Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 319

Thread: Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday

  1. #181
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    406
    i thought mirai UR her jumps--half the rotation on the ice, same as pre-Carroll. i like her skating, like her, and prefer her to everybody but caro in this competition but i don't see how her jumps were clean whereas suguri's jumps were given such a low score.

    agree w/ medusa on expression and spark between mirai and akiko--akiko made her program sing. mirai just got through hers. however akiko's posture bothers me. it's like she's too horizontal on the ice. and will mirai please please please fix her layback--the back is too far back, the hip and leg position... come on, zhang isn't going to make TV at this rate so i need a nice layback spin to admire when cohen isn't around.

    flatt's posture seems somewhat improved. is that why she wasn't her usual reliable self today? by nationals she'll have both posture and consistency back i think. actual scratchy landings and looking not so comfortable w/ the program.


    so happy for caro, but shocked that the costume wasn't changed from TEB. the music and skating connection didn't seem as 'on' as at TEB, but the jumps were way better and she looks so happy. looks to me like frank was surprised she wasn't placed first. i am too. but maybe this is the PCS she gets when they aren't using it to hold her up after multiple falls.


    korpi was clean and i LOL at the yellow highlighter comment. but i didn't like the overflail of the arms in the choreography. look at akiko--if you wave your arms more than akiko does and with less flair, you're overdoing it.

    bebe... i could not believe the fall on the footwork. i thought she was out of the woods after the jumps--even w/ the 2axel being so so. oh well.

    at least long program will be exciting. i bet rochette comes roaring back to win.

  2. #182
    Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    yey carolina
    did she fix her dress?
    I don't think so. I seems the same.
    I really want Mirai and Carolina to nail FS and stay on podium. It will very good for them! Bravo all ladies! What a great competition! I really enjoyed it!

  3. #183
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,076

    scores

    1 Mirai NAGASU USA 62.20 37.40 24.80 6.35 5.80 6.35 6.25 6.25 0.00 #6
    2 Kiira KORPI FIN 61.20 34.80 26.40 6.65 6.35 6.75 6.60 6.65 0.00 #9
    3 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 61.12 31.80 29.32 7.35 7.10 7.50 7.30 7.40 0.00 #12
    4 Akiko SUZUKI JPN 59.52 34.40 25.12 6.55 5.90 6.35 6.30 6.30 0.00 #7
    5 Rachael FLATT USA 58.80 33.40 25.40 6.50 6.05 6.40 6.40 6.40 0.00 #10
    6 Fumie SUGURI JPN 55.46 30.38 25.08 6.45 6.05 6.30 6.35 6.20 0.00 #8
    7 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN 52.12 23.92 28.20 7.00 7.05 6.85 7.25 7.10 0.00 #11
    8 Yan LIU CHN 51.28 30.00 21.28 5.40 5.00 5.50 5.40 5.30 0.00 #3
    9 Beatrisa LIANG USA 50.76 29.04 22.72 5.80 5.35 5.65 5.75 5.85 1.00 #5
    10 Bingwa GENG CHN 47.64 28.20 19.44 5.05 4.55 5.00 4.90 4.80 0.00 #1
    11 Diane SZMIETT CAN 44.24 25.08 21.16 5.55 5.05 5.20 5.35 5.30 2.00 #4
    12 Binshu XU CHN 37.08 19.36 18.72 4.95 4.40 4.70 4.70 4.65 1.00 #2

  4. #184
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Several comments about Mirai clearly URing - if so obvious, how could the judges miss it?

  5. #185
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,030
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Several comments about Mirai clearly URing - if so obvious, how could the judges miss it?
    Mirai's jumps looked rotated to my naked eye.

  6. #186
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Mirai's jumps looked rotated to my naked eye.
    I think judges have a better view and much better replays that what we see on these Live streams

  7. #187
    Pigs CAN fly! TCAngel18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    i thought mirai UR her jumps--half the rotation on the ice, same as pre-Carroll. i like her skating, like her, and prefer her to everybody but caro in this competition but i don't see how her jumps were clean whereas suguri's jumps were given such a low score.

    agree w/ medusa on expression and spark between mirai and akiko--akiko made her program sing. mirai just got through hers. however akiko's posture bothers me. it's like she's too horizontal on the ice. and will mirai please please please fix her layback--the back is too far back, the hip and leg position... come on, zhang isn't going to make TV at this rate so i need a nice layback spin to admire when cohen isn't around.

    flatt's posture seems somewhat improved. is that why she wasn't her usual reliable self today? by nationals she'll have both posture and consistency back i think. actual scratchy landings and looking not so comfortable w/ the program.


    so happy for caro, but shocked that the costume wasn't changed from TEB. the music and skating connection didn't seem as 'on' as at TEB, but the jumps were way better and she looks so happy. looks to me like frank was surprised she wasn't placed first. i am too. but maybe this is the PCS she gets when they aren't using it to hold her up after multiple falls.


    korpi was clean and i LOL at the yellow highlighter comment. but i didn't like the overflail of the arms in the choreography. look at akiko--if you wave your arms more than akiko does and with less flair, you're overdoing it.

    bebe... i could not believe the fall on the footwork. i thought she was out of the woods after the jumps--even w/ the 2axel being so so. oh well.

    at least long program will be exciting. i bet rochette comes roaring back to win.

    thanks!!!! im glad im good for SOMETHING lol

  8. #188
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    406
    hey, nobody's hiring me to judge, but mirai's jumps look like they were being rotated on the ice to me. your mileage will vary. i WANT her to do well (and to fix her layback spin). but i would hate for her to get away with it now, only to be dinged for it later. isn't that what everybody said happened to mao at WTT--she got false confidence that with 3a she could overtake everybody else? yes that's right it all comes back to mao sooner or later *face palms*

  9. #189
    Pigs CAN fly! TCAngel18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    417
    wow..lol...i was so watching that nba chinese commercial where it says : where *chinese word* happens, and all i could think of was the bad word for poopy...im a dork, but i would so laugh if one of the chinese words was that word, and us americans were watching, and had no clue..and the joke would be on us....sorry, my mind is a scary place

  10. #190
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    hey, nobody's hiring me to judge, but mirai's jumps look like they were being rotated on the ice to me. your mileage will vary. i WANT her to do well (and to fix her layback spin). but i would hate for her to get away with it now, only to be dinged for it later. isn't that what everybody said happened to mao at WTT--she got false confidence that with 3a she could overtake everybody else? yes that's right it all comes back to mao sooner or later *face palms*
    I didn't mean to doubt you - just woke up here on 4 hours sleep and haven't been able to see any of it. Your comments - all of the commenst are appreciated.

  11. #191
    Edgy Details
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cracow
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

    If that blond skinny fish now gets more PCS than Akiko, I will be mad.
    Is she really that skinny ? I never had that impression, she always seemed nicely build, with proper curves for a mature woman. But maybe something changed since I saw her last time on a proper quality TV screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    yey carolina
    did she fix her dress?
    Nooooo. Although she did not have an 'incident' this time, it still looked awkward.

    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post

    korpi was clean and i LOL at the yellow highlighter comment. but i didn't like the overflail of the arms in the choreography. look at akiko--if you wave your arms more than akiko does and with less flair, you're overdoing it.
    I thought the same about Kostner, actually. She overdoes her arms work, and the same concerns some of her upper body movements. They are just too sharp to me.
    In general, it was a very weird competition. If I had to choose someone for 1st place, I would be very undecided! I liked some aspects of performances and at the same time I disliked many other aspects, which make me not to have a clear winner.
    It will be exciting tomorrow!

  12. #192
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by TCAngel18 View Post
    thanks!!!! im glad im good for SOMETHING lol
    your comment woke me right up. i was struggling to stay awake between the skates and the marks up to that point. thank you muchly

  13. #193
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by life684 View Post
    Rochette into second group, if she does this in Olympics sp (Solkolova's SP comes to mind)she could end up in last but 2 group. This will also impact her PCS for her long program.
    That's why I'll be shocked if she really does a 3lutz/3toe at the Olympics in the short. I mean you never know but it seems to throw her off to much. Because of this, I really think at this point unless Asada gets it together, Ando is the only one mentally strong enough to challenge Kim. And luckily for Kim, she is for good reason the top skater the judges like the least.

  14. #194
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I didn't mean to doubt you - just woke up here on 4 hours sleep and haven't been able to see any of it. Your comments - all of the commenst are appreciated.
    and i don't mean to be snippy, but it's 6am here, and my football team just suffered a devastating injury. i may be lacking proper objectivity at this moment.

  15. #195
    Pigs CAN fly! TCAngel18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    your comment woke me right up. i was struggling to stay awake between the skates and the marks up to that point. thank you muchly
    i am the comic relief, when im not in the middle of arguments of overscoring... ....shen xue is so pretty and the chinese newscaster looks like a chinese version of shiz

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •