Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pairs SP 7:45 Eastern Time Friday

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Welcome back, Shen and Zhao!

(Haven't seen anything yet....)

Custom Title
    Shen Zhao didnt disappoint us!!!

an excellent program,,, although I can tell they were still a bit nervous,,,,,considering it was their 1st competition in recent 2 years,,it was good enough!

they can do it better,,,,give them a bit time....

Go go go............Shen Zhao!!!! who wants to live forever!!!

Medalist
    Welcome back S/Z

I just can hardly believe they can keep sooo good shape, really moved after watching their program

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ituriel View Post
    Vocals must be allowed
    I second that.. At least in pairs, it would make a considerable difference..

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I don't follow Pairs very closely, but I am so happy for Shen and Zhao!!!

That was a great performance.

In total awe by Shen&Zhao, it's so great to see them compete again, and in such a good shape. I expect that they'll get even better as the season advances. The twist was soooo high, as if she was a feather! I was surprise to see that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
    In total awe by Shen&Zhao, it's so great to see them compete again, and in such a good shape. I expect that they'll get even better as the season advances. The twist was soooo high, as if she was a feather! I was surprise to see that.
    See that was why I said they even got better. They were not just trying to come back, they wanted to surpass themselves, and I believe they can do it! I'm just so happy to see them back. That twist I would consider as illustration of an expression: The sky is the limit

Hongbo looked nevers before the program though Xue is just exquisite!
    Last edited by hongligl; 10-30-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Custom Title
    Xue has the heart of a warrier though, I think that makes a big difference. She always conquers the occasion. It's so important in pairs for the woman to be very tough, because the man has so much responsibility.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan

Banned
    S/Z were great!!! Hope they can sustain till Vancouver!
    I/M were absolutely robbed. Should have been at least 3 points ahead of V/M.
    Whata disaster for Z/Z. WTH????

Custom Title
    Chime in on the Shen/Zhao praise. I'm very happy to see them back. It's hard to believe that they are already 37 and 30 (Shen will be 31 in two weeks) and have left the competitive field for two years! I love the opening twist, so high, so confident. There were some little problems here and there, but they are understandable since it was just their first performance and Shen hurt her ankle a few days ago (she claimed it's fine though). I agree with others that the music is so so but I don't really care as their performance still stood out. I hope the best for them. Above all, please stay healthy!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    Ilushechkina/ Maisuradze.Yesterday by the Beatles.
    Nice sbs 3T, nice death spiral at last, 3L throw huge, 3 twist, good sbs spin, bravo! I wish she had dress on, it looks a bit awkward in the pants. She smiles a lot, it's nice. Wonderful lifts, she is so short. Don't look that juniorish at all! Well done. no applause almost!!WHY?
    62.54. Into 2nd place.
    She is amazing. Wow. I little russian ballerina. I don't get the choice of "Yesterday" for such a young team and the weird costumes, but the pants show off her line. I can't wait for Sochi. Looks like the Russian pair's domination is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Elizabeth View Post
    I kind of agree with you at this point. IT's strange to see all these pairs skating to pop songs. But all these war horses are esy going things as well. I would not want to see another Carmen out there. Hotel California is better for me.
    I guess everybody is picking american/western style music for Vancover. Just like everybody was skating to Puccini for Torino. Silly, because the judges are not all canadian.
    Last edited by Tinymavy15; 10-31-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Out for drinks with Miki, Carolina, and Kira!
    S/Z's programs were just spine-tingling good...even my sister who doesn't usually watch pairs were just in awe!

That being said, who was the judge who gave them 6's in PCS? Look at the third judge--ridiculous. I would say maybe its the Ukrainian (most likely) or Russian judge.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shirley View Post
    S/Z's programs were just spine-tingling good...even my sister who doesn't usually watch pairs were just in awe!

That being said, who was the judge who gave them 6's in PCS? Look at the third judge--ridiculous. I would say maybe its the Ukrainian (most likely) or Russian judge.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf
    some of the judges are just ridiculous,,,,,, dont know if they are blind or what....

In TEB, some judge even gave SS 8.0 on interpretation,,,,,,

I have no good words for those people,,who are apparently more like politicians than judges

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5