Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Joannie Rochet, 2Lz only, no combo, 3F, 1A only. What is going on with her?!
Good mature program, loads of speed, confidence, but not on jumps today. Liked that flower on her shoulder,good make up too.
Too bad about popped jumps. A rather long wait for scores to come.
52.12...oh. who could expect that! In 6th place.

life684

Final Flight
Joannie Rochette ... not her day

2Lz
3Flip ... good
1Axel
other elements were good

Should be able to catch up with the other with her gorgeous LP

Rochette gets best performance/execution score so far.overall pcs is a little too high; though expected.

Kissx3

Final Flight
I wonder what happened to Rochette today. She's not out of it if she skates to her ability in the long, but too bad about that one.

Nadine

Record Breaker
BRAVO, CAROLINA, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!:clap::love::agree::rock:

When this diamond is on there is nobody that can touch her! I loved everything about this performance ~ choreography, dress, music, expression, jumps (except the Tara Lipinski style 2A), et al!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Carolina, for bringing me back to Oksana Baiul's exquisite 1994 Olympic SP "The Black Swan". Your step sequence & expression were almost identical to hers!!!!!!!!!:love:

amateur

Final Flight
Caro Kostner, ITA
Chopin Nocturne

3f?-2t ok
3t?
2a good

last competition i thought she looked great skating to the Chopin part, this time not same spark, a bit more awkward. I dislike the music change in this program - too forced. circular footwork good though

I'm distracted by Joannie's performance, coudn't get into this one enough :-(

61.12 - 3rd! I think I actually agree with this scoring, but surprised!

Last edited:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I usually don't care much for Carolina, but for me, she was definitely the best today.

Very good jumps wise, and I think she and Akiko Suzuki were the best in terms of connection to the music today.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Carolina Kostner. Gorgeous program, She lives in it! Nice 3Lz-2t, 3T,2A, brilliant speed and footwork! She looks so happy!! Frank should be very happy with his girls today
Oh Well done Carolina! Finally :clap: :clap::clap:
I expect her be 1st!
61.12. Oh no, into 3rd place, I wonder why?

Nadine

Record Breaker
:clap:GREAT JOB BY ALL THE LADIES!!!!!!:rock:

It looks like Carolina & Kiira are practically tied for 2nd, with Mirai just a point above them in 1st! Tomorrow should be an interesting & hopefully great skate from all the ladies!:love:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I somehow have the feeling that No. 4 and 5 are going to leapfrog the first three skaters tomorrow. That is now Flatt's to win.