Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 3:55 am Eastern Time Friday

skatingbc

Final Flight
It's nice watching a feed with no commentary, because you can pump up the volume and hear what the skaters and coaches are saying. Mirai spoke about the "polka dots" on her forehead, while Frank nervously laughed and told her not to point that out to the world.

life684

Final Flight
Rochette into second group, if she does this in Olympics sp (Solkolova's SP comes to mind)she could end up in last but 2 group. This will also impact her PCS for her long program.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Carolina Kostner. Gorgeous program, She lives in it! Nice 3Lz-2t, 3T,2A, brilliant speed and footwork! She looks so happy!! Frank should be very happy with his girls today
Oh Well done Carolina! Finally :clap: :clap::clap:
I expect her be 1st!
61.12. Oh no, into 3rd place, I wonder why?

ITA. My favorite program today. Seeing her huge smile at the end of her program was priceless. I got a kick out of the banter between Caro and Frank in the K&C. They seem to really hit it off.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It wasn't a great skate by Kostner, but it was a solid one, and if ever there was a skater who really needed a clean skate, it was her. I hope this will give Caro some confidence going into the LP :).

Still strange seeing her with someone other than Huth in the K&C, but looks like it was the right call. I wish she'd do something about the dress, it looks too low cut. The color is gorgeous on her, though.

Kinga

Medalist
Thank you, Carolina, for bringing me back to Oksana Baiul's exquisite 1994 Olympic SP "The Black Swan". Your step sequence & expression were almost identical to hers!!!!!!!!!:love:

I must disappoint you, but Oksana's sequence is not even close in terms of diffuculty and execution. But also demands for step sequences were different in 1994.

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Are they ever closer. Top 3 are a virtual tie.

Great competition!!!

Gotta be impressed with Koster and Nagasu.

Last edited:

mishieru07

On the Ice
Good job Mirai and Carolina! Love Akiko too. :rock:
Oh Rochette ... what happened ):

Great competition today, FS tomorrow should be exciting! I hope Rochette bounces back though, her S&D FS is lovely.

What a topsy-turvy season it has been this year! Nothing it seems is for certain.

skatingbc

Final Flight
ITA. My favorite program today. Seeing her huge smile at the end of her program was priceless. I got a kick out of the banter between Caro and Frank in the K&C. They seem to really hit it off.

ITA. I remembered why I liked her so much a couple years ago. I hope this wasn't a one-off and hopefully she can keep it up!

Yikes for Joannie. Her PB is the highest of all the ladies here though. If she could skate lights out tomorrow, I think she could still pull off the win. She's only 10 pts back. She is at a disadvantage because she's not in the final flight (who saw that coming?!). I guess we'll see!

life684

Final Flight
It will be interesting to see Mirai's PCS tomorrow. Though the program is devoid is very Flat(like flatt's program), she will get quantum jump in her pcs for being in lead.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Joannie just needs to focus on her long program. I suspect she will move up but she is 10 points behind the first place finisher. Ouch

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
I don't know why yet but I was not crazy about Rachael's program. Maybe it will grow on me. She had on a beautiful dress, nice color on her.

adamlondon

On the Ice
gosh what a disappointment. Highest score of 62 for SP? I thought Joannie was really going to blow the field away. I am glad Carolina dumbed down her program to get a clean skate. she's so lucky she is in third as she only did a triple toe.

amateur

Final Flight
Should be noted Mirai got by far the biggest applause from audience. I agree with her in 1st... she's gangly and juniorish still, of course has things to work on, but that performance had a certain charm. Or else i was just caught by surprise with low expectations, having only seen her once before.

Korpi was well balanced.

Caro competent job today, and has high skills, but today's performance not HER best.

Akiko is nice, overall program will get better. Could work on her spins.

I'd easily switch Flatt and Fumie's scores (just on general impression.. i of course don't know what the protocols say).

Rochette!!! I do like the program though, this may well turn into her absolute best SP.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Joannie just needs to focus on her long program. I suspect she will move up but she is 12 points behind the first place finisher. Ouch
10 points, I would call that 10 points.

If the judges call Nagasu tomorrow on the underrotations, that clearly were there today - I predict 1. Flatt, 2./3. Suzuki / Rochette, perhaps the other way around.

kandidy

Final Flight
Sneaking back from work, and look what a surprise I found!
Mirai with a strong SP!
Kiira in second??
Clean Kostner!

and

No Rochette in the final group !!!!!!????