Men's SP 5:45 am Eastern Time Friday | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 5:45 am Eastern Time Friday

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Sergey Voronov. Great jumps. 4T-3T, 3Lz-3T, 3F. Some Russian crowd out there in the audience. Well done! A bit slow on footwork. Looks like he likes the program. I can see improvement in choreograohy, facial expressions.
81.40. Into 2nd place. Looks happy. Well deserved.:clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Evan will have to be on to keep up with Oda and Sergei. GO Evan!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, I love this FRA man's program ~ choreography, style, flair, passion, drama, fluidity, et al.

Too bad about the horrible fall on the opening 3L & the turnout on the 3A, also I think he doubled a jump?

Yet despite all that I enjoyed his performance/program. And it doesn't hurt that he looks like Tom Cruise (same height even, lol), but he makes his height work for him by showing refinement, clean cut lines, etc. :)

beep_beep

Medalist
Ponsero's fall looked like it hurted (fell with his legs crossed).
Looking at that jump in the air, you just knew he was not going to land it... :no:

amateur

Final Flight
Yannick Ponsero FRA
light elegant upbeat spanish music

3lz? horrible lean and SPLAT
3a almost, step out
3s? ack i need commentary

what is with that costume??
he was probably unnerved after that bad fall, did an admirble job holding it together
pained expression at program's end, probably not injured but that fall surely didn't feel good. nice flair and body movement in this program, it's a bit odd, but very pleasant

Last edited:

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Yanick Ponsero. Horrific fall on 4T, 3A step out, 3S. Light hearted program. I've never been his fan. He looks very dissapointed and it seems like he has pain on elbow. He cut it! I can see blood in there..oh no..

beep_beep

Medalist
Not a bad program from Lysacek, and he skated it well.
Those arms just made me dizzy... he flapped like he didn't care :p

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry, first time seeing this program, and have to say that I don't like Evan's "Firebird" at all (look to Yukari Nakano to see how it is done, Evan).

And the horrible frou-frou womanly feathers on his wrists have got to go! He looks like a long black spider out there, a female one. Maybe Johnny Weir can get away with something like this, but not you, Evan. Please, do away with the effeminate look. Yuck!

amateur

Final Flight
Evan Lysachek USA

dear lord, the gloves are a bit much

3a done
3lz-3t fine
3f good

typical Evan. not particularly musical, coulda been skating to anything, a bit gangly, but well presented with a sense of drama.
Don't like the costume - it's more death falcon than firebird.

big crowd applause, i guess he does something right, but I don't feel anything from that.

80.80 - crowd "aahhh's", but I agree with that being 3rd! Jumps done but not as well as top 2, and lacking musicality from my perspective

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Bravo Evan! Loads of energy and expressions! He is so emotional! Looks like a truly World Chmpion!!!! :bow:
His command and overall look on the ice improved so much! Arms on footwork all work into the music, very good footwork. I don't think there were any UR.
Good 3A, 3Lz-3T, 3F. I'm a fan! He looks stunning!
80.80. Into the 3rd place. He looks surprized....me too. I thought he was the best.
:love:

Lightspear

Rinkside
SP Results

FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Nobunari ODA JPN 83.35 1
2 Sergei VORONOV RUS 81.40 2
3 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 72.08 3
4 Jinlin GUAN CHN 66.70 4
5 Yannick PONSERO FRA 66.65 5
6 Stephen CARRIERE USA 65.24 6
7 Chao YANG CHN 65.10 7
8 Denis TEN KAZ 64.05 8
9 Ming XU CHN 61.02 9
10 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 60.12 10
11 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA 59.54 11

seniorita

Record Breaker
Why Lysacek is so tanned?
Good Evan but if I listen again that Plushy is flapping I will post this competition, first time I get bothered by hands of any skater- even Evans. I think it is the feathers at the end that cause it!
Why I m watching James Bond now?

demarinis5

Record Breaker
FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Nobunari ODA JPN 83.35 1
2 Sergei VORONOV RUS 81.40 2
3 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 72.08 3
4 Jinlin GUAN CHN 66.70 4
5 Yannick PONSERO FRA 66.65 5
6 Stephen CARRIERE USA 65.24 6
7 Chao YANG CHN 65.10 7
8 Denis TEN KAZ 64.05 8
9 Ming XU CHN 61.02 9
10 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 60.12 10
11 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA 59.54 11

You forgot Evan he came in third.

Evan got the highest PC's.

janetfan

Match Penalty
So Mirai and Evan were the best received by the crowd - not a bad sign for their first event

herios

Medalist
Bravo Evan! Loads of energy and expressions! He is so emotional! Looks like a truly World Chmpion!!!! :bow:
His command and overall look on the ice improved so much! Arms on footwork all work into the music, very good footwork. I don't think there were any UR.
Good 3A, 3Lz-3T, 3F. I'm a fan! He looks stunning!
80.80. Into the 3rd place. He looks surprized....me too. I thought he was the best.
:love:

His 3 axel looked short to me. He could have gotten some negative GOE's on it, based on his total TES.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
His 3 axel looked short to me. He could have gotten some negative GOE's on it, based on his total TES.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw his score come up. Good skate for
Evan first time out.