Music: La Corrida by F. Gabrel
Diem by Rodrigo y Gabriela
12 Evan LYSACEK USA
Music: Firebird by Igor Stravinski

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
well I'm here sort of, but not for long. I need to get some sleep before the pairs.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, I'm here, but plan on heading to bed after the Men! :)

Funny, I recognize a few names on the list, but not many. Seriously, I have been uninterested in the Men since Evgeni left in 2006, but am now back to check out his competitors, lol.:biggrin:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Can anybody tell me whom I should look out for in terms of competing against Evgeni Plushenko?

I mean I know Evan Lysacek is one because he became the World Champion last year. But anybody else? I've heard a few other names mentioned, but I don't know what they accomplished, et al.

Thanks! :)

P.S. Of course Chan & Oda are threats (as well as the other Japanese men & Joubert & Lambiel), but anybody else competing here?

beep_beep

Medalist
Finally someone skating to Crossfire! I've been dying to see a program with it.

8:03 am here. Good morning everyone! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks, Seniorita! :) Nice to see you here as well (checking out his competitors as well, huh)?;)

Lol, I feel like Katarina Witt sitting in the stands checking out her competitors.:laugh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Funny, I recognize a few names on the list, but not many. Seriously, I have been uninterested in the Men since Evgeni left in 2006, but am now back to check out his competitors, lol.:biggrin:
Your loss - men's skating has been much more exciting and much less predictable the last few years!

Who to watch other than Lysacek: Samuel Contesti, who was sidelined for two seasons because he switched from representing France to skating for Italy, had a fantastic season last year, finishing 2nd at Euros and 5th at Worlds. If his LP is anywhere near as entertaining as last year's, it'll be great fun. Nobunari Oda won TEB two weeks ago, and has a really cute LP. I'm not crazy about his SP, but he's a very good skater. Yannick Ponsero is a headcase but if his quad is on, it's the best in the business. Denis Ten is very young but had a breakthrough performance at Worlds last year. He's lovely to watch.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Can anybody tell me whom I should look out for in terms of competing against Evgeni Plushenko?

I n this competion would say Denis Ten. Well, maybe it's not his time yet, but you never know :yes:

seniorita

Record Breaker
No checking, I want to see Oda winning this:biggrin:And Ten doing well!*i hope i dont jinx them now or something*
Ah ... Daisuke Takahashi of Japan will be a major competitor of Plushenko.
yes i was just telling from this competition apart from Evan;)

life684

Final Flight
I n this competion would say Denis Ten. Well, maybe it's not his time yet, but you never know :yes:

Denis Ten scored something 225 points at cup of russia series. And personally thing there was very little inflation in his score from reading the russian posts.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks, Buttercup, for the detailed analysis (& everybody else as well, much appreciated). Aha, now I remember reading something about Contesti! Can't wait to watch the second group. :)