting - Sean Penn is amazing. Great directing by Clint Eastwood and music as well! The whole cast turned in a great performance. Powerful movie!

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Ladskater,

Thanks for the review. I've heard incredible things about this movie and can't wait to see it. I've really loved Sean Penn since "I Am Sam". He was exceptional in that role and proved he could do a variety of roles.

CartDi

Rinkside
I really liked this movie too. I've been a fan of Sean Penn for a long time now. I'm not a huge fan of Tim Robbins, but I thought he did really well in that movie. Even Kevin Bacon had something good going on in that movie, heh. There was this one part towards the end, where Jimmy's wife is kind of giving him this little speech... I thought that was totally irrelevant! What was that? :laugh:

April

Rinkside
Read the Book Too

I haven't seen the movie. The book is a great read. I am sure the movie left out "pieces" of the book. Also, the book left me thinking, in chills, and withdrawn. Did the movie have the same effect? Its such a classic read like the Thorn Birds. The authors very clever w/ the plot too. Please read it if you guys get a chance. You will not be able to put it down.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I thought Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, and Marcia Gay Hardin were amazing. Great movie. Doesn't leave you with a warm fuzzy, but it was excellent. I heard the book was even better.

Funny watching Sean Penn - I kept thinking, 'That's the guy that almost ran me over the other day!' I was running and came to a cross street where a guy in an SUV was waiting to turn. He was looking to his right, and I was on his left. I wasn't going to run in front of him until I knew he saw me so I waited. Just as he was about to make his turn, he checked his left side to make sure no one was coming. He saw me, kind of jumped when he saw someone, and let me go. I ran in front of the car, gave him a thank you wave, and realized I was waving to Sean Penn picking his daughter up from school. Put a smile on my face that day.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Verbalgirl77:

That was a Lady MacBeth moment! It was sort of "over the top." Anyway, the rest of the movie was great.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
tharrtell:

You saw Sean Penn? Wow! That was an exciting moment! I would have probably done the same thing!

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Lad,

I did. I'm not one to be starstruck, but I am a fan. He lives in a small town in Marin County - just north over the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. Lovely area. I run and ride there often. I'm also a fan of Robin Williams - loved him since Mork & Mindy - and I've run into him at a bike shop in SF a few times. I couldn't have said anything if I'd wanted to! (With him, I am starstruck.) This area isn't like LA (thank goodness), but there are a few of the smart ones are up here;)

tharrtell

CartDi

Rinkside
I am in Marin County frequently and have yet to see Sean Penn. I'm not going to ask you what school his daughter goes to, because you probably wouldn't tell me, privacy reasons, hmm? Hehe. I HAVE seen Robin Williams though! At a cafe in SF's Richmond district, which is where he lives.