Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Men's SP 5:45 am Eastern Time Friday

He has never done level 4 footwork before and his skating skills are not the strongest, so I don't see that as a possibility for him.
    Oda's skating skills aren't the strongest? Oda has some of the best basic skating skills in men's skating right now. He has deep edges and gets ridiculous amounts of speed. And gorgeous knees. I'm not sure if he'll get level four footwork (but reportedly Plushenko looked slow and labored Plushy doesn't have the speed he use too.) but to say Oda's skating skills aren't that strong is ridiculous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Are you sure you can win the bet? I know you are only joking. That's all.
    I am not joking.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Oda's skating skills aren't the strongest? Oda has some of the best basic skating skills in men's skating right now. He has deep edges and gets ridiculous amounts of speed. And gorgeous knees.
    Disagreed. Oda has excellent knees (which is what gives him his speed when he is stroking), yes, but I've never found his edges to be great. That is part of why he has received lower PCS than other top competitors in the past.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I mean if we are going to go by jumps alone, Plushenko should have won the long program in 2002, but it's never been "just" about jumps.Maybe but its not like at the Olympics in 2006 he had transition filled programs (at all.) And he's older now.
    Carmen was not all about jumps!!Because Yags program was more *artistic* doeesnt mean Plush Lp sucked!

Plushenko didnt stop doing two quads once yag retired..2003 season he went for 4-3-3 and a quad, Worlds 2004??Everybody went for two quads!In 2006 he didnt even need it, why risk it.

When Yag was around Evgeni lost a lot of times but problems with consistency? He also had a pretty impressive record of wins, check 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 season. Before he was just like a yellow junior chicken of course but was winning bronze and silver at worlds.

Evgeni is older now but he is much healthier than 2006 when his body was holding by strings and he is much more relaxed.

I trust Mishin will kick his butt to make some choreo in these programs and stop improvising, I believe he let him play on his first comeback like a happy boy but if you see Mishin face after kiss and cry, I think Plushy went home with a note after Rostel
    I hope he dont go for 3 quads (3?he wont do 4S in competition for the first time in his life now! and he has tried 4lutz only once) and concentrates on his weak things! Concerning jumps Evgeni in Rostel was jumping 4-3-2 off ice for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    (I should be getting paid for this advice. :sheesh: )
    I think so too, I just love your posts!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14