Warm Up Group One
1 Bingwa GENG CHN
Music: Meditation Religieuse by Jules Massenet
2 Binshu XU CHN
Music: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (soundtrack) by Michel Legrand
3 Yan LIU CHN
Music: The Impossible Dream by Enrique
4 Diane SZMIETT CAN
Music: Maria (from "West Side Story") by Leonard Bernstein performed by Joshua Bell
5 Beatrisa LIANG USA
Music: El Tango de Roxanne (from Moulin Rouge soundtrack
6 Mirai NAGASU USA
Music: Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer
Fragile Dreams by Joe Hisiashi
He's a Pirate (from Pirates of the Caribbean) by Klaus Badelt and Hans Zimmer

Warm-Up Group Two
7 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
Music: Andalcia by Bill Whelan
Fire Dance by Bill Whelan
8 Fumie SUGURI JPN
Music: Orchestral Suite No. 3 "Air" by Johann Sebastian Bach
Toccata and Fugue by Johann Sebastian Bach
9 Kiira KORPI FIN
Music: Caravan by Ikuko Kawai
10 Rachael FLATT USA
Music: Sing, Sing, Sing by Louis Prima
11 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN
Music: La Cumparsita by Gerardo Hernando Matos Rodriguez
12 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
Music: Nocturne No. 20 by Frederic Chopin
Violin Concerto by Peter I. Tchaikovski

enlight78

Medalist
I just curious how many north americans gonna wake up early or stay up all night to see the ladies short live

I just curious how many north americans gonna wake up early or stay up all night to see the ladies short live

No, but it's really cool to wake up Saturday morning and read through the play-by-play on this board. It's just as exciting to me as seeing it!

(Um, somebody will be doing play-by-play, right? Pretty please? Some of our contributors from Asia?)

Trewyn

Medalist
I have school during Ladies and Men :s. I'll just be able to check the score.. or watch without music; but what's the fun in that!

enlight78

Medalist
I have school during Ladies and Men :s. I'll just be able to check the score.. or watch without music; but what's the fun in that!

I guess it is better than working and knowing you have to wait anxiously for eight hours before know how you favorite skater perform.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'll try to do the dance (at least the OD)
and maybe the pairs. I so want to see the return of Shen and Zhao :love:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I guess this is 3:55 eastern time? Being on the west coast it is not that late (or should I say early) but it will be dawn by the time the final ladieis get on the ice. No, not styaing up for this one.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
dorispulaski

Thank you for the information!
I shall see if I can stay awake, but I doubt it. :biggrin:

By the way, about CaroK skating last.... again.
I really feel for her.
That ISU ranking has put her in an awkward spot yet again, skating after the gold medal favorite.
Of course it wouldn't matter as much, if she were skating half decent.

Also they'd better have fixed her SP dress!

Trewyn

Medalist
I guess it is better than working and knowing you have to wait anxiously for eight hours before know how you favorite skater perform.

Yes! Infinitely better; if Ashley were in this competition, I'd skip class altogether ;). One of the liberties you have as a student... Hmm sometimes I think I have to reconsider my plan to start working next year... But then again, I can't study forever. *sigh*

sk8indel

On the Ice
I may be able to do part of the ladies short play by play and some of the long as well. Depends what time I get out of school but I'll try.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Well, I'm happy that the times for PST are not as bad as last week. Seriously, it took me almost a week to recover from having stayed up from 12:00AM-10:00AM or so, for both Friday & Saturday. Even had to cancel one of my meetings due to sleep deprivation, kinda like jet lag, lol.:biggrin: Still, I would honestly do it all over again for my two fav skaters ~ Mao Asada & Evgeni Plushenko. I did it for Mao at TEB & for the both of them at Rostelecom Cup.:thumbsup:

For Cup of China, I'm willing to stay up late for OD, Ladies, Men, that's it. No pulling an all-nighter this time, no way!:eek: I'm curious to see how the American Ladies do, and also all the Men, as I haven't kept up with them since Evgeni Plushenko left the competitive scene back in 2006. Lol, but that has all changed since his return!:bow: He's made it exciting & adrenaline pumping again, so I'm anxious to see his competitors. :)

:love:GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE COMPETITORS!:love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm going to wait till this is on-demand to watch it...I need to get up at 7:45 for the pairs since S&Z are first to skate.

Hope someone watches it...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting that pic, cornell08! All three American Ladies look superb! :)

:love:GOOOOOOOOOOOO BEBE, MIRAI, RACHAEL!!!!!!!!!!:love:

And everybody else too. ;)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good luck to the ladies. GO Joannie, Fumie, Rachael, Bebe and Mirai!!

amateur

Final Flight
I am somehow up :eek:, and I plan to watch it all now and I'll do PbP. Hope to get the jumps right without commentary to aid me (watching on skatebuzz.com)

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This North American fan will be up all night - the dedicated skating fan that I am.

TCAngel18

Medalist
i picked the wrong time to be up, lol...and i dont think im gonna make it to shen/zhao although that is the premier program to watch