Thread: COMBO- Sequence( Maybe give the americans a chance)

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar

COMBO- Sequence( Maybe give the americans a chance)

I think the Americans should drop the 3/3 combos in favor of a 3/3 sequence; If they do it in the second half they would barely loose any points on it and it will make it easier to do a 7 triple program; I think such a strategy could help Miki and Mao also; I think a 3loop - 3flip sequence would get ratified before there 3/3 combo would.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    A 3Loop-3Flip sequence is very difficult and doesn't maximize points out anyway, thanks to the dumb way in which CoP looks at sequences. (btw, I consider a "Jump, half-loop, Jump" to be a combination, not a sequence...another distinction CoP doesn't make)

Doing a Double Axel in sequence with a Triple is more effective under CoP.

Though easier than a 3F-3T or 3Z-3T, 2A-3T is still a little risky. It's hard to get the 3T fully rotated if there's not a lot of flow coming out of the 2A. However, a 2A-2A sequence might be pretty do-able for a lot of the American ladies, and it's potentially a pretty good point getter. Caroline, who instance, does her 3Z-2T as a second combo and gets -1.5 GOE for the flutz. Why not just do a solo 3Z, and do a 2A-2A seq instead. She can do a 2A from stand-still anyway, so doing two in a sequence should be no problem.

Wagner's doing 3F-2A sequence which helps her max out her jump passes

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Wagner's program doesn't max out her points. I wonder if the 2A-2T she did at Cup of Russia was supposed to be a 2A-3T, though. That would make sense.

Although, even if that is the case, it doesn't really make sense for her to do a 3F into 2A .... doing 3F-2Lo-2Lo would be worth more points and it's a combination she has done in the past.

I wonder how consistently she can do 2A-3T if that's what the intent is, though. Her 2A actually seems to be her weakest jump.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Wagner's program doesn't max out her points. I wonder if the 2A-2T she did at Cup of Russia was supposed to be a 2A-3T, though. That would make sense.

Although, even if that is the case, it doesn't really make sense for her to do a 3F into 2A .... doing 3F-2Lo-2Lo would be worth more points and it's a combination she has done in the past.

I wonder how consistently she can do 2A-3T if that's what the intent is, though. Her 2A actually seems to be her weakest jump.
    But if here 2A -3t is constantly getting downgraded; she would get more points from a 3T -2A sequence ; if you do a sequece and get only 80% of the base Value the skater only loses 2pts but if you get downgraded you lose 4pts plus -GOE; So I think it would be safer and worth more to do a sequence aka Joanie Rochette than risk a downgrade when you don't have a reliable combination

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Though easier than a 3F-3T or 3Z-3T, 2A-3T is still a little risky. It's hard to get the 3T fully rotated if there's not a lot of flow coming out of the 2A. However, a 2A-2A sequence might be pretty do-able for a lot of the American ladies, and it's potentially a pretty good point getter. Caroline, who instance, does her 3Z-2T as a second combo and gets -1.5 GOE for the flutz. Why not just do a solo 3Z, and do a 2A-2A seq instead. She can do a 2A from stand-still anyway, so doing two in a sequence should be no problem.

You are living in a parallel universe, she can hardly do one...She has not enough spring in her jumps, until she works on that, no way she can even dream of that